Is ranking super deflated?

It’s easier to be in the best 5% of a worse playerbase. For example: it’s easier to be in the best 1% of wow than it is to be in the best 10% of valorant.
If less people play, the skill of the playerbase changes, so % doesn’t mean anything comparatively

who cares about the gear upgrades? if you’re facing people with the same ilvl as you it doesn’t matter, if it’s for pve, the m+/raids are more lucrative. do people really care about the gear itself?

tell me you don’t understand what a percentage is without telling me you don’t know what a percentage is

Is the most beautiful 5% of the most beautiful people as beautiful as the most beautiful 5% of the most ugly?
I’m very educated in mathematics, so you prolly should find something else to criticize, if you wanna be a contrarian before feeling smart over things, that you have no clue about.
It’s harder to be in the best 5% of valorant players than it is to be in the best 5% of wow players

Based on what?

Gotta love alchemzika whkning tho. How skilled are u if u havent been able to hit 2400 yet after 3 ssns?

Such joke and u go defame others.
Eh, one of reasons i cant wait for wrath, its 100x better then sl.

I have the complete opposite experience to you. Playing games with a huge playerbase i usually have a lot easier time to perform then playing in a small playerbase. Usually because the people that stick around in the small game are good at the game. I remember playing h1z1 battles royale when it came out and it was so easy for me then a few years back my brother wanted me to download it and play a match and everyone outskilled me completely because the casuals had all quit and the guys that stick around were the people that have practiced since release. In league i can easily get high dia without much effort but in wow i need to put in a lot more time to get even close to the same % of the playerbase.

2 Likes

how can you be educated in mathematics and lack so much common sense

like how can you translate a skill to another? those are two different games I know some people who are really good at Valorant and reached radiant in a couple of months and that are forever 1600 in wow pvp :joy:

it’s like saying it’s so much harder to be a good drummer than to be a good pianist (or vice-versa). in reality there’s a lot of factors involved that makes this kind of statement untrue

you can just say that you’re bad at wow pvp instead of practicing some mental gymnastics

If you think, that a radiant in valorant will be forever 1600 in wow, then you are delusional and coping

idk aren’t you “good” at Valorant and bad at wow? :joy:

based on nothing, dude is inhaling copium because mad to be bad at a game he considers “easy”

Don’t need to be good at mathematics to call your statement BS.
Too many factors are involved to pull conclusion like yours.

You are typing on a classic wow char. Nobody takes you seriously

I do take him seriously

2 Likes

This really doesn’t show. If you were then you’d know the settings of your “experiment” matter more than almost everything else, and here you compare being the best to being the best. Not the beautiful and the ugly. If there are way less players in wow than another game but still insanely good players, it will be hard to be in the top 1% because there aren’t many open spots. If another game has a lot more players and possibly a bigger player gap then yes maybe the top 1% is more skilled compared to the average, but there are also more open spots for you to sneak in.

That’s what a percentage is. Plus you forget a lot of other factors that make the comparison you made simply unviable. Educated in mathematics btw. Can’t even make a comparison on non shaky ground.

And btw when there are a lot of players usually being top is actually easier because the mass of terrible people is super, super huge, since they are drawn to the game by its fame. In WoW most players know the game a little. They aren’t here just because it’s the top sale of the month. It is harder to thrive in that sort of environnement.

That sort of response to his last message kind of proves him correct.

2 Likes

Says the person with 20% winrate and a hidden profile.

1 Like

1% = 1/100
If you think a % is anything else, you need to go to school :smile:
And if you think, that being in the best 5% of valorant players is as easy as being in the best 5% of wow players, you are coping, or haven’t played any game besides wow in your life

How can you talk about what it takes to be top 5% of WoW when you’re exceptionally bad at WoW ? You have no experience whatsoever to substantiate your claims. Just think about it for a minute, it is actually exceptional to be as bad as you are. You are in no position to make any sort of claim as to how difficult this game is or isn’t.

7 Likes

I listed several clues pointing to the fact you are boosted. like, all alts below 2k xp, exact 2400 as max cr on check pvp. I wouldn’t be surprised if you went for blazing boost’s pilot or something. But go on = play now and prove how elite you are.

I tried to play as arcane which cost me a lot of lost games. Currently mage is really bad in 2s, except for fire/sub RM - you will never see mages playing anythhing else except very rare frost+lock. Mage is just bad in 2s so it’s extra harder when ranking is so deflated and you just face 2,4+ people on 1,4 1,5 mmr. for comparison im 1650 with below 100 games on pala rn which is way easier to play.

and you are still acting like boosting just doesn’t exist when you are a literally a stereotypically boosted account, given all clues listed above.

I know exactly what I need to do to get good at wow pvp, and it’s not worth it.

I choose to play wow pvp as a casual, but it’s not fun to play casually