Is sending a banana reportable?

hi is it a bannable offense for sending a banana in a mail to someone every day ??
im doing it because i was in a guild “flying circus” on gehhennas – was just a social with a rl friend raiding with the guild before i started playing on gehennas i was plying on a fresh realm had a lock and decided to change servers thts when i joined as a social as i geared up i was invited to some hcs with guildies and they saw me pumping and i got invited to raid with them when i spoke to the officers the loot system that i was told they were using is a dft loot system and they also agreed to me that i wont have a trial period on loot etc since phase was coming to an end and i joined raided twice with them and i was basically 1st in trash and 1st in all bossfights in general for both raids when my 1st item in my dft list dropped i wasnt even allowed to roll on it then “nordec” came to speak to me and said that they had a misunderstanding they didnt mean to say were not giving u a trial period etc and they apologized i offered to stay another week without my dft list being on par with everyone but they wanted 2 or 3 more weeks and i was like u promised nothing i offered 3 weeks and ur asking for more ? and i left and ive been sending the guy a banana in mail every day just because of the way he treated me and the way he spoke to me … now hes threatening to get me banned by making the guild report me and gett allot of reports… is sending a banana to someone a reportable offense? i mean they basically stole 2 lockouts from me

By ban that probably means a suspension.

You would probably get banned now for simply talking to someone when they said they didn’t want to hear from you, even though you can ignore/block anyone you don’t want to see or hear. It’s the reason hardly anyone talks in General or in chats now, the fear of breaking some dumb social contract or whatever it is.

Anyway, I’d say no you wouldn’t, but Blizzard are insane so god knows.

i mean thats the arguement i would use if he doesnt like it ha can just ignore me and the fact of the matter is they started all this sht 1st by coming to me to ask to raid with them then lying about the trial period and asking for more then a 3 week trial period after a 0 trial period was agreed before i joined… lol but im just gnna send it on a diff account and get my friends to send it to him to piss him off even more

Probably not best to mention this stuff on their own forums though lol.

Not sure who Nordec is, but if it’s a player you’re not allowed to name and shame on the forums. I’d also say circumventing the “super offensive” language filter isn’t allowed either, but I don’t think there’s any moderation of these forums the past few weeks, especially now since I think retail expansion is releasing soon.

lol i didnt know that xd yeah hes a player hes the guy im sending the bananas too lol also the guy that threatened to get me banned or suspended to my friend imo if he doesnt like bananas he can just ignore me and wont receive them in mail but if i can get banned for sending an in game item in the in game mail it would be sad

You could possibly be banned as it could technically come under “harassment” - especially if you’re doing it daily.
But if they’re getting entire guild to report you.
You’d get banned with or without any reason as it’s automated after a certain amount lol.

1 Like

You’ve now incited me and many others to banana this man’s inbox

2 Likes

It depend on how big the banana u send :slight_smile:
Are u a child that do such move?! Be a man and take your right or dont go with them any more thats the solution not sending some bananas!!! Every day!!! :joy:

It isn’t sending the Banana that is reportable - its the fact that you are harassing another player in the game.

Just stop harassing him and you solve your own problem

1 Like

What if he likes bananas?

Dunno about bananas man, but I’ll gladly mail you a ‘beginners guide to sentence structure’ book.

OK, on topic: it doesn’t matter if it’s ban-able on Blizzards terms or not - if he gets enough people to report you (maybe 30-50ish) simultaneously, your account will be suspended on the spot. It’s an automated system imported over from retail, because they think if a massive amount of people reports you in a narrow time frame then there must be truth to it.

So, I’d be careful with trying to p.ss him off, he might have the better laugh.

Apart from that, I think if he has put you on ignore the mail will be destroyed without reaching him.

3 Likes

Naming and shaming rules tend to protect the deliquents rather than the victims.

There’s only one side of the story here though

1 Like

Ninjas (or even just ppl with different mindset) are everywhere. OP was one raid with them and decided to start harassing them on the daily basis.

@OP, Maybe next time put your trust somehwere else. If you have irl friend in guild, maybe try talking to him too about the state of guild. And mainly stop harassing people because you think they deserve it.

Reported for naming & shaming and spreading hatred.

It is rather easy to be toxic, don’t fall on that side pls.

First of all - use some commas…

2nd of all - this is harassment and that will get you banned.

2 Likes

Well I have been reported while roleplaying because I will occassionally send a message through trade, lfg, general chat as part of my rp so I am guessing it could be possible.

I RP that I am the last BM hunter and I say that people can donate gold, mats, consums, etc to me as conservation efforts to maintain BM spec alive. I do not spam it; meanwhile people spam deathroll, gold betting, gold buying, gold transfer etc with impunity. Save BM hunters.

Begging in most cities is against the law. So if you roleplay it, you have to reckon with the consequences.

But I am not begging. I am asking for donations without spamming and playing into my backstory.

The last BM huntard in EU. Help preserve true BM bloodlines. Donate now. BMH conservation society.

I will never understand why that gets reported immediately but the gold sellers, traders, deathrollers, etc. are allowed to be part of the ecosystem.

Sometimes stop and listen to yourself.
Also the ‘why catching thieves when there are murderers’ mindset is so wrong. Gold sellers are not really allowed, you know?

Someone i used to work with almost got fired for giving a co-worker a banana. We called it “Banana-Gate”