Island vote system is a joke

Srsly, is blizz going #easyoffended like the rest of the world?

Earlier today i got voted when it was 400 points left to win the match in a heroic run simply cus i told the other 2 pugs to help mine as we win faster. thats all it took, one simple line, and i got voted.

What kind of joke system is this?? You wnt ppl to grind a failure island with crap AP gains and can get voted for basically no reason…
is this a god damn joke?
Ive also seen post ppl getting voted simply cus they are mining which is basically what island is all about, mine, kill rares.

Are you actually going to do something about this bs anytime soon??
All i want is get my Island weekly done fast as i hate it enough as it is, and now u risk getting voted out for wanting to win in a efficient way or simply telling someone to help mine or not run alone wtf is this

2 Likes

I havent bothered to do islands in a while so I’m not sure.

Did blizz already change how you get stuff from islands? As in, if you are looking for pets, ect?
If they have not, you did the mistake of gathering azerite to for AP, but rest of the group was killing stuff to get pets and toys.

Dev team did amazing job with islands and its systems /not

well I don’t like being told what to do, which is precisely what you did to those other two.
Considering your attitude and the use of srsly and constant text speak, id say youre a young person, which leads me to believe theres more to this story that youre not telling us.

Don’t suppose you said hello when you first joined?
Id probably have kicked you too, with that attitude.

1 Like

Haven’t seen kicks in Island Expeditions myself. I usually do normal ones, though, and in the majority of cases the two other people are below 120 in level. Heroic ones I do with guildies/friends.

I suppose the kick system is fine, though. What would you change to make it better? If there was no way to kick someone, you might end up with one or two afk people in every expedition.

I kick a lot of people in IE.
For many reasons and there always are.

1. does not help in any meaningful way
  2. thinks he can order us around
  3. tells me how to play
  4. plays pandaren
  5. plays Gnome
  6. plays heal

And if two people kick you 2/3 of a team don’t want you, welcome to democratic voting.

Go play offline games, please. Online games will be better off without your toxicity.

1/1 people told you to go offline. Welcome to democratic voting.

2 Likes

Here is a trick. If you have friends who play with you , people can’t kick you anymore.

What a bonehead comment to make “help me win faster”

Extra irony points for using #easilyoffended (describes you)

Yea kicking is too easy. Yea, you gave them an excuse to.

1 Like

This is happenning too often, when someone has better gear than you and he thinks he is captain ordering others what to do, when you go other way and do your job he is flaming at you or even vote to kick. Having high ilvl give some people false feeling that they are better than others. Edit: Not in terms of dps, but overall.

Going by your attitude, I guess you said a little extra than ‘help mine’ before you got kicked, and that’s probably why

He didn’t say “help me win faster”, read it again. “Help me mine Azerite, so that we win faster”

The amount of horror stories about this means I haven’t touched island expeditions since my first character (this one). It’s a shame because I kinda enjoy them and I’d like to use then for a bit if levelling, mounts and rep tokens. I guess at most I could 2 man it with someone so nobody will get kicked, I wouldn’t even care if they AFKed, I’d like to solo them but… neh.

1 Like

2 against 1. Doesn’t matter the reason. You get kicked because a majority wanted it to be so.

Also, if you are so rude to other people as you was in your OP it’s no surprise a kick came for you.

I’ve done 148 island expeditions on my main. I’ve been kicked once. I think you have to remember the number of people complaining about kicking are very few. There are thousands of players and we see a complaint once in a while.

2 Likes

Because not everyone who has been kicked is going forums and posting about this, but these things happen pretty often tbh.

1 Like

And by that same logic the overwhelming majority who are not having problems for most of their runs are not coming here saying. Did an IE today, didn’t get kicked.

Hmmm… still scared though :c

I solo queue for the bulk of the IEs I’ve done. It’s just a bunch of randoms people trying to get their weekly cap. It’s not in their interest to kick people.

Just try it. What have you got to lose :slight_smile:

Usually people publish materials about strange or unwanted things that take place in the game, so i would be surprised if i would see someone posting about something cool that happened to him :smiley: