Ion take my levels!

120 levels aren’t really that many tbh. There’s games with far higher numbers such as Diablo and Runescape.

I do however agree that we can’t let this go on much longer. Perhaps keep the level at 120 from now on.

I would accept it if they didn’t further increase level cap.

I don’t recall any of that happening.

Yeaaahhh but again that’s a talent system issue, not a “we have 120 levels”-issue.

I think too much of a work to get rid off character level. as some others stated everything must be rescaled. It is lots of work.
Easier way ;3 options for a new character
From level 1
from level 80-90
from level 110 (boost)
So who enjoys levelling can do theirs, who does not like it and dont have money to spend to boost start from 80-90.
problem solved.
Nothing relevant is in old content so, no reason to start from beginning. I mean even if you start from level 1 you don’t check for lore . You just want to level up. it is not 2004 to see everything.

maybe huge wall was too much hyperbole but there was some negative reaction

Seeing as how this is an MMORPG, leveling should not be optional imo.

There’s always a few :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well there is data on that…we just don’t have access too it.

What is the subscription gain rate of WoW?
How long do they stay?
What level range does the average new player give up at?

And so on.

If it ain’t broke…you say…well clearly somethings not right and somethings not working.
Because the devs are considering a change which means it is broken.

You still can’t use it as an argument then without knowing the actual numbers.

That’s not data that even remotely shows how much players that specific change would attract.

What’s wrong is that leveling is incredibly mind numbingly boring and the lack of any sense of progress is what causes that.

So again… A proper talent system, class quests and class trainers would fix that problem.

Or the cheaper option of use what’s there but reduce the levels in the game.

Guess which one they will take?

Hell, take 60 of them, 70, 80, just lower the amount of levels I have to grind at a pointless and old content

Sounds like you’re just lazy.

That’s not even remotely close to the cheaper option seeing as how they’d have to re-design many aspects of the game just so that the level change doesn’t break everything.

Giving back the old talent system and tweaking it a little bring as well as bringing back class quests and class trainers is a much easier way to go about all of this.

Most of the assets already exist.

So yes, guessing which one they’d take?

If it’s about developer time and money then they’d take the talent system route.

Did I at anypoint say that I want leveling faster?
I just want the levels I gain to be meaningful

I said that it sounds like you’re just lazy. Like “Meh the more levels they’d remove the better it is for me because I cba to level anyway.”

If you want it to be more meaningful they should make it more fun.

haha not a chance.

Sorry but that’s hilarious, old talent system? so that we can all take the same talents again? worthless.

I don’t think you grasp what would be required to do what you suggest where as a level squish is basically math.

I’m sorry to hear that you never experimented with it. Seems like you missed a lot of opportunities.

Also… we’re taking the exact same talents now too… I haven’t switched any of my talents in months.

And I don’t think you fully realize what has to be done to succesfully pull off a level squish and even if they do it’ll end up hurting more players than it helps.

Let’s agree to disagree.

Shame, I change my talents all the time.

get the math right…It literally is just math.

And what will change if they cut the levels in half? You wont be able to play the end-game earlier! 60 or 120 levels, the leveling time is the same! You prefer to be stuck on one level for 3-4 days (from level 26 to level 27 for example) ? They increased the leveling already. You level up 40% faster to level 110.

You’re right in this, too. Nothing changes.

I’ve made a post on this topic before the forum upgrade, when they first mentioned it. It’d be an opportunity to make leveling interesting again and I am all up for a level squish. For max level chars, it’d be the same as the (already two) ilvl squishes, the only difference it’d hit the “level” number.

Also, if they really wanted, it’d be a chance to bring back something on (almost) every level, if they gave many abilities sooner but in weaker versions - they’d be “powered up” later through ranks which would prevent the hard-hitters to be too strong at lower levels. They could also do it the same with abilities having charges (starting at one, getting more later) and passives (what’s now 25% chance right away could be split into 5%, 15%, and 25% ranks over the leveling).

The way I’d see it, levels of:
Spec at 5, talents: 10,20,30,40,50,60
Mounts: 10,20,30,35,40. Personally, I’d make a change to flying structure from 150%/280%/310% to something like 170%/240%/310% and nerf the cost for the mid tier but that’s just me. Ghost wolf/travel form at 7.
Allied races: 10. DK: 28. DH: 38.
LFD: 10, Glyphs: ability-dependent but not below L10
Zones:
Start 1-5
Vanilla 1-30 (similar to today’s scaling, just divide the entry level in half)
TBC-LK bracket 28-40 (Hellfire, Zangarmarsh, Borean, Howling fjord 28+, the rest 30+)
Cata, MoP 35-45 (Jade forest, Hyjal, Vashj’ir 35+, the rest 37+)
WoD 40-50, Legion 45-55
BfA 55-60 (Changes to 50-60 on 9.0)
Next expansion 60-65 (changes to 55-65 on 10.0) etc.
The point is to have overlaps to always be able to skip a continent if you want to stay in one.

yes
Make DING great again !
take a level 1 rouge for example. you have 38 new abilities 1 giving at level 1 so 37 abilities + 7 talent points to use total of 44 new “things”
at level 20 you get mount at 40 you get faster mount at 60 you get flying and at 70 faster flying and again speed boost at 80
those are 5 more “things” making total 49 “things” spread around 120 levels!
just imagine if it takes the same time to level but now the max is level 50
you will get a new thing every level!
and with 50 being top its new “thing” on its own as it opens up latest raids/heroics/mythics…etc etc

this, and if they wanted to they could give you lets call it hero levels, what doesnt put your char level higher, but instead gives you points to spend on talents or something instead, you would still have all the talents needed to raid and what not, when you ding, but the more you play the more hero levels you get, what makes your talents stronger up to a sertain point to not make it to overpowerd, that could work I think.

The thing is… you don’t need to squish the levels to make leveling interesting again.

They can do it whenever they want. They don’t need an opportunity.

All we need is a proper Talent Tree and you’re done. Problem solved. We don’t need a complete revamp of how experience of levels work. It’s a waste of time.