Is arena PVP broken atm?

Aight, I am not the best nor the worst player in the EU. I did about 2.5k in 2s last season, and around 2.3k in 3s as arms/fury warr. This season I just can’t push above 1.9k (in 3s) (with my lock, warr, DK, assass, DH)! I am a casual and I don’t have time for couple of mythic raids a week, I am 404ilvl on my warr (had to take a break for like a month and a half), also my other chars are from 380 up to 390ilvl (so pretty much low).

I try to do the interupts proprerly, pop bursts, defensives etc…, overall I am aware of the Arena gameplay, else I wouldn’t be at that mid-crap rating last season, I grab team mates from the PUG system that are all above 2.2k+ exp, so I really am trying to improve+push and I am open to feedback when I make a mistake, or am doing something constantly wrong, but the sad part is that most of the time I don’t see that me, nor my team mates are doing something wrong during an arena match. In fact we get into a losing streak and no one can even flame the other one because everything was done pretty much properly.

At 1.7k+ I only see full mythic geared people (or lower geared r1 alts). Also most of them have tank trinkets + cos absorption items etc… based on check-pvp. Rarely do I see a guy above 2.2k+ without at least few peaces of mythic gear. So my question is, does gear matter that much this season? Last season seemed A LOT more forgiving to low/lower gear, or was the MMR system more balanced? Because right now it just seems awful for a PVP player that is not the best, and not the worst either, and doesn’t have time to farm 420ilvl gear.

1 Like

its mostly about playing the right meta and having the right pve items atm.

Im not the best player either, but i have plenty of matches where i can’t do #¤"! i ouplay and still lose becouse of my class or setup

1 Like

Gear matters, but that’s not the problem. The problem is that the gear that matters most, at the moment, in PvP is not obtainable through PvP.
Also FOTM rolling matters a lot too.
Also, people leaving in droves matters a lot too, so ratings get squeezed.
The base of the “pyramid” is crumbling, so the whole “pyramid” is crumbling as well.
All in all, PvP is currently totally craptastic.

3 Likes

meta + gear. As some of the blizzcon players have put it, they would of won - simply if their classes were more meta than other people. Heck some players dont even log on and were stomping as destro etc.

I doubt any blizzcon player would be so toxic to say they’d win if their classes were better
Many of them for sure suffer from not being T1 comp and it might keep them away from doing well in competition, but that doesn’t mean they’d have their victory certain otherwise

I am fan of The Move and in my opinion they’re the best team, but even when their classes were very good, they still lost to Method Orange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvGjZA5wJaQ&t=1s Genuinley somebody else saying other classes are more meta, it just how it is - look at the 2 vs 2 ladder even. The number of rogues in 2’s at glad MMR or even at 2300-2200 pales in comparison to other classes currently. @Whisperer-defias-brotherhood

1 Like

but these two are kinda different things
there is huge difference between saying “we would’ve won if our classes were more meta” and “i think we would win if our classes were god tier”

I think Rogue will be one of the best classes for 2s at any time just because of the ability to shut down enemy’s damage by kidney on demand.

BTW Rogue + Mage is probably the strongest 2v2 comp.

Its the same thing and sure rogue mage could be strong but again its going to be your word against actual presented data. You go look at the first 5 pages of the 2 vs 2 ladder and tell me the representation of rogues, let alone mages =) Be my guest or infact play it yourself and push for R1 & R2 places if you’re so confident

1 Like

Actually it’s not my word against data. You make a claim - low representation therefore less good, which you didn’t prove.
So it’s my word (skepticism) vs your unsupported claim. You just bring correlation and some judgements about it, but we cannot be sure if you’re right or not.

That are the top 250 ? Too lazy to look how many per page are shown.

Too small of a sample size.

Thanks for all of the replies. Well in season 1 I got to 2.5k in 2s and 2.3k in 3s without doing a single dungeon or raid, only got gear from Arenas, BG’s + Daily quests. Why is Blizzard forcing me to go mythic raids in order to accomplish the lets say “same” result?

1 Like

Not sure what you talking about, you have more than enough gear, if you were actually 2.5k as you claim you wouldn’t have much trouble outplaying these pve players at 1.7k. That kind of gear only matters at top level where both teams do little to no mistakes.

Well you can look at my achi list or w/e, you can also see that I got in 1st week of season 2 to 1.6k in 3s, second week I got to 1850 when top players on rank list had 2.2k rating (I was full elite gear from last season), quit for a month and a half, and right now I can’t push above 1.9., where is the sense to that? Was I picking up better people in group finder?

They don’t care about pvp this is obvious since the Diamond-Laced Prism was nerfed they come with another April Joke…

No words for these plebs @ blizzard

1 Like

Well i dunno, if i remember s1 right fury wars were super op and rating was very inflated (r1 was like 3.4k or something?). So i guess it’s combination of these things. Now you are closer to rating where you belong.

Keldrun not to be rude, but I am expecting an opinion on “where I belong” possibly from a higher rated / exp players, based on your achievements in BFA PVP you most certainly don’t have the right to “position” anyone anywhere based on this list:

2 Likes

Again with the pve items being allowed in pvp, I think that’s one of the things that are messing up pvp atm

1 Like

well 2300 in s1 was barely any other season 1800 in 3s, so yes that’s where you belong.

2s rating were also inflated, guess the meta changed and fury doesn’t shine as much

2.3 in 3s late in season 1 was like 1800 in a normal season.

rank 1 was like 3500 major inflated season.

This. Gear matters but way way less than the comps.

I played a few 3vs3 yesterday with a couple of guildmates, was my first time healing as holy pala, had a ret and an unholy dk.
Premise: we are total pvp noobs but we’re all 405+ geared and we play at crappy rating, so with other mega noobs or alts.
Still we lost 70% of the fight, even against people who had a good 50k less health than us, simply because our comp is very bad. We had very little stun and interrupt available compared to other teams, sometimes as much as 3 times less.

Comps matter more than everything else.