Is it still possible that 8.1.5 releases on 26/27th of February?

So a lot of people speculated that patch 8.1.5 will be released on 26/27th of February for 3 reasons:

• It’s exactly 77 days after the release of patch 8.1 -> Blizzard used this timeframe during Legion when patches released 77 days after one another.

• Blizzard said that the new allied races will be avalaible after the Battle of Dazar’alor raid. And on 26/27th of February last wing of LFR will be opened. During Legion when the last wing of ToS has been opened, every single player could see Argus in the sky and I believe new quests were avalaible (?)

• On 8.1.5 PTR it was datamined that during Magni quest, one of the NPCs says something along the lines that something will activate after “77 cycles” which probably means that patch 8.2 will release 77 days after 8.1.5 which could be accurate.

So do you believe it’s possible that patch 8.1.5 will launch on 26/27th of February?

I’ll believe it when I see it. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Sure, if you see a pre-download in monday/tuesdady, prepare for some Zandalari awesomeness.

I think patch 8.1.5 will be officially announced way before it launches. Blizzard is not known from “surprises” like this, sadly. I can’t wait for more features…

I don’t think Blizzard has ever made a trailer for minor patches that end with x.x.5.

Of course they will probably make a survival guide and an article on the website but I don’t think we will see a huge announcement.

I agree with those who say that it will be announced and promoted before release. Releasing it spontaneously would miss out on the promotional benefits and the extra hype/anticipation.

Where did this belief come from? I haven’t heard of anyone thinking it would come any earlier than March. Considering Season 2 started in January, Feb would be far, far too soon for a new patch.

???

8.1.5 would not even be season 3

8.2 Would not be season 2 as well !

Well, they did release the KT/zandalari trailer

No, but it does contain a new raid, which has only just started testing, and two new allied races, both of which are still pretty damn buggy and needing serious fine tuning.
It was never going to come this soon.

February 29th confirmed.

3 Likes

Jesus christ i almost said “Source”

You nuts ? No patch until they fix that Zandalari SH!T racial.

The Racial is fine.

Is this an out-of-season April fools joke ?

1 Like

But they already stated in an interview that the new raid will come a few weeks after the 8.1.5 release.

They said it could come separate to the rest of the patch, but that they weren’t sure.

PTR still isn’t marked as a release candidate. So it’s unlikely it will come out next Wednesday. I think it will come out a week after.

As for raid. Ion keeps saying it all the time. Raid realses deosn’t have be tied to the patch release.

The last possible release date is before the Trial of Style. This patch brings new rewards for it. So 20th of March would be the absolute deadline.

2 Likes

Well on PTR in the in-game calendar it says WoD timewalking starts on 27th so maybe it’s another hint that they want to release 8.1.5 in the next week? Otherwise they would advertise WoD timewalking as part of this patch but to actually play it, we would have to wait a few months.

Also this patch adds some Darkmoon Faire changes so not releasing it next week would also mean that we would have to wait 1 more month to see them in-game.

To be honest I’m really not sure when this patch will come out. The lack of communication from Blizzard is really bad.