Is Kael'thas' new shirtless model fanservice?

I’ll be honest, I’ve been thirsting for Kael’Thas since I was a teenager in BC but his new shirtless and chained model in Shadowlands seems very on the nose.

spoilers
Plus the fact you literally lead him around on a chain seems more than a little fetish-y to me. Buuut, I could be imagining things with my thirst addled brain. I’m not complaining though! :smirk:

It’s just his penance, really. Note how the Accuser acts less like a tormentor and more like a frustrated mother towards him.

Not really, a lot of male characters in Warcraft do not wear many clothes.

Literally the main villain of this expansion only wears pants. Archimonde and Kil’jaeden walked around in underwears. Garrosh and Grommash had their entire upper body exposed, etc. etc. etc.

At least the ladies cover themselves well, it’s good to know that someone still has some dignity left. Well, the ladies except for Sylvanas, Valeera, and Alexstrasza. These people are foolish.

well technicaly the Accuser could be his mother also. seems some do not keep their former names when they die and end up in shadowlands

I think we would have read something about it if Kael had a sister and his mother killed her.
And we know the Accuser’s former Name: Harriett the Crimson Shade.

And funnily enough, the Venthyr seem to have no qualms about their former lives and the biases from affecting their work. I vote for the kyrian treatment for venthyr! Imagine a former Zul’jin torturing Kael’thas for his own good, or the other way around…

But on topic… I don’t think fanservice is a bad thing, at least they’d be thinking of the fans. The more interesting question to me would
be if it’s working. I’m not the target audience, but I’m not annoyed or repelled, so I don’t see why it wouldn’t be a net plus if some people actually enjoy it.

1 Like

They maybe wanted to double on the anime style for his character.

Btw, he gets in the end an exclusive model that includes a fully robed appearance that mimics the one he had in BC and Wc3.

1 Like

Judging by the fanart I’d say it definitely is! I’m also not saying it’s a bad thing, I’m personally all for it!

Kil’jaeden and Archimonde walking around in underwear, :joy: true

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.