Is it my macro or is something wrong with wild growth?

No.

If I cast heal when I have an enemy targeted on my priest, it will cast it on me and will continue casting if the target dies, it won’t cancel the cast.

Yes, on my second read it seems so. That’s what I get for being lazy and don’t quote what I answer to. xD

2 Likes

Because at that time, you’re targetting yourself, not the enemy targetted. Despite you having it as a target, doesn’t mean it’s the target of spell.

And as Shumensko explained, Wild Growth apparently can target enemies. In that case the enemy IS target of the spell.

If you wish to never use it on enemy, despite Shumensko explaining why it might be good in some scenarios, then this macro should be enough.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,nodead,exists][help, nodead, exists][@player] Wild Growth

“Heals up to 5 injured allies within 30 yards of the target”…

Doesn’t specify friendly. Since it’s a heal in an area around the target, it makes sense that it’s castable on enemies.

1 Like

Bruh.

What.

Holy light doesn’t get cancelled when the target dies.

It gets cancelled when Holy Light’s target dies.

There is a spell and a target of that spell.
If target of that spell mid-cast stops being valid (for any reason), the casts says it’s failed.

If you don’t target anybody or you target an enemy, with spell that can be only cast on friendly target, then it targets you as default (if it can).

There’s a difference between your target and your spell’s target.
Usually they result in the same thing, but sometimes they don’t. Most healing spells have different target than your target if your target is an enemy (aka you don’t heal the enemy, you heal yourself).

1 Like

Three issues with that clip:

1. We don’t know what your Holy Light macro looks like, if you have one.
  2. You can’t cast Holy Light on an enemy in the first place, so even if you have an enemy targeted, the enemy is not the target of the spell. In that case, it will either go on your friendly mouseover target, or default to targetting you.*
  3. Even if you could cast it on an enemy, you were not in line of sight of your target in that clip.

*assuming you have auto self cast, meaning helpful spells will default to you if you don’t have a friendly targeted.

2 Likes

This thread is all kinds of awesome.

Can’t wait for chapter 2 ‘why can’t I chaos bolt a dead boss in a raid?’

Use help rather than exists if you don’t want to mouseover cast on enemies.

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] [] Wild Growth

If you only want it to ever target allies

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] [help,nodead] [@player] Wild Growth
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.