Is demo lock fun/decent rn?

pve/pvp wise. do you guys think its fun to play?
and how is the damage output?

lmk! cheers

PvP imo it’s just not fun or worth playing.

The talents are boring and all the fun ones have been removed/undertuned. It just doesn’t have that signature spell/ability to make it stand out or for all eyes to be on you.

For example enhance shamans with asecendence/bloodlust it looks really cool.

Demon hunters with…meta/The hunt.

Arms warriors with avatar/warbreaker.

Stuff like that. Tyrant, 2 dogs and imps are not visually pleasing to look at.

If we had call fel lord back into play then I’d least have something to look forward to when it’s nearly off cooldown.

Also the ramp up also makes it boring when you’re easily shut down with a 1 trick pony rotation.

1 Like

Hard time having fun with a spec that’s not invited to groups because they don’t contribute with anything and have mechanics attached that make it seem like the spec was designed for a completely different game.
And Lord Ion saying he want us to not play demo doesn’t exactly bring any light.

It’s fun to play and it’s decent in M+. Burst can take a while to set up, but you can save a load of imps for the next pack, then you just have a couple of globals to set up a tyrant. The burst AOE and massive implosions you can do within that window is really satisfying. There are a couple of dungeons that it isn’t quite as good in, overall it’s a solid spec.

I recently leveled my demo lock from 50 to 60 and I’m having more fun than I’ve had as dps for a long time. We also have a demo lock in our M+ group and his damage output is great.

demon is fun but i think it needs some scaling, i only started doing “good” dmg when i got to ilvl210 +/-, up until then i was at tank dps…

In pve - its arguably the most fun imho, but as mentioned above it scales really hard, you wont feel strong until you have some gear behind you

Part of the reason for the gear impact is haste the other is because your stamina directly effects one of our strongest damage talents (demonic consumption) so larger hp = larger tyrant cool down

You won’t ever feel strong. You’re simming so little compared to most specs ppl play. I sim 1k less dps compared to a priest that is 1 ilvl bellow me(meaning even at my best I can’t compare to an average priest player). That’s not ever fun in PvE and it also means that people will be hesitant to invite you to stuff. I can’t speak about M+ cuz I can’t be bothered with the RIO score but in raids I have at least 5 kills on each of the bosses on HC and one kill on Mythic and nobody invites me to multikill groups on Sire, and frankly I’ve even been declined on a Huntsman earlier (wanted to do it just for fun).

Sadly however for me. I love the spec and I like the concept and I ain’t switching it for nothing.

SL demo is a huge step backwards from BFA and that’s saying a lot.

I don’t find it fun at all, it’s boring, clunky and feels so bad to play.

I dont think pvp demo will ever be good unless you go back to the roots like classic and buff CC which is not gonna happen cos its gonna frustate a lot of players probably, they should probably look at afliction pvp and destro balance those to be good, and make demo good for pve while making 2e best pvp spec 2e best pve.

I play both Affliction and Demonology in PvE. Both specs are fun IMO but Demonology is slightly “easier” and feels stronger against elite and rare mobs, although the Voidwalker can still do its job. Might be just a false impression due to better gear etc. but since 58, things have started to proc really nicely.

As a side note, I play affliction in dungeons, although it seems to have to miss a lot of things for AoE. I can still pull good damage but if I get into a group of melees with strong AoE and then mobs die fast, my damage suffers because it’s hard to ramp up DoTs and use spells to utilise the DoTs. I then change to Demonology.

Most sims dont account for hp gains with demo so saying “it sims poorly” isn’t really a great call to make, currently affliction is bis most fights but demo actually has value in some of the current raid, it even has a boss that was out performing affliction on last time I checked

As of current the best warlocks are generally the ones who are comfortable playing multispec, affliction being the current over performer but demo is 100% not dog tire and outside of some hardcore pushing groups that are going to only cherry pick top class/spec combos you are going to do fine in raid and m+

Pvp its really just down to meta and if demo scales into the expansion, everyone said demo would be trash in legion but then LockShamanDruid showed up at high rank using fellord/vortex/cap totem combo and having regular large nukes from two casters with sustain . Right now it’s bad (kill power isn’t there, damage is kinda there but messy, survival is good though) but we all said sub rogue was dead after Kyrian nerfs and I’m still seeing them so take that as you will.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.