Is there any subtlety shadowlands info?

Just wondering because i know they are putting it back in certian respects like rupture, but there doesn’t seem to be alot of info.

what is concerning me is this baseline find weakness, because of how find weakness operates, it is going to impair the choice of taking gloomblade as the whole point of that talent is that you ignore armor completely and if you ignore it baseline anyway, then what is the point in gloomblade in shadowlands? unless it is going to deal additional damage during find weakness also.

Also, could they not at least give you a way to get nightblade back?

dont think they’ve really addressed anything regarding rogue since the initial poison changes and thats about it iirc. :stuck_out_tongue:

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/world-of-warcraft/23310980/shadowlands-class-updates

this is the only thing that blizz said about classes…
and why the F would you want Nightblade back ??? :smiley: (that’s one of the worst things about Sub…)

1 Like

coz sub is a single target dps machine with gloomblade+nightblade the only thing missing here is a direct damage shadow finisher and any form of aoe finisher at all.

From the information i have seen i am very worried they are going to convert sub entirely into a +damage buff stacker that does nothing outside of shadow dance. This would obviously funnel everyone into using a set build and nothing else they put into the talent tree would end up mattering in the least, especially gloomblade builds with a baseline expose weakness.

• Gloomblade was never a option… it’s just too weak… (they need to buff it to be an option)

this is exactly what you do now :smiley: … you need mastery to deal bonus % dmg with finishers… you use Symbols for another % dmg… you have to use Nightblade to deal bonus %dmg AND deal bonus dmg with azerite trait…

and i hate to use nightblade to deal normal amount of dmg… because it’s something that can be 100% uptime… it does NOT work as dmg buff… if you don’t put nightblade, you do less dmg…
Nightblade is super bad in PvP…and it lasts for short time…
Rupture is better in every aspect… can’t be dispelled, lasts longer, etc.

Everytime when i tried Sub, i feel like i’m on weelchair spec. CP generation is so slow and dumb (with that random CP popping out of nowhere). energy regen is so slow… building CPs outside of SD is so F***ing bad+slow… energy per CP ratio is ridiculous.

it wasn’t that bad in legion because of Artifact traits… and i rly liked legion DfA playstyle and with Legendaries sub was rly good in M+… but it’s gone…
they completly destroyed and abandoned this spec in BfA…

1 Like

I meant specifically damage stacking into shadow dance.

Currently I use shadow dance as an energy cost reduction +energy generator and my build has proven to be pretty powerful, sub should not be focusing on finishers, that is something an assassin should be doing and that is the stupid part of sub in my opinion.

Meanwhile sub should be focusing on fast, critical attacks and this is what i have been doing to increadible effect with my gloomblade build, sadly i am stuck at 445 until they hotfix some actual items in to assist this build.

see, the thing is eviscerate is phsyical damage and this simply means it pales in comparison to the power of even gloomblade, the builder and therefore there is little point in focusing on an ability that gets impaired when you have a similarly powerful ability that does not, the massively increased energy gains i get drastically increase my damage through the medium of gloomblade rather that simply stacking up damage %'s on a cooldown, there is more than enough specs that do that already.

1 Like

you play Sub in bad way… u have no idea how this spec works and should work…

in begining of legion Sub was just Shadowstrike spamming bot.
Second rework was focused on hard hitting finishers (like it always has been)… and it didn’t change since…

this is totaly wrong… Subletys DMG should NOT be about spamming cp builder…
like i mentioned it… they did this in begining of Legion… i remeber how bad it was… spamming Shadowstrike was bad design… and Sub had NO BURST that time…
so they rewoked it into more Bursty playstyle… which is better…
Sub was always about bursty playstyle… we use SD for Burst… NOT for energy regen/saving energy…

that’s complete non-sence… Combo Point class fantasy is about spending CPs on hard hitting finnishers…

u just want them to do same mistake they already did… it was bad in every aspect of game… and every good player hated it…

if you do overall more dmg with Gloomblade than with Evis… it’s just L2P issue.
you should consider to play different class. (Enha Sham looks good 4u in SL)

2 Likes

how is it a L2P issue when my damage is more than impressive for my ilvl?

