Is Solo Queue WoW PvP Compatible? | WoW Rant | Why Solo Queue Is NOT The Best Idea!

Is Solo Queue WoW PvP Compatible? | WoW Rant | Why Solo Queue Is NOT The Best Idea
The Video is best seen as a podcast and the background footage is more to give you something to watch.

I feel a lot of people are wanting and asking for Solo Queue but no one realises how the implementation seems like a nightmare.

People compare it with League , Csgo Valorant etc, but they are using the wrong examples and WoW can’t be compared to these games.

The only REAL solo queue that I could see coming, is a 6V6 Solo Queue Bracket. That could be a nice addition.

Link to the Video with my arguments and the discussion around Solo Queue : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1Z--8Md79Q&ab_channel=ThoGrey

1 Like

Watching it right now and the first argument was the MMR if I got it right? He (you?) said you would not try out a DPS (ret is mentioned as example) spec because of having a high MMR as a healer on the same class. Every single example I heard about soloq clearly said the MMR is tied to your spec. Maybe I got something wrong tho? I’ll watch it till the end and comment more later.

Second argument was population will decrease. This is obviously just an assumption. When RBG was introduced people literally said the same. Obviously RBG didn’t harm arena queues at all. Everyone playing right now will confirm that queue pops within seconds. The time increases the higher you go in rating but that’s a different story.

Third argument was why to go to lfg at all? Well lfg is horrible right now, this is true. Yet I still found several people through lfg and I am pretty sure people will do after soloq as well. They will blame things like lack of communication, bad luck etc on soloq and naturally go back to lfg. I’d say some people will start to appreciate lfg even more.
Right now lfg is mixed with players who dgaf at all and some who actually really want to achieve something and are willing to learn. Just few days ago I found a holy pala on lfg, he introduced himself properly and he wanted to push to 2,1k. He was nice and willing to learn, we got the 2,1k of course, despite the fact how horrible hpala is atm in 2s.
What I am trying to say is you can introduce the best system possible but the community will stay the same. Currently people just struggle to play PvP at all if they don’t have someone to play with. At this point the main issue is the community itself but the lfg at its current state is not helping either.

Further it was mentioned the issue about matchups and lack of healers. Well at this point it’s all about implementation. You could have checkboxes like “voice only” (of course you would only fight vs other people with voice only), picking specific classes/specs etc. People just need to understand that queue times will increase but I am pretty sure most people know it already.

Other assumption is toxicity. I mean this comes probably from shooters and mobas which are extremely toxic by default. If I am not mistaken GW2 and SWTOR do have soloq and it should be compared to these games.

Generally speaking I heard most of these opinions already. Most of it is just guessing, just because we have literally no idea how Blizzard would implement it. On top of that people always think like soloq would solve all issues. No, people are just tired of lfg and want just to play the game and having incentives, so no skirmishes.

Of course having a better lfg system would be good. My personal issue is that I can meet several people in lfg and they might be happy because they found someone to play with but at the same time I am pressured… the moment one guy is offline, I look for another guy, at some point (just like this season) I had over 30 people who wanted to play with me and it felt bad every single time to tell them no, because I am already playing with someone. These people did actually quit at some point because they couldn’t find anyone else.
It might sound weird but soloq gives you an option to play with someone without “making friends”. I am pretty sure many people made some friends and some point and just didn’t have the time to play with them. The same people might find someone else and are not playing with you anymore… it’s simple and complicated at the same time but it also will turn very frustrating at some point if your goal is just to play casual and not to push for r1.

1 Like

No i meant that’s the argument for people to have Solo Queue, so You have a spec based mmr.
But Thank you for asking ! I really appreciate you asking about what i meant, doens’t happen often tbh.

Poor video, poor pronunciation, poor understanding of the implications. You’re basically arguing like a person with only surface-level understanding of it.

any argument about soloq being bad, is just unneccessary, u don’t wanna play it ? don’t play it, for gotd sake, we have PET BATTLES in this game, and u don’t want a soloq pvp system, stop fighting against a revolutionary system that most people would play. thanks.

2 Likes

You didn’t give any arguments too btw. Actually asking Solo Queue doesn’t help blizzard or anyone, asking for a valid system that could work in current systems and make it cohesive with the gameplay and the environement will make things move like having a Solo Queue system.

ALSO, I want to play solo queue, I love solo queue in general. I just don’t see any implemenation work for solo queue. All those suggestions are baseless and trying to compare with moba games over and over again.

