Is the itemization in TBC going to be pre 2.1 (2.0 gear) or post 2.1?

Just wanted to be sure: 2.0 pve gear was significantly worse than 2.1 gear, which made pve harder for sure, so I wanted to know, thank you.

2 Likes

I think you can safely assume it will not be 2.0 gear.

In which case a lot of melee classes can rejoice: fury warriors, rogues, feral druids in particular.

Which melee gear was changed between those patches?

Too many to mention. You can probably find a list somewhere.
I think another big change was that several weapons that were classified as mainhand only were changed to work in both slots which huge for dual wielders.

I just don’t see them purposely make life harder as melee than it already is in pve.

2.0 was a mess, I really hope they stay away from 2.0. I’m fairly sure it will be patch 2.4.3 with all the big class changes in place and weapon skill changed to expertise.

Ah yes, I remember Dragonmaw/Dragonstrike getting changed from MH or 1h so you could have 2x of it.

donjt think it’ll be 2.0 gear

Blizzard haven’t done old itemization in Classic and I dont see any reason they would do the same in TBC. They only restricted the drop of certain items until the proper phase, but never changed the stats.

3 Likes

Your comment is out-of-subject, since Blizzard didn’t have all the data needed for patches before than 1.12 of Vanilla Wow.
For TBC, they have all the data for all the patches so they can do whatever they want.

I think they said it on online blizzcon that they had most of the data, outside of VERY early stuff like alpha-beta, they had most patchnotes and values, they admitted they could attempt to implement progressive patch implementation and just decided not to do shenanigans with it.

There are rogues and warrs in TBC? :smiley:

There will be, yes. As Blizzard are altering “unfair” mechanics on Mu’ru, such as his spellpush back, I think it’s safe to say that even if we get the pre-nerf values on everything, we won’t be getting the old 360 degress cleave abilities that used to absolutely ruin melee classes at the start of TBC.

The base on the game is set to 2.4.3, which means that we’ll be getting the latest iteration of items and gear. That also means that all spellpower one-handers are changed to main hand only, so sorry to shamans wanting to play dual-wield elemental.

Citation needed?

The Blizzcon talk said it would be running at patch 2.4.3, just as Classic had a core of 1.12.1.

We got the latest gear values of Classic, even in phase 1. The same will happen with TBC.

Hope so, I think that makes epic mounts cheaper :slight_smile:

I don’t know what price mounts are going to be, but the first mount at lvl40 is reduced to lvl30. That much was actually mentioned on the panel.

Well in 2.4.3 they reduced from 900g to 600g or something like that; so no reason not to follow the same if it’s the same patch.

Rogues and Warriors were among the most popular classes in TBC, Warrior was probably the most popular class. Every raid had a Warrior main tank and most had 1-2 dps. Raids ran like 3 Rogues often.

Yeah, GL with that this time around. It’s gonna be 4 hunters, 4 locks, 2 mages, 2elemental, 1-2 shadow, 0-1 boomking, 0-1 arm/ret/rogue/enh.

2 Likes