Is the cheating worse this season?

I really hate posting on these forums, there’s always some snide remarks here and there, but I think in this instance it may be worth the trolling to say it out loud and see if anyone has had similar issues?

To begin, I don’t think everyone is cheating, far from it actually. But I have noticed a trend in my BG’s and Arena games that made me stop and think… and now post about it.

I have seen games where if the players name has changed to Russian character Lettering (you’ll know it if you see it) I could be persuaded to believe that there is a boosting service involved in the win they are awarded. Some arena games are entirely this, some BG’s are entirely (Pre-made) like this and the chance of winning against players I have just described drops dramatically in any given scenario .

Now I’m not a sore loser or anything, I don’t believe I’m the best player in wow, I don’t think I’m even in the top 1000, and I do believe I can be beaten, even in a fair game.

I thought this trend peaked in BFA and is in decline after Blizz put some restrictions in place for “pay to win” services. But I could “hand on my heart” say when I see these players with “Russian Character Lettering” in thier names, dollars for donuts these folk are paying money to win games, climb the “Unlock” ladder as I like to call in nowadays and level up their items.

I really love playing PvP and when you get a good fight, and the victor is undecided until the final move, gosh almighty what a rush!!
These days however, I see the russian lettering and I just know that someone is using their account to boost for them.

AND YES it’s not only Russians topping up their rubles, but any character set outside of English, on the English speaking servers is a dead give-away to me as more and more players I face have this anomaly on the team roster.

I know I say Russian this, and Russian that… but that doesn’t make me racist… or intolerant or of other countries or people, it just means I have observed this, and now I’m writing it down.

I know there is nothing illegal or against the rules to have another countries language pack installed on your pc, some people may even try to learn to a new language this way… perfectly legit.

My problem exists mainly where the character names change to something other than English, and my team / partner and I have precious few chances of winning these types of games.

I mean, everyone knows some level of cheating goes on in most online games, and someone is getting paid quite handsomely for their services. I guess my question is…

The Tl’Dr version of my post would be, how can we stop boosters and cheaters from profiting from our misfortune of meeting them in our games?

Thanks for reading and I’m looking forward to discussion on the topic.

Laters

I don’t have that experience at all.
And every few games I meet players from russian-speaking realms.
I also play with people from these realms themselves, they’re just like us :smiley: They have hub servers like Гордунни (alliance) which is basically the “Ravencrest” of russian speaking realms, and full of PvP players there.

What cheating

How exactly do they cheat? I read your entire post, and I am not following. You’re very vague about what the supposed ‘cheating’ is and how exactly those games with the russian players are any less fair-game than the others. Personally, I wouldn’t say that my experiences with russian players in arena are any different than experiences with players from other realms. Not even in the slightest.

Random BGs, on the other hand… there’s the fact that the matchmaking system seems to put russian players together. With no language barriers (and let’s be honest, those do exist on English servers since many people aren’t that fluent with the language), their communication and coordination are more efficient so they do seem to have some sort of advantage. Though, if you get a team that is actually good at battlegrounds or queue with a premade, they’re by no means unbeatable.

Do you even realize what are you typing or how BG system even works? Yes you see russian names and what is wrong with that? I will enlighten you that russian servers exist and they are paired together on one said completely most of the times. That doesn’t mean that if system is working that way they are premade.

What restrictions are you talking about? There is no restrictions to boosting first of all.
Second of all you are just accusing them for “boosting” without proof. I mean with that logic you can accuse anyone in anything.

Your problem is that you have no idea what are you talking about. You probably haven’t even heard that there are russian servers. Imagine that: Russians are using russian letters for their name. Sounds impossible right?

Yes it does make you racist and intolerant. But youre in good company. I hate italians and find them to be the scum of the earth. Does this make me intolerant and racist? Yes.

Does nationality = race tho?

For years people blame Russians for cheating and premades. I never experienced it. What I can say is that average Russian player is better than others from EU region. They are well organised and they play together. In WoD there were a lot of cheaters but their nicknames weren’t only written in cyrilic. Stop blaming Russians for everything that happens to you. A lot of them are really nice people.

What do you mean ‘‘a lot of them are nice’’ ???

I havent met single one who knows how to say anything other than hi,let alone full sentence or god forbid conversation

I had really nice conversations with them. Maybe the fact I’m also slav helps. I don’t know.

Doesn’t mean theyre not nice tho tbh most russians I met were super nice.

Ye but you cant know if they are nice or not if all they can say on english is hi.

Actually,most ruined keys i have been pumping were due to russians quitters.Literally every single time,its russians who leave for no reason.

From 1 to 13,no matter what key level.

That’s why i am going to stop playing with them all together.

They also have a lot of boosted players,who have 240 ilvl,even with lege bows,who don’t know what ability does what.Backpeddaling,and doing 2 k dps as 235+ ilvl.

i play most my 2s games with a russian healer. probably one of the nicest guys i ever found in lfg.
he talks to me more then most eng/ger people and also asked me what certain shotcuts mean so he can understand me better.

I don’t do any keys at all and the only experience I had with them was LFG. They were always super nice and tried hard to speak English. I sometimes added chuvak (friend in Russian) and some other words to ease the atmosphere and they insta get very friendly. No wonders they tend to be rude if the only thing they receive from others is hostility.

When it comes to italians and spanjors then well yes. I believe their douchebagness is genetic. TRIGGER ALERT.

You say there are snide remarks on these forums and then go on to blame Russian people for the problems in PvP…

You just sound very ignorant and make no good points.

I’d say around 50% of my partners in arena are Russians and they’re the same as us. They also nerd rage and quit but so do we.

What Nation Ur from

Haha most of Russians boosters are playing on EU servers, so they are have English letters in their nicknames, so you are a little bit wrong here))))

Hi!

1 Like

Not italy, spain or portugal, thats for sure.

Dont get me wrong though. France doesnt come far away from my top 3 list.

I don’t believe that the fact that someone is rude or a douchebag depends on nation that he comes from. I met so many toxic Poles that sometimes I feel ashamed for my server. It depends on many factors - on mood, situation. Someone could have a bad day at work too.