Vurtne, The system isn’t revolutionary, WoW is simply not designed for it. Would I like a Great Solo queue system ? Of course, but can it be done with Wow standards? No, it will just be turned in a Skirmish fest with some rewards tied to it.

I think the people asking for solo queue are the bored 2600+ streamers who can’t find teams. I think they’ve lost touch with the casual wow player who is more concerned with gear item lvl difference. I don’t care if it’s 1/2/3s I’ll still get destroyed with my 208 gear.

1 Like

Honestly, while I used to be fairly anti-soloqueue (I do agree that it does not fit the comp-oriented game with fixed classes that WoW is whatsoever), with how many people want to see such a system I do not really care for it that much anymore. If the vast majority wants to see solo-queue, then Blizzard could just introduce it and see what that does to the already dying arena community.

What arena currently needs is a solid rework of the LFG system, but that requires significant development efforts that we’re not going to get for what the majority of the playerbase and devs view as just a mini-game. Soloqueue will either turn out well because of just how easy it is to get into games, or at least bring a temporary participation boost to the bracket with little to no effort required from the developers.

Might as well introduce it and see what happens, even if I personally dislike the idea and would not play soloqueue any seriously.

agree with that,
I’m not really an Anti soloquer, since I would like to have it for 6V6 and not for an arena mode. I just don’t see any implementation of it possible.
Blizzard will give us the 2V2 3V3 Solo Queue that we ‘‘always wanted’’, but it will flop, and be a mess and then people will cry ‘’ See blizzard gave you a messed up Solo Queue System, Blizzard did it for the money, Cry cry cry’’. While tbh, the real reason why Blizzard doesn’t bring out a soloq system is purely because it is just not made for soloq. You don’t have any agency on the match once you enter the arena. While in League you can load up a mid lane game, in the lobby switch lanes with a buddy, get a tanky champ ,a carry, a bursty one, a roaming one, You have a lot more agency.

The reason why pvp community is dying, is purely because pvp is just not that fun. You don’t have that Humpf that you have in Wotlk Cata and MoP ( even TBC did a great job with that, altough the balancing of classes isn’t optimal)

Well, that being said … I am a lot more interested in pvping in TBC. Mainly it’s more fun…you don’t need to do pve if you don’t want to…
And…in practicality supporting that type of pvp and ditching this one they promote in retail is a viable solution for them to see what we actually prefer, since they care for statistics… statistically.

okay let me try to make you understand something

regardless of it being good or bad as an experience, once we agree you are not gonna play it, and many players will, what is the problemw ith adding it, you don’t like it ? don’t play it, ur free to go do ur torghast ur maw, everything u want, nobody is forcing you to play soloq. k?

Wasted effort into a que that will cause more problems and playertears than solve anything.

They should rather pour their strength into making a proper LFG Tool where you can sign up while in a group and have options for a specific class, spec and rating.

What exactly speaks against adding exactly these options for soloq as well?

The problem is, cow, that this Game is all about class based comp focused gameplay.

You do not have a equal foothold where everyone can buy an AK47 if they are aiming well, or where you can ban/pick according to what your random teammates need.

WoW Arena is not built around it, Skirmish should already be a good enough showcase of that.

So you can’t have filters for specs in soloq because the game is comp based and skirmish is a good enough showcase for that? I honestly have no idea how this supposed to answer my question.

You asked for class filters in soloque. Why arent you using LFG in the first place for that then instead?

Because in soloq people can check it in, click the button and the job is done. If everyone does what you say, they have no clue that there are people possibly looking exactly for those players/specs.

So you want an filter where you can as a Resto Druid just look for an Arms Warrior while being qued for 2s and thats it?

Good that we play an MMORPG where player interaction is irrelevant.

It absolutely doesn’t answer my question. You said we need an lfg system where you can have specific options. I agree. But you made it sound like that’s absolutely not an option for the soloq. I am asking you: Why?

Edit: Also, if I am feeling like I want to have a chat with people, I can go on discord or the forums, I don’t need the lfg for that. Besides that you could have “voice only” option in soloq and interact with your mate as much as you want.

Toxicity would blow through the roof if we had soloque where you would have to interact even less with players.

Its already terrible and one of the worst Communities when it comes to PvP, I think only topped by MOBAs and shooters like Overwatch.

What this Game needs the least is even less player interaction with eachother.