Is wow [kinda] dying ?

I spent a small fortune moving chars to those two servers xD

Yes it is dying, but it’s a slow death. It will be some time before it finally shuts down it’s servers.

The real problems will come when Blizzard do nothing about the ever shrinking population.

But everything comes to an end at some point, WoW is no exception to that.

2 Likes

Same with FF14, they’ve had to put a load of new servers up and have even had to split into extra data centers afaik. Even these new servers have small queues on them quite frequently. If you look at the Steam statistics for both ESO and FF14, players have nearly doubled since January for both games…

4 Likes

Genius? Your word not mine.

Ok, ready? Go!!!

• Independant PvP gear vendors from PvE offset gear vendors with their respective currencies first introduced in Vanilla.

• Class/spec specific challenges from Legion with decent cosmetic rewards, which resulted from the trial run they did with Warlock green fire quest of MoP.

• Rewards Legendaries from TBC, WotLK and Cata. Not MoP, for MoP it was a requirement for raiding and certainly not Legion, because it was a hot mess in Legion.

• Implementation of new abilities and usual major reworks of the differents classes/specs every expansion or in some major patches. They used to try fun stuff like Symbiosis for Druids back in MoP. Since WoD, they just prune abilities and remove some from being baseline and put them on the talent tree.

• Scenarios from MoP were inovative in the sense that it didn’t require 5 men, with 1 being a healer and 1 being a tank. You could have 3 men all being DPS.

• When they allowed dual specializations for the first time in WoW, during WotLK. Then Legion, they extended it to all available Specs.

Oh and again, you keep ignoring the fact that I said “new fun stuff”, not just “new stuff”.

Wait, Nate, is that you? I told you multiple times not to bring IRL issues online.
jk, I don’t know this guy :laughing:

1 Like

WOW was apparently around 4 million subs at the start of January. I’ve heard that latest guesstimates have subs sitting around the 2 million mark, possibly less and that they were hit hard by the ‘buy 6 months and get a free boat mount that doesn’t float’ subs running out. All speculation though, as Blizzard doesn’t release official figures, but there is certainly a strong downward trend in various information and figures that are available for the game…

The game is not dead, 2 million is still a very solid figure considering the age of the game, but they do need to pull off a miracle if they want to retain what they have and possibly get some people back into the game, something they have clearly indicated they want/need to do, as they have no new IP for at least a year, if not more, which will hurt their bottom line (and Christmas bonusses).

I pegged the EU/NA pop around 3-4 million tops, just a guesstimate though back around December time.

But the world certainly feels more empty in the last few months, so much so I couldn’t find 5 people in Boralus one night around 2-3am…yes it was late but in all my years of playing I’ve never seen it that dead.

1 Like

Nope. Its not just you. I had to replace like 3-4 groups of friends that quit for my Mythic+ group. And I still feel like people want to quit and we barely have patience for some friend to come online and have a reliable friend to do the keys with.

I’ve seen similar things with M+, at the start of expac we had a solid group but now…I’m having to pug a healer or a dps.

If I’m not tanking and I want to use my mage…I have to join a pug run only now which is really annoying.

2 Likes

It is cuz both games have new expansions coming up .everyone likes to get in the mood before expansion .also the fact that both eso and ff14 are also available on consoles while wow is not .really helps both of those games in terms of revenue and subscription ,

2 Likes

WoW has been ‘kinda’ dying since WOTLK tbh if you believe these fora!

It’s a game that is over a decade old, many players have come and gone, some return, some not, but the whole pace of life is now geared towards speed, and gaming is the same. It will be interesting to read the opinions of players when they play Classic to see how they respond to the time needed to play the game.

1 Like

Are just a type of vendors. Nothing new. Next.

Just normal quests with a elite enemy. Nothing new next. [quote=“Crisswyn-outland, post:65, topic:45272”]
Rewards Legendaries from TBC, WotLK and Cata. Not MoP, for MoP it was a requirement for raiding and certainly not Legion, because it was a hot mess in Legion.
[/quote]

Just a new type of grind, we had that in many mmos already at this time. Next [quote=“Crisswyn-outland, post:65, topic:45272”]
Implementation of new abilities and usual major reworks of the differents classes/specs every expansion or in some major patches. They used to try fun stuff like Symbiosis for Druids back in MoP. Since WoD, they just prune abilities and remove some from being baseline and put them on the talent tree.
[/quote]

They also made new abilities for bfa ? So they were innovative. Next

Just smaller dungeons :wink: just like islands are just like scenarios.

Duuuh it is 3 people so it Must be a scenario duhhg

You could change your talents in the past already. So it doesn’t really count.

See ? That is what you did. Ignore every reason and just make a basic statement why it isn’t innovative.

Islands are like scenarios… just wow

That is a different story. And yes they were not made perfect, but atleast they try new stuff

not after a night out u dont :joy:

Aight. Mr Critic. Give us an example of what is “new”? Since apparently in your view every feature is being written off as “old, reskins”. Honestly I can’t see much devs can do. You can’t re-invent a bicycle and call it “new and unique”.

Not had a night out in 11 or so years - so wouldn’t know :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You misunderstand. I call a lot of features new. The one iam arguing with, just puts everything of as a reskin. So I asked him to make a list and did the same.

In my opinion blizzard should continue like they do , they have lot of great ideas , but maybe not listen to the people crying and try them again in the next expansion

Time for ESO to work on their servers becouse I see lots of players going there.

1 Like

Blizzard have pruned every classes for e-sport arena, and m+. R.I.P. Old school WoW. Type welcome to the new World of Champions. Which is kinda like the Quake Champions in rpg vesture…

4 Likes

Also, I think there is a good amount of players that have played for a long time and game has become kind of part of their life and won’t be quitting easily. So at some point the decline of player will slow down almost no matter what kind of content there will be. Hmm, my avatar looks weird.

1 Like

@Rivanon, Orlen: I am currently working on my latest set of minimum calculations for US and EU, I will post the results once I have finished, which will still take some time as I have been interrupted several times by other IRL matters today…

1 Like