Is it only me who thinks Winter Grasp must be removed from battle ground list

Winter Grasp is extremely long. As soon as I join, i left this bg and get deserter buff. Still no idea why this bg is exist. Such boring, painfull and long. Who think same way, please comment here then Blizz can consider to remove this bg forever.

1 Like

actually it is not very long anymore as usually one side absolutely stomps the other side.

Nevertheless this bg is just beyond terrible and should be put into a third bg category together with trashran.

Then we got
Random BGs
Random Epic BGs
Random not so Epic BGs (WG + Trashran + preferable seething garbage)
and while we are at it, we can also add back strand to the not so epic bgs and of course in the future tol barad.

the only bg i enjoy are

NORMAL:

• WSG
  • Twin Peaks
  • Arathi Basin
  • Battle for Gilneas
    EPIC:
  • Alterac Valley

all the others, are mostly annoying.

and its incredbile that we still have a “random bg reward system” 99,9% doesn’t even want to see seething shore loading map.

1 Like

well we have that reward because otherwise people would only queue WSG and Arathi, because all other bgs are basically trash and unbalanced.
MAYBE people would also join Eye of the storm but nobody in their right mind would choose any of the newer bgs. Mostly because they have some sort of autoloss after the first min or because the old version is just plain better than the new (WSG>>>TP)

Basically the devs are forcing the queues to play trash :expressionless:
Technically most people don’t really need the honor anyways and so could queue for any bgs they want, but the queue seem not to work very well

delete seething shore
delete wintergrasp and replace it with it’s little brother strand of the ancients.

only problem with isle of conquest despite being super boring is that you can tell who will win by who takes the docks at the start. After that it’s just damage control until you ultimately lose.

AV is by far the best epic bg, they just need to tweek the map a little to make it fair for horde, not sure how this hasn’t ever been adressed but the dev’s step in to move the starter cave for horde as soon as the premades started using the bottleneck. Can’t have that now can we?

WSG/AB are golden, pure greatness. EoTs is ok.

Also, did I dream this or did Arathi Basin have rain effects in it sometimes?

I would never play Wintergrasp voluntarily. It would take quite a lot to make me play it, and even then I’d rather let someone just end my misery than even touch that awful ‘epic BG’ with no point to it.

Can’t it at least be summer in it? Winter is so depressing.

But it’s not the ONLY problematic BG; there are other really, really awful ones. In fact, all so-called ‘Epic’ (should be called ‘timewasting’ instead) BGs are terrible, except for ‘Isle of Conquest’ (which I haven’t played for a long time, so it might be bad nowadays).

The other really bad BGs that honestly make me miss SotA so much (at least I have good memories of playing SotA, I don’t have good memories playing the modern Deepwind, for example, or seething shore, which isn’t even a real BG, it’s more like PvE stuff with slight PvP element, and what’s with the annoying ‘falling’ style of entering it? Uncontrollable slow fall after you try to get to a place is just so unnecessary annoyance).

The other problematic BGs are:

• Seething Shore (even the initials have awful historical connotations)
  • Modern Deepwind George (a great, tactical BG turned into a poor man’s AB for some reason, with vast distances so you always get stalked or ganked and there’s no one around to help you - it lacks everything that makes AB good, and it amplifies and multiplies every AB’s bad point, like long distances)
  • Wintergrasp (of course)
  • Silvershard (nowhere to escape if someone wants to stalk you)
  • Kotmogu (nowhere to escape if someone wants to stalk or gank you, can’t commit suicide, like you can in Twin Peaks and Eye of the Storm)
  • Gilneas (all-around depressing, although could have a nice tactical bent, but in the end either is ruined by our people stupidly rushing to mines every time and dying there, or having to rush between WW and LH constantly back and forth, which is just boring whack-a-mole situation)

I’m tellin’ ya, Strand of the Ancients is looking PRETTY good right now… if only we could play it again, I wouldn’t complain about it. I honestly, seriously miss it, and would SO much rather play that than ANY of the BGs above (except Eye, which is a good one).

But there’s more! Blizzard is a plethora of problematic BGs, so even the good BGs have their problems - although they’re more generic “BG problems” than specific BG’s problems. For example, allowing premades vs. casuals, allowing horde to be SUPER OP while ally gets stomped and graveyard camped… allowing rogues to be OP, allowing graveyard camping, allowing situations where 1 player can’t be damaged, but it can one or two-shot you… need I go on?

I understand the point about ‘gear mattering’, but the discrepancy between ‘haves’ and ‘have nots’ is SO vast, grand canyon is like a kid’s sandbox by comparison. It’s like Blizz either didn’t think, or actually deliberately WANTS newbies to not like PvP or want to play the PvP side at all.

It almost seems to be an agenda of how to make people stop wanting to play PvP and to go to the boring and mundane, predictable PvE side, where every monster is just some smart-alecky programmer’s algorhithm and not a real, live opponent (which is more interesting by default, but also for myriad of reasons, one of which is that they’re unpredictable and can get scared)…

It’s like playing chess against a computer versus playing chess against your friend. If you’re equally matched (a big IF when it comes to this game though), it’s always more interesting to play against your friend, and it’s a more lively situation. Your friend may evolve and surprise you, computer will always play at its level. (Also, computer can be basically ‘perfect player’ so it’s pointless)

Well, this post became another rant and rambled off a bit, but there is some good and valid points in there somewhere.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.