Is frost good/fun in pvp rn?

sup boys,

I want to make a frost mage but I;m curious do you guys think it’s fun/viable?
mostly for pvp

cheers!

Yo broski, i main frost in PvP and people are sleeping on this spec so much, in arena it’s alot of fun, currently playing frozen chicken alot (frost mage, boomkin), alot more fun than fire for me, it is worth checking out 100%

you can meme a lot with it.

Yeah, the fun thing is that frost is very flexible, you can run any covenant and make any talent build work (as long as you have shimmer or glacial, RoF)

IMO Ice Floes is much more flexible choice than both shimmer and glacial. It still provides a solid mobility, meaning you can chase people with it and land casts around corners (though with less reliability than shimmer), you can kite away from melees while casting (just slow with cone of cold and start running while casting poly). And you still keep normal blink meaning you can break stuns and roots which is a MASSIVE survivability bonus in this zugzug meta.

It takes some time to get used to but now I just can’t imagine switching back to shimmer.
(Granted, I only play BGs/RBGs, and don’t need to land poly on a healer behind a column that often)

On topic:
Yes, frost is massively fun to play. Especially with kyrian/glacial spike, when you can quite reliably land 50k shatters on 30% vers people.

Decent with right comp in arena (in 3s, it’s generally you, another caster they train and a healer, and the caster should be able to delete enemy team if they train you instead of them).

Low key sleeper OP in BGs. Especially with Kyrian. You’ll do like 70-80% of a boomies damage in a BG, but your damage is mostly single target.

Frost mage throwing their frostbolts onto the target called target = it’s going to die

i run it on a few RBG maps (mines, temple, sometimes CTF maps) but mostly for its utility

Frost mage is always gonna be fun in PvP just by virtue of having you be every melee class’ new terrible terrible god.

As for good? Yeah I think so. Looking back at player kills and death I probably have a pretty close to 50/50 success rate on fights. Depending a bit on my build.

For me personally, not really, but then again it depends on the individual! Good luck!

Frost is very good, but you got figure out how to play it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.