Is There Seriously No Gender Option In WOTLK PTR?

This is solely because you and someone else is telling me that it does not bother me. Some of my old Open all mail button posts (on an alt I think) are of the same variety. Telling me what I think or should think sets me off!

EDIT:

This is my first Forum ‘Troll’ made before Classic launched.

It obviously bothers you, I don’t think anyone is denying that.

This particular change seems to bother you more than others, though.

Have you ever thought of calling anyone “woke” cause of some minor minimap change though?

Actually not. If I could choose between this change and carets … Carets would win, hands down as I see these every time I play and body type only on creation screens.
Btw it seems I’m the only one being bothered by said carest, so the forum discussion is not getting anywhere :wink:
It still bothers me that you go on saying that this change (or any other change that bothers me) is inconsequential and so on.

No, and I think I never called anyone woke … also as I just wrote, I have no opposition, or the opposite on the Carets-front :wink:

and netiter have I been called a bigot for being against them :wink:

Whether you do or not have opposition to the caret thing is rather irrelevant to the question, but you have definitely implied that people who defend this change are “woke” on more than one occasion.

Walk like a duck, quack like a duck and all that.

Exactly. - They can choose to play a “biological” female or “biological” male, no matter their gender irl. I fail to see how this is inclusive.
It is the easiest way to say: “we changed” without actually doing anything. This change does nothing for any. Including any lgbtq+ members. Literally nothing.

I think you misunderstood the point.

Gender has plenty to do with the game.

Well, it seems you want to decide everything here.

I like to think of my self as the self appointment mistress of everything inclusive here, so I feel like I decide things here :stuck_out_tongue:

I think you’re a bigot based on your comments, the change doesn’t affect you, but you’re still entitled to be upset about it, and I’m entitled to think that you getting upset about it is quite childish and immature.

I want one question answered though.
If you are a biological female, identifying yourself as a male. How is it any more inclusive to pick a body type over a gender when you play a game, Just pick the male if you want to be a male, and a female if you want to be seen as a female?

It doesn’t help your real life Identity in any way shape or form, which is where the incivility should take place.

2 Likes

But it’s deeper than that. What if you’re non-binary, or a masculine woman and a feminine man? It’s not as cut and dry as Male and Female choices

You get the exact same thing when you picked a male or a body type 1.
Hell I am a pretty slender male, nothing here represent me, because it a 17 year old fantasy game. I still don’t see it. Nothing changed other than you identify yourself as a number now. which doesn’t do anything from outside the creation screen.

2 Likes

Once again: You are not the one to decide which changes bother me (tip: They ALL do) in Classic WoW.

And it’s exactly comments of this type that makes me “talk” much more of body types than of carets, I’ve never been called a bigot for not wanting those, or for not wanting FP markers, or … all the other changes I do not like in Classic WoW.
Just for your information, I do not mind these changes in Retail WoW, same as in many other videogames.

3 Likes

Ok, I’m gonna cut to the chase here. If you don’t want to be lumped in with actual bigots, keep your argument to “#nochanges”. Don’t interject with all the other crap you’re currently interjecting with.

The reason we don’t believe your “I’m just doing it for the #nochanges” thing is precisely cause this particular topic always has you chiming in with inaccuracies just like the other folks making the posts in the first place.

If your opinion on this particular topic was purely a “#nochanges” opinion, you’d post just that and that’s it.

I am also a type that like to side with people injusticely attacked, ansd I do not like the silencing (flagging) of the opposition - again not a problem where FP-markers, new mounts, /spit … all the oother cjhanges are involved.
I actually live by this rule: “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”

2 Likes

Alright, go defend me in the other thread where I got a 24 hour timeout then for calling someone a weather phenomenon.

Edit: heck, that was this thread. That just goes to show how both the threads are the same.

I would never flag you for calling someone a weather peheomenon, This made me laugh - I have not seen this … must go look as flagged posts are insearchable.

1 Like

If action is taken against your account the posts are deleted so you wont be able to find them on the forums.

Edit: Oh, eredar quoted it in all it’s glory so it’s still there by … being quoted.

1 Like