Is it too late to start?

lots better starting now as starting zones have plenty people in them but not over crowded like it was at launch

As someone who rolled a new char a few days ago it seems more crowded in the zones than at launch, assuming this could be due to less layers and Iā€™m not complaining.

Nope but I recommend to avoid gehennas, shazzrah, firemaw and golemagg. Or other full servers.

PvE and rp got tons of low levels and slower pace.

Questing is actually a lot more pleasant when you can be efficient and not wait spawns.
All who support layerhopping should be shot.

I for once havenā€™t had chance to play more than couple hours in last week and likely no more in upcoming week(s) :frowning: being older sucks. It is weird world that spending time on social media/forums etc. is fine on slower moments but gaming is big no no.

But I donā€™t let it bother, however layerabusers bit tick off because economy is in ruins.

^^ This :slightly_smiling_face:

late for what? do you think that someone is hosting a big party for the people that hit 60 in one week and you missed it?

its never late, every level has tones of people to play with.

2 Likes

I seem to be missing the point of why in the hell that matters.

Can people not just play games because they enjoy them anymore? Why the hell has everything gotta be about what others have achieved and some stupid social status symbol?

3 Likes

50/50 i promise dont trust the nerds

Never too late to start, I am only level 11 in the next zone from the start point, and there are plenty of ppl here levelling away, or running away happily(those damn murlocs) lol

I counted online population on my realm yesterday. It was 6500 players and 500 of them were 60 level players. So I would estimate around 10% of active players reached level 60. Majority of players were distributed between 30 and 40 levels. I have no idea how many 60 level players cleared raids, though.

Depends on what you are going to play, raid wise no but leveling wise depends on the class.

AOE mage in world and not dungeon then forget about it, specially if you are alliance

I took a week off first week and played about 12 hours a day for 4-5 days straight. Iā€™m now level 43 because now Iā€™m back at work etc. For the first week I said to my gf Iā€™d be playing with the guys for a few days so Iā€™d see her at the weekend as well. For the people that have hit 60 and cleared MC, they must have played an absolute TON.

This isnā€™t retail, itā€™s not about clearing fastest and then two weeks later, nothing is relevant anymore. Everything is relevant.

1 Like

I am levelling so slowly that you will certainly over level me if you start now :stuck_out_tongue:

Some people say ā€œitā€™s too late, not fresh, I fell behindā€ as soon as someone dings level 2. Depends on perception.

1 Like

Never too late mate. I only played 1st week and hit lvl 20 on my ally warrior. Went on a 3 week vacation to thailand (10 days to go now before coming home) and following the forums here. Decided for myself that I will reroll on a new realm where my friends are. So starting from scrap in 10 days :slight_smile:

The game has been out for a couple of weeks. Of course itā€™s not too late lol.

What are you talking about OP? The game isnā€™t even 1 month old, the honor system and BGs arenā€™t even in yet, neither is 90% of the PvE content.
Relax.

1 Like

In the best possible way this is an absolutely moronic way to look at wow classic in general because quite frankly the only people who are 60 right now are those who put the time in and I have done some MC bosses already but it means nothing because MC and Onyxia are going to be the only two raids available until phase 3 .

The people who cleared raids early on are notorious as raiders and some are the best at vanilla raiding anyway so again its pointless to compare yourself to top players because you arenā€™t one and unless you suddenly put a month straight in and min/max from the get go your not going to be.

Play wherever you want because there are no dead servers only servers with lower population but ultimately its down to you whether or not you wanna compare yourself to others or go and play with the hundreds of thousands of players who are like you who started weeks after launch.

Youā€™re absolutely not too late. The game is full of people who canā€™t dedicate their entire day to playing.

There are 3 weeks passed since release and many people can play 6-8 hours every day, so it does not look very impressive if someone really wants to powerlevel.