Ion: "We are not gonna go live with destructible conduits as they are"

I don’t think that will happen.
I think they’re going to go live with ‘as much balance’ as possible. I think it would only ‘go free’ in a later patch.

From what I heard in that discussion it really seems that the devs have a certain mindset and philosophy for their game which clashes with the tryhard/hardcore part of the playerbase. And I agree with Ion on this one. I think that part of the playerbase will have to either make a mindset adjustment or call it quits.

9 Likes
3 Likes

im 20 minutes into the interview and I wish they had this conversation 1 year ago so they could do better job at designing SL

2 Likes

I wonder how they even thought that having to re-farm the same conduits over and over if we want to play multiple specs was even remotely a good idea. It does make me worried, because it shows that they’re really out of touch with the playerbase.

It’s good that they’re changing it and are reacting to feedback, but it’s still concerning that they ever came up with such a concept in the first place.

4 Likes

Well that would be good too tbf, also, they shouldnt tie spells and conduits to transmongs and mounts.

1 Like

I missed Legion but wasn’t this the case with the gems we put in artefact weapons? Maybe them seeing Legion go down as one of WoW’s better expansions is what told them “hey, maybe we did something right there”

I think Ion is overthinking stuff, and maybe Blizzard is struggling with undoing decisions they made in the past. You can clearly see them struggling with flying and trying to make the zones actually matter. I think all of this progression is them trying to undo the new talent trees, because those do not allow for player expression and customization at all.

Would’ve been kinda hard to have such conversation one year ago when both parties agree that the idea is good but disagree on its actual implementation.

Not too late tho, there has already been changes done on the alpha based on feedback and they are not done yet as demonstrated by the Conduit change.

they could just make it simple and decouple the class abilities from the covenants, this will solve the vast majority of the problems.

2 Likes

That’s because blizzard has openly stated flying is a headache they wish they had never added it as it ruins alot of what they strive for… I hate it too honestly and don’t bother with pathfinder

Wouldn’t put the blame on the talent trees.

• Players overall liked legion despite its issues.

• They tried something with BFA which massively backfired

• They pretty much create a legion 2.0 with a unique twist, trying to solve the issues legion had while adding something different which should bring back players and hopefully attract Classic players

Talent trees are imo unrelated to the SL designs. It’s more about not having a WoD 2.0 where only raider thrived than expanding the talent system.

2 Likes

Going by his wording my guess is their solution will end up being some sort of depletion mechanic so after X amount of swaps you’ll have a depleted or broken conduit and you have to jump through hoops to “repair” it.

They should just also let us join any Covenant we like at any given time. Keep progress of our old one and just play with the Covenant we prefer for the time-being.
That will help those of us who like sticking to just one char too, I don’t wanna play many alts and grind with them to insanity just to be able to get all my Covenant stuff.
I’ll gladly do it on a main though.

1 Like

Make conduits a catalogue once earned but put a 6-12hour cooldown on changing soulbind loadout. problem solved? That way you can experiment with different loadouts and not be abused by people in raids wanting to change per fight. That sounds better than anything I’ve heard so far.

By the way I’m available to test the beta guys. Started on day 1 of wow release. Can give good feedback like this.

1 Like

No, you had different weapons for the specs. You didn’t have to destroy your prot stuff if you were putting it in your dps weapon.

You have 3 soulbind slots that can be bound to specs afaik. I’m not defending the destructible conduits - very early on I wrote how much they stink :^) Maybe in Legion there was less reason to swap out gems in artefacts so it wasn’t THAT much of a problem for them to be destructible.

They gave you item lvl on the weapon and they gave you points in specific traits on the weapon. You only replaced/destroyed the old one if a new one was a higher ilvl and had the traits you wanted.

The multispec unfriendliness wasn’t caused by this, it was because you had to level the weapons independently, so if you had only played dps and wanted to tank, you had to start over again when you got your tank weapon. Having to grind all the AP for it, essentially being on the same level as someone who just started playing legion content and just obtained it even if you had already played for months.

1 Like

And i think you should also get a mindset adjustment.

I would bet a lot on that they are not going to let us freely swap the conduits, because that wouldn’t punish players for playing multiple specs, which is their mentality since Legion.

My bet is on a new conduit reforge system that lets you swap conduits for gold, starts at 5 gold and the amount is doubled everytime. Yeah… that sounds punishing enough.

Well… At least with destructible conduits you can stack 3 times the same conduit which usually isn’t possible with “learn and mix&match” systems like essences

Overall yes it solve most of the issues, there’s just the conduit stacking which should suffer from just making a library of conduits like old glyphs and essences.

Would also be what I’d pick should they allow you to use them multiple times in your soulbinds.

you always disgust me with being wrong on many levels

2 Likes