Isn't the Deluxe mount kinda P2Win?

It’s an epic mount usable at level 30 that only needs 75 riding skill.

Therefore anyone with it has a 40% faster mount from levels 30 to 60 than others leveling, not a huge deal but still.

7 Likes

Considering most people will already be lvl 60 by the time TBC actually launches, I don’t see how this would qualify as P2W

Many people will start to reroll from the dead servers they had their characters on on Gehennas or whatever else popular server is.

They can already do it now, I don’t see why they would wait until TBC launch

Because pre-patch is a massive overhaul for talents/skills/quest reards/leveling exp nerfs, I easily see people delaying leveling up until that day, expecting at least a month of chill grind. As well as with prepatch you can easily expect a spike in player population in zones, making your experience better.

1 Like

I may have misunderstood, but isn’t the deluxe mount only released on launch, rather than pre-patch?

Yes it is pay to win.

14 Likes

Not sure, boost will be available May 18th

" Starting on May 18, after the weekly scheduled realm maintenance, everyone who wants to prepare early to join the adventure when Outland opens on June 1 will have the option to purchase the Dark Portal Pass"

So I assumed same goes for the mount.

We’ll see I guess.

Anyway, even in the “worst case”, leveling from 30 to 40 takes less than 24 hours of played time, even if you level normally (without getting boosted or w/e). So, this supposed “P2W” thing would only shave a couple hours at most from the time it takes for you to get to 60. I personally fail to see how this is something one is supposed to lose their mind over.

Nah, everyone will have a mount on lvl 30, it’s a TBC change that will come online with a pre-patch. The issue is that in TBC you still need lvl 60 to get 100% mount and a serious chunk of gold which you can get only if you play in a high-inflation server and sell materials that other players need on your way, but unless this mount adapts to your riding skill, you will have 100% mount from 30 to 60, while anyone else will have 60%, which is an enormous difference. It ill pressure anyone who wants to level up alts to buy deluxe edition, since this mount probably is available for every character you create on your acc.

3 Likes

Since when is pay to win determined by the amount off players who it will impact?

If its only 10 % that does not count ? @_@

Well, I’m not too versed in how Blizzard recently handled this sort of stuff, but both Celestial Steed (WotLK) and the Blazing Hippogryph (Cata) scaled with your mount skill. What makes you think this mount will be different?

As long as it doesn’t offer any significant endgame advantage, I’m not personally too fussed. Who knows, maybe it will means more potential guild recruits on the market?

Currently datamined stuff about that mount makes it look like it may have 100% for 75 skill. So people are rightfully worried, since blizzard didn’t clarify ho the hell that abomination would work.

Unless we have some precedence for it on Retail, I would give them the benefit of doubt and not assume right away that it’d work unlike anything that ever came before.

I’d imagine it would say that the speed changes depending on your Riding Skill level like most mounts already