Blizzard is focusing too much on what the mythic players are doing and ignoring the other builds that are available.

Combo points can serve a variety of purposes, energy generation being one of them.

What i am doing is not bad, it is simply different and more importantly competetive.

Then what’s your damage ? 2.8k rio sub rogue main here. Let’s discuss this, i’m curious :slight_smile:

Wrong char, here we go

“What i am doing is not bad, it is simply different and more importantly competetive”

thanks for the laugh :rofl:

Well, it was 52k on maut when i was 451 ilvl, i kinda messed up and tried to go to 460 azerite with the wrong traits now but it just doesn’t work at all. (replicating shadows is terrible)

Gotta have 3 perforates at least and preferably 2x inevitability with 1 random trait (you can’t 3/3 beyond 445) I have not decided on what would be best in that last spot.

This basically allows you to drop shadowstrike completely and just spam the gloomblade button over and over with finishers because of how much damage steroid it gets, the traits now giving pure shadow damage etc rather than physical.

Haste naturally allows you to use gloom blade more and it also buffs nightblade damage so you still get a reasonable DoT ticking alongside gloomblade, i was going to aim for full mind flay tentacles because they would massively increase in damage with crit haste and some vers.

Gloomblade sucks.
Poor designed and also poor value talent. And always have been this.
It should be moved to pvp talents.

now up to 58k dps at 460ilvl on maut apparantly, but that is with twilight devastation which isn’t exactly the best single target thing out there.

clearing a raid on normal difficulty is not competative sorry to say, also a perforate build is not viable, backstab/gloomblade will not do enough dmg to suffice. Haste is also bad and should not be focused on sub becouse of the sheer amount of it you get/can get passively from traits, essences, passives and talents.

You do know you’re saying it’s not viable when i haven’t even gotten close to reaching the optimised version of the build and despite that was already beyond estimations, were talking 58k in heroic here, not normal mode.

Couldn’t be bothered to finish heroic, i’ve got like 3 other characters who have all been through, kinda burned out now.

The gloomblade/perforate setup is simply doing more damage than any other build i tried, i really wonder what it could achieve if maximised when it is already doing pretty strong damage despite so much left to improve, especially with corruptions.

And yes, i will admit, it’s stupid, but i made it that way intentionally just to show how strong rogues are without even needing to do much and to show that it is basically better than frost dk at what frost dk is supposed to be good at.

Than go play outlaw if you like that playstile of spam, sub is always has been about finishers, our mastery is finishers. The spec did used to be hard single target burst but assa always had stronger in the end our only niche is funnel dmg from aoe to priority target. Sub does not benefit a lot from corruptions compared to other specs so you wont be getting a big advantage. And sorry to burst yout bubble that playstile with perforate has already been tested even in this tier i remember people discussing it in the rogue discord and its really bad compared to the standard playstile. I know sub is the hardest of the 3 specs thats always been the case and is one of the things that make it the most fun

Wth ?? Sub is and always has been about finisher abilities or am I missing something???

If your determined to succeed on sub in content other than pvp then corruptions I’d probably go for crit damage increases with mastery/crit build and focus on the one element sub actually can do = big fat eviscerate damage and try make them count

Will you top dps ? Not in bfa but you can at least do great priority damage in burst windows if you crit with high mastery and do a roll. Its not meta but I’ve managed to at least in a 5 second window pump some serious damage on demand. High crit high mastery seems to be the best sub can pull now but you need to fish for solid trinkets to not be laughable and have a trick you can pull your weight with

The irony of the comment that assassin is the finisher spec when it’s been called mutilate rogue for years, there is a reason people call it mute rogue- that’s where assassin puts its damage in

be nice if they could bring something other then Outlaw being 100% Choice in all M+ tho :frowning:

In SL Outlaw will lose that edge, because of Blade Flurry getting reworked. And other two specs will have “equal” AoE potential.