Is anyone NOT going to play WOTLK?

Why? I’m stuck considering leveling up my higher-level character for next week but I just don’t really have much of an urge to play it anymore. If they made it possible to transfer your character in the future to retail then maybe, but I think it’s just gonna be a messy lag-fest and I’ve met so many toxic/meta players in classic. I also hate all the bots/boosting services, kinda ruins it for me.

1 Like

I’m not…I played it back when it was current content. Prefer to level up a few more alts and get some more achievs before DF hits

22 Likes

I am playing WotLK, clearing Naxxramas and Ulduar at the moment. Soon to begin with ICC.

Oh, you meant Classic WotLK?

2 Likes

Definitely won’t re-play it. Abysmal content if you’re not raiding, classes are still barely working, and the magic of discovery is gone and will not come back

It’s about time people stop encouraging blizzard to microwave old stuff. Seriously, running beta tests for an expansion that’s already been published is just silly, yet it works, go figure…

10 Likes

I will not be playing. I hope those who are have an absolute blast though :grinning:

5 Likes

Did it all when it was current content.
Feels like a waste of my time to play again rather than gather gold, level alts, do m+ or whatever that does some real progress for me on Current content.

No, I did the DK start zone for the mount but beyond that I have zero interest in anything classic right now.

Perhaps in the future if they make a classic MoP or classic WoD I might play them but I am excited for DF not for nostalgia hits in expansions I’ve suffered through with QoL features added :grin:

4 Likes

So far, Wotlk classic doesn’t feel quite like it did back then.

And I’m not just talking about nostalgia stuff.

But yes, of course I will keep playing it.
So many specs I still haven’t tried out and just the thought of them makes me excited!

I quite enjoy being a no life/low life altoholic :clown_face:

2 Likes

I played through death knight starting zone for the mount, I remember playing through it many times back in the day cause I found it cool. This time however I uninstalled classic as soon as I had confirmed the mount was in my possession because I felt zero excitement and interest to keep going.

So no, I will NOT play wotlk :stuck_out_tongue: or any eventual follow-up

2 Likes

These replies are reassuring, I thought retail might become slightly dead and this could affect the populations/expectations for DF. I’m looking forward to DF. It’s just WOTLK Classic advertised everywhere and it’s like Blizzard really wants you to play it as your main game right now. But yes I hope everyone looking forward to it has a good time of course! :3

1 Like

Or looking at it another way, they are trying to get subs back because so they lost so many with SL and the drop off from tbc, DF doesn’t even have a date yet so use wrath classic to tempt people back means more $$$ for them right now.

3 Likes

i don’t play classic… so prob gonna do smth like get some BoP questlines done on the classes i didn’t do em on (currently on shammy, but rep grind is just… why.

Why would I play it? I’ve already done it.

Nope. Was one of the best moments i had in wow. But its the past.

Maybe I’ll play Mists, if they ever reach that point, but definitely not TLK.

I remember, I was there. If you don’t actively participate in raiding or PvP, there’s not much to do until the argent tournament (and even that is a drag to me so…)

I can’t commit to a schedule anymore so raiding is pretty much over for me.

1 Like

post deleted

Just looking to level, maybe do dungeons (still hate how LFD is not included) but not sure if I’ll bother to raid and things. I’ve already done all that and it’s not the same as it was. Also the classic community imo is just horrible anyway.

most people will level up but a lot of them will do it slowly - no need to hurry as ICC is the only tier that counts anyway and that wont come till like a year from now on .

i will level up my dk tank and pala heal but slowly when reseted xp builds up . ofc on launch night gonna do howling hord quests on dk just for nostalgia sake . but then gonna be back to retail to farm GV and raid fated on friday :slight_smile:

Nope. I had great memories of that expansion and would like to keep it that way. Sorry to say, but the game was played by a different breed of people back in those days.

4 Likes

WotLK was my first WoW expansion, so it’s very nostalgic for me. However, since then I got so used to all the quality of life improvements of retail and the new models too.

I was looking forward to try it out for the nostalgia, but the fact that they removed random LFD was a decision that I didn’t like at all.

Unless they revert this decision, I will not play WotLK classic. I leveled my DK for the mount, that’s it for now.