Is wow classic going to be the second class citizen?

I cant help but think that alot of the bugs we currently have in classic would have been hotfixed long ago if we were playing retail. Is classic wow going to be treated as a bonus and be neglected because of it? We dont even have our own place in the launcher, just hidden away in retail. It seems like almost nothing has changed since beta all the same bugs and problems with classes.

I think its about time Blizz did some work over here or at the very least give us some idea of whats going on. I am paying my sub 100% for classic, retail died as a game I was invested in after wotlk. When the game plays better on 3 man ran private servers I dont think its too much too ask. 2 months and very little has happened over here.

4 Likes

There are a whole lot of bugs in Retail that haven’t been fixed.

Yes we are and yes we will be. Store mounts bring more money than subs do.

1 Like

They will just min max based on money gained vs time invested.

I doubt fixing any minor bugs will yield em more subscriptions, so they wont.

Of course it will be. It’s a little side project to the actual game, Blizzard made that clear.

And that’s how it should stay.

4 Likes

Store mounts / pets bring more money than subs do , because subs in retrail have gone down so much, that it’s the only thing left now. :grinning:

1 Like

Snowflakes like op always annoyed me so much.

1 Like

That is very important for us to know!

they should just go f2p already

They already have that type: wow token :grinning:

Oh no no no, they will start full p2w stuff, because whales love that <3 custimaztion options we wanted for so long in 15+ year old game? Pay for them too, while the raid gear looks meh. Going true “f2p” but also introducing “premium” accounts to sub and get stuff like more xp, raid once per week instead of biweekly which is for f2ps, and have tons of p2w stuff <3 we are almost there guys lets keep going!

1 Like

We we never entitled to a first-class service anyway. Enjoy what you get for free with your retail sub.

13 EUR per month is not free .lol

3 Likes

They wouldn’t dare touch Classic, they know full well that Classic doing well=higher sub counts and higher sub counts=happy investors (which lets be honest they really, really need right now).
They also know that if they slap an in-game store onto it to raise those profit margins they’ll lose all the easy subs that Classic gained for them (especially with ArcheAge: Unchained now out which is an easy competitor for them now that Trion haven’t got their greedy hands all over it).

I shouldn’t worry.

3 Likes

It is not only for some long term bugs, or class mechanics like hunters trap, that persist without being addressed, the all thing is not being treated like retail from the begining, as expected. Micro transactions are a pillar of modern gaming philosophy, specially online gaming, something that doesn’t belong to classic, besides that, if they put in the same light spot a game with 15 years old and their more modern version of it, that is a result of a significative investment, that can result in bad publicity for the company, with even negative consequences for the franchise.

Something that will be confirmed in the next blizzcon.

Not my point. You’re paying sub for retail, access to Classic is considered just a bonus technically.

Except u pay sub for retail and classic is merely a bonus :slight_smile:

Most people who play Classic will not even have Retail installed. They are paying for access to the Classic servers, which might I point out, need money to run, hence the subscription fee. The money also goes towards support and future patch deployment. They have to adapt the code from back then to now. So your point is moot.

4 Likes

Oh lord please tell me that’s an attempt at humor.

Of course it’s a second class citizen.

What do you expect, what are they meant to do with it? lol.

#NoChanges remember?

1 Like