Is it allowed to advertise boosting services on the realm forums?

The rules, as far as I know, are that advertising in group finder is prohibited, and advertising anywhere on behalf of others (such as boosting communities) is not allowed. But if I advertise on the realm forum, similar to how I would in trade chat, on my own behalf, is that still allowed?

The service is help with arena rating in 2v2.

It’s not allowed, though Blizzard will take several days to remove your post.

You have a quote/reference to the part of the ToS where this is stated?

Have you read the “forum code of conduct”?

1 Like

I have now, and Im not sure 100% sure how to interpret it, but my impression is that advertising e.g. arena carry on the realm forum does not break the rules.

Advertising

This category includes advertisement of:

• Any non-beneficial, non-Blizzard related businesses, organizations, or websites

Sounds to me like you’re prohibited from advertising stuff outside of the game. But Im no native english speaker, so please enlighten me (if “non-beneficial” refers to such ingame services). :thinking:

it’s better for you to wait for an answer from customer support or you can contact them via webticket.

1 Like

Plot-twist, he didn’t wait and instead proceeded to openly advertise gold-selling & trading services as well as arena boostings.

On Argent Dawn as well of all places.

Its not gold selling lol

Didn’t the section on advertising in the code of conduct make you think twice?

I agree, it’s not. However…
A vast majority of the public are not a fan of boosting services, I would say Argent Dawn in particular, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I will however add my own words of caution here. Trading gold across realms is NOT a supported trade. Supported trades are only those that are completed in ONE trade via the in game trade function. Trading from one realm player to another unconnected realm player means placing YOUR trust that once the first trade takes place, so will the second trade and you both get what you want. Should that trade not go as planned and one party does not fulfill their agreement, Customer Support will not resolve it. In short… this is entirely at your own risk.

Also you can tell that the boosting post is buried and hidden that people do not like it.

I didnt come here to ask if people would like it. I wanted to know if it was against the rules.

I knew many people wouldnt like it, hence apologizing in the beginning. I even added rp flavour to some parts of the text for good measure. I also knew some people would like it.

I guess if people don’t like it then I doubt Blizzard will either.

There’s quite a big difference between not liking something and labeling it against the rules and banning you for it. I dont like it either, but for some reason we need to spend 200k gold per character per season to stay up to date. If we didnt, I would never make these threads.

Blizzard don’t need a reason to lock or delete a post or even to ban you.

I know. Id be surprised if they choose to ban for something that isnt even implicit in the code of conduct, but its obviously their right if they feel like.