Is anyone else not enjoying Visions?

Everyone sang the praises of the visions as being the best content of 8.3 but really, I’m kinda let down by them. They don’t feel fun whatsoever, the way that gear works in them is, in my opinion, vague, and the fact that they’re limited and always super high stakes ruins them for me. Since every vision is important there’s no way to practice, to figure out what you’ll have to do for the run because if you fail a run then you get left out. And another personal gripe I have is just the sanity system in general. It really isn’t my kind of thing and forces you to rush things because any second spent thinking about your next move is a second wasted, and that gameplay really doesn’t appeal to me (M+ doesn’t really fall into this same trap for me because you can practice the dungeons and aren’t really gated into how many dungeons you can do, and the time you’re given is rather generous). These are just my opinions and preferences, not saying that nobody can enjoy them, just wanted to see if anyone else felt similarly.

3 Likes

I enjoy the concept behind them, but the execution leaves alot to be desired.

For example, you can only enter them a max of 3 times a week, and there is no catch up for corrupted mementos.

2 Likes

Well I think that you are mostly against the gating and replayability of the content than the content itself.

I’m not really a fan, doing Rifts in Diablo was never my thing either so I suppose it’s just not my thing.

I suppose I just don’t care about getting more character power just to do the same thing over and over again but a little more difficult. Even when I still raided actively once we cleared it there wasn’t much incentive for me to continue raiding till the next one.

I believe you can still copy characters to the PTR. Not sure if this is an option.

Up to rank 5, you only need to do the boss. From 6 and a few ranks up, it’s just one side area and the boss. I found it helpful to watch a video about the side area (Dratos has a good one on YouTube, the one from January 15th). With the limitation to one rank per week after the first week, there is some wiggle room.

1 Like

I actually like rifts in diablo, but it seems like Blizzard tries to incorporate too much of diablo in WoW, and it doesn’t work because you don’t get a mass quantity of gear in WoW like in diablo.

At least in greater rifts you can farm as many keys as you want to try again and again, in WoW it’s 3 and done.

Im kinda with the OP on this one. As a casual player who enjoys just pottering around the map at my own speed it really isnt my sort of thing. I dont enjoy timed content or pressure being put on me.
Apparently though I shouldnt really need visions to just do LFR so it isnt a problem…although that does pose the question what is there for casual players in end content then?
This patch feels a little bit lightweight to last any length of time.

7 Likes

I’m not a fan of it being timed…I hate timed things…It’s like the Chromie quests from before…didn’t bother with them either

3 Likes

I am not fan of it.

Also don’t like the fact you need more and more mementos each time you buy a perk, the 10k a go also sucks. But is this all 8.3 is? Corrupted zone and gated instance or is there more coming?

2 Likes

You’ve got months and months - why do you feel the need to have it all done within days?

Exactly.

Made a poor choice in the research tree, came into the patch a few months later?

Too bad, no respec, no catchup, enjoy your next trait costing almost twice…

The things i don’t like about the Visions:
1 - The timer on it, meaning the insanity drain, things like that make me f*** up. I have a hard time with timers like that in general.
2 - Grinding the enttance fee. One reason i never did the mage tower was because i just hated the fact you needed those stupid currencies to enter.

But apart from that, i like the little scenario :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Besides the raid and mythic+ I don’t think there is more planned…

It’s just another boring grindfest with no rewards other than an extra rank on your cloak that seems to add nothing other than a little extra corrupt resist which feels nonexistant. (it drains just as quick).

10 extra levels in your neck, and infinite ileveling beyond 80… Literally no incentive whatsoever to keep pushing.

Also, this patch is EXTREMELY lazy-person friendly.
People that did a sh*tload in the previous patch raid/M+ wise get pooped on because the cloak quest is literally handing out free 440+ gear.

So kiddies that don’t put any time nor effort in can still get a decent ilvl in comparison to people actually playing.

It’s sad the direction this has gone in.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s lazy person friendly. I for one never bothered with gear before and am sitting at 415 atm and unable to solo Thrall :stuck_out_tongue:

Also quite sad you are considered a lazy person when raiding and mythic doesn’t interest you but there is no gear to be had in pvp :frowning:

I see no point of playing this patch. Its gives you nothing im stucked where i was before patch. Doing mythics and waiting for new raid. I dont enjoy alting so i will probably end my sub in few days.
This doesnt feel like patch more like minor hotfix except for new raid.
Most of core ppl will get bored soon. And come later or or even when expansion launch.
I agree on all what you guys said, timing in vision is so bad.
Rewards from chests and visions are really poor, i think benthic gear is by 1000% faster to aquire. And doing mythics + is by far more productive in a way or reward then this new content. Kinda dissappointed.
I truly hope devs see these kind of posts and do something about it.
Beacuse game became stale and boring.

1 Like

There is literally 0 grind involved to enter the visions though.
You get 2 visions by simply doing the assaults (the major and minor ones)
If you do the mini vision dailies each day, you get to enter 3 times.

All of this takes 3-4 hours A WEEK, not per day. It doesn’t get any more casual than this.

OT: I like them, I like the challenge behind them. I like how I can try out and pull more and more as I enter for another time, just to see how far I can get.
The more you do them, the better you get.

I feel like i’m not getting any progress. I’m a resto druid who do PVP, but are now forced to do horrific visions, however I cannot get what I need. I’ve also done all the vision runs I possibly can, so have to wait till reset day. I got 2 corrupted gear, first one was fine, but I tried to ‘‘purify’’ thing that MOTHER can do on the item, and it removed the effects (Did not know). The other piece gave me 75 corruption, so I was screwed, (had to purify that one). I’m left with no corruption gear, and I feel like it’s a weird system were in right now. Also I don’t even understand if you have to kill a lot of mobs to get gear, or you just can kill Thrall directly and get corrupted gear?

One thing is for sure, and that is, i’m not a fan of this system, I don’t want to have a corrupted gear that tries to kill me when PVP. I’m left off with the gear I use to have in 8.2.5

1 Like

It’s hard and I quite like that, I even like to die! ;D weird maybe but I’m sick of 1shotting. Haven’t yet figured out all there is in this patch and I like that too. I’m pretty sure there is a lot more coming we haven’t seen yet. Not going to read any guides until later, if I get stuck.

I’m just a crap casual and don’t feel any stress either. It’s going better and better. :slight_smile: