Is shadowlands actually better than bfa?

i ALWAYS had something to do in bfa. never felt “i did everything”. never got bored of the expansion.
people complained about having too many dailies/weeklies. they complained because they had to choose which one to do.

2 Likes

Difference between SL and BFA is this
SL - LOG in on my main do weekly 4 dungeons calling weekly Quests + torghast
TP to my covenant sanctum log off
WATCH netflix

BFA - i was playin everyday spaming m+ raids and islands for cosmetic
i was doing arathi rares darkshore rares mechagone nazjatar valley rares
uldum rares.
i was having alts with same ilvl as my MAIN
doing raids and m+ spam with them and guild mates all the time
i was actually enjoyin WQ where you need to do kill one elite
i had 10 character with all exa reputation and i was doing paragon boxes for f
free gold income

Now the only diff between BFA and SL is you know what? that In BFA i log off because i was going to sleep
now i log off becuase im bored and i don’t know what to do :smiley:

4 Likes

To each to its own. BFA bored me whereas SL does not. I mean, farming systems on alt was enough for me to alt f4.

In BFA the M+ was at least not as broken as it is in shadowlands.
Now it is hard to get an invite for random keys.

3 Likes

Cant recall that you had to do anything in bfa in 8.0.5 other than your daily calling and maybe your weekly islands that gave you ap
Let’s not compare 8.3 to 9.0.5 because that’s like comparing apples to oranges

With BFA the story was dry but you had more to do in terms of island expeditions, assaults/incursions, & warfronts. The later zones of mechagon and natzjatar offered much more, along with the revamped Nzoth assults in Pandara and Uldum.

Right now SL offered things that most of the playerbase wanted: return of pvp vendors and 0 titanforging/warforging. Other than this, SL is just a carbon copy of much of BFA & Legion.

It would not surprise me in upcoming patches if we get some type of warfront or a type of incursion/assault instanced content.

I hope so becuase i love dungeons but i don’t want to do only dungeons in wow
i want some optional content like you said Islands expedtions/assault etc so you can turn off your brain and just go and do that for fun or just relax
Because since SL released i’m only doing dungeons on 2 of my chars :smiley:

This. It’s disappointing the squish has effectively made us weaker then a standard lvl 60 back in the day and this has a knock on effect of not being able to clear fairly old raid content now and a reasonable part of the playerbase does enjoy going back to old content rather then doing current content.

My issue I have with SL is the way it was given to us half baked and not properly tuned. For months now we have had hotfixes fixing Dungeons and Raid and yes this has helped alot to clear content but this should have been done before it went out the door. Now yes there is a pandemic and I understand this so I would have been happy for SL to be left in the oven a few more months and then release it with Activision’s best foot forward, right now there is so much wrong and buggy with SL and this has left a sour taste in some people’s mouths.

Not going into mega detail about the issues but class balancing has been non-existant so far. FOTM classes are quickly becoming FOTE classes

Decisions made to tie in Progression content with gear power (220 gear locked behind KSM) is a huge step back and alienates the average player from gearing.

1 Like

Not really currently SL feels completely abandoned even WoD felt more alive and blizzard abandoned that so quickly.

I must admit that i had way more fun in BfA. SL just has so much useless crap in it and what makes everything worse is how cumbersome everything is made to do like no flight whistle zone design that makes travelling extra slow and unrewarding chores.

1 Like

SL is garbage even WoD at start was better. Maybe they will save the game in 9.1

2 Likes

Don’t hold your breath. I don’t expect much more from this expansion. It’s another WoD situation. They’re most likely working on some new BS systems for the next expansion. More Grindy time wasting BS that people don’t really enjoy and are just there to artificially extend play time, but will please investors. Blizzard don’t give a s**t about our enjoyment anymore. Just pawns to be used for their business goals.

2 Likes

For me, BfA gameplay was spamming chores that I didn’t like doing, with no time left to do stuff I actually enjoy.

1 Like

who said so? dont say things you dont know as if they are facts.
i never wanted valors, definitely not to replace endgame (which it is right now). originally, valors was NOT endgame content. and for a reason.
there are plenty of players who either wanted or just didnt care about WF/TF. i dont care what other wear and where they got them. TF was great for “yourself”, removing it just hurt “yourself”. and it did not affect “others” in any way whatsoever.

2 Likes

Can’t say it is worse, but even if it better. It is still like comparing Turd and Poop. WoW just aint WoW and with release of Classic it was even more clear how downhill the game has gone.

Played WoW for 15 years, every expansion up to now I’ve played near enough every day for the first 18 months, then usually play another game for the last 5 months up to a month before end rdy for next expansion.

Shadowlands we are 3 months in and I’m already playing another game, pretty much says it all for me, I do log every reset day on 4 toons, do, world boss, epic calling, Maw souls and maybe a Torghast run then that’s it until next week’s reset.

Game as never felt so barren, unrewarding and just down right boring as it does in Shadowlands, absolutely nothing is worth doing as next big patch will overwrite everything you do now or have huge “catch ups” for anything you missed.

Shadowlands worst expansion ever and It wont get any better unless they first completely scrap all the stupid convoluted, badly designed systems they added

2 Likes

No. It is worse than BFA. In BFA, you could do Keystone Master once and not have to suffer the boring weekly chores for the whole expansion. In WOD, you could do Challenge mode once and get your rewards. Now it’s a season pass game, do the same boring raider io grind of the same dungeons, multiple times per expansion, for a recolor of the same mount.

You may be joking, but the fact that BFA gave us Vulpera honestly redeemed the expansion for me. The Vulpera are probably my all time favorite addition to the game, that’s how awesome they are.

Seriously? That’s your standard? A single race added is better than major combat improvements or loot or gameplay mechanics?

Now i get it’s subjective, but i would call those pretty low standards.

Nope, actually i was joking when said jokes aside, I was serious; Vulpera indeed was a great addition!

We are palying WoW
Our standards are somewhere under the bottom of the Mariana Trench!
There are tons of better, cheaper games, but addiction paired with low standards with a hint of fanboy/girlism and/or nostalgia is enough to keep us subbed
Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

No kidding.
BFA was boring me mainly from a story standpoint.
SL is boring me from a gameplay standpoint (all those time gated shinies we need to earn by highly repetitive tasks. It feels more like a mobile game every expansion, and if I am to play a mobile game I rather stick to Fate Grand Order ( in which I have the discipline to not gamble in)

1 Like