Is it worth starting on Alliance?(Silvermoon ofc)

I’ve gotten my first character to level 60 on Horde, Kazzak but I’m yet to complete the campaign. I know that everyone says Alliance is dying and Horde is just better for competitive… But for now as a new player, I’m definitely a casual player for the time being.

I haven’t really come across any warm people per say on Horde, in dungeons (not even heroic etc) whilst leveling people were quite toxic. Haven’t made any buddies and am just thinking of re-rolling onto Alliance. The races are just nicer, not big green ugly orcs or cows. The capitals are also much nicer rather than huts and spikes everywhere.

I guess in a way I already have my answer but I do just ask of you all if it’s even worth me playing Alliance? I did level a character up to 25 right at the start and came across a couple nice peeps which makes me thinks it may be a bit more noob welcoming/nicer community?

Do it. If you’re wondering, there is only one way to find out.

Don’t get too invested in the idea that the factions are very different, though. Most people who have played a lot have characters on both sides, so you might be meeting some of the same people you see on Horde on the Alliance side, too!

But yeah, my impression - and I have only one person’s experience - is that the people playing Horde tend to be tryharding more, which leads to less tolerance and patience in any given situation. But remember we’re talking about groups of people, not individuals, so there is quite a bit of spread either way.

It’s not just the races that are nicer. I swear the worst thing about playing Horde is Orgrimmar. Even though I’m used to playing Horde now, I always expect a guard to detain me and demand to see my papers. :frowning:

2 Likes

There’s no one answer to this unfortunately…

Both factions have players who are tryhards and toxic, you’ll always meet people who are impatient and don’t feel like helping out newer players, regardless of what server/faction you play.

My best advice to you would be to find an active guild, somewhere that welcomes new players, that is, in my opinion, the best way to find some people to play with and help you learn.

1 Like

Alliance is fine. It’s less popular then horde but I’ve never had a issue.

the only time your faction matters is if you do +20 keys or mythic raid. Anything lower than that it does not matter

Haaai! /moo #worgenmasterrace

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.