Is classic now played less than retail?

I know it’s an extremely poor metric of activity, but if you look at top posts on the overall wow forum the entire top 10 list is retail threads. This was definitely not the case a few months ago.

Do you think this indicates the retail could be more popular again, or just that given the nature of classic many people thinking posting on the forums is pointless?

No news for Ahn Quiraj, PvP is Premade vs PU. This doesn’t help. But in few months maybe it’ll be the opposite when the players will have nothing to do on retail.

But you are right, there isn’t a lot of things to talk about Classic it’s a 15 years old game. Every post here are Q.Q thread.

The latter. Posts in Calssic forum ar Bots … bla bla bla … Black Lotus …bla bla … AV premade. I’v not been in her for like 2 montsh, and it’s just the same as when I left. I’m off again :wink:

Lol No. Theres a reason top servers are layered and Locked. Theres a Lot playing

7 Likes

You can’t really base a game’s popularity on it’s forum activity.

12 Likes

You forgot Kork and “premade vs pug” threads.
Yea, Classic forum is boring.
Do we have numbers of people playing Retail and Classic?

3 Likes

Considering there’s a server population problem still, I’d say Classic is quite popular now. Idk how things are in Retail tho.

1 Like

Well, many realms died, players migrate. It might be a good measurement for activity, but it could be the worst as well, there are some dead servers nobody talks about and it seems nobody cares :frowning:

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/deadly-boss-mods/files

3 day old retail version has 452k downloads
5 day old 1.13.4 version has 281k downloads

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/big-wigs/files
both 1.13 and 8.3 are from March 8

retail: 415k
classic: 92k

1 Like

we already have no thing to do in Retail lol

Seems like retail players sit on forums instead of playing the game

2 Likes

Just look at the number of guilds, on retail is full of guild with different time schedule like mine (21/21:30-24:00).

There are not even 10 on the whole classic servers. Or the 99.99% of classic players are jobless people or retail have more players imho

Forum activity is a poor metric when you compare a stable game with an evolving game.

I look warcraftlog’ total classic vs retail parses to get an idea about population. Check it, you will be surprised :slight_smile:

1 Like

that’s a poor metric as well, do you think people use logs for LFR or Normal? those people are the majority on retail.

well have you addded up all the difficulties. also if your looking class vs class, there is more classes in retail

Ya but it is still better metric than forum activity. But i dont personally care those solo lfr people in an mmorpg game, because they have a minimal impact on game’ world. And ofc retail got much more people -i mean disappearing silhouettes.

Looking your friend list may be another good metric.

it’s not a fair one still, i have 10 people afk in bnet and 1 on retaill, by this metric retail seems more populare

As i said, of course retail got more players with a very large margin. But i got more friends in 10 months classic than 4 years retail. And this is more important for me in an mmorpg game, personally.

Lets test it. Try to count -nonguildie- characters you know in retail and in classic. In fact retail’ millions of disappearing silhouettes dont effect and give any value to my gameplay.

in retail all the people i previnously raided with like mine brother. in classic 0 becouse i care only for the people in mine guilld

Since when was classic over retail? lol

The irony

2 Likes