Is destro lock good/fun in pvp right now?

do you guys recommend it?

2 shotting ppl is amusing, but good players can ez loss it.
So if u’re good and have a great overall understading like positioning, cd management etc - it is fun. If u’re wanna ezier way from the bottom it is affliction. Demo is hardest one of 3, but still some ppl play it.

1 Like

Destruction is good for duel, bg and 2s, but you should avoid 3s…with heavy melee meta you wont be able to cast bolts.

1 Like

Agree. I currently play random BGs for the most part, and it’s nice. Lots of good damage and utility when playing right. I’m having a lot of fun :slightly_smiling_face::blush:

Only if you have good gear.

Doesn’t this rule apply to every class/spec though?

No, not really. Ret pally for example.

1 Like

Fun? No.

Decent? Yes.

Good? No.

It is fun, if you get the full burst of.
Is it good? Yes with the right team, but again we should not only function with just one team

How is this possible?

My experience as warlock is that either everyone dies before I can even cast chaos bolt, or everyone runs out of range before I can finish casting, or some melee or pair of melees - or firemage and monk, for example, just easily and quickly kill me, even if I use gateways and portals (because their classes are fast, and they immediatley get me).

Rogues can easily stunkill a warlock, nothing warlock can do about it.

I don’t get how or why anyone would have fun with it. Maybe if you’re SUPER geared at level 60 and you are able to take tons and tons of melee damage and CC without dying or getting ulcers, AND are somehow able to get chaos bolts off before someone runs out of range or dies, it can be fun for a few seconds.

Other than that, I can’t understand… can you describe and example scenario where you’re not immediately murdered by shaman, monk or firemage or rogue, and where you can have actual fun, let alone ‘lot of’ it?

I am just very curious about it,but I am shelfing my warlock, no point in playing a punching bag in BGs.

After reading your reply, I instantly jumped into BGs as one of my warlock alts :slight_smile: She’s 47. Regular quest gear, no enchants, nothing extra.
I’ve recorded two videos of two different BGs:

1. youtube.com/watch?v=3WK6Jt_zNx4
  2. youtube.com/watch?v=8eW30e_xy-0
    I enjoyed both of them! Maybe that will explain a little why I like it :slight_smile:
    Also I wanted to add that I always play with a glider. Without it, I think I would die twice as often. It really helps, especially for warlock who has almost 0 mobility.

And these are the talents that I use - imgur. com/a/B16cWyG

Never happened to me pre 60. I haven’t played at 60 yet as warlock (I don’t have enough gear) so can’t speak for end game BGs.

With enough gear they have a hard time killing you… they just need ihr restealth. It is hard for a kick to survive against any melee. Right now only casters need to fear us. Except mages, everyone fears mages.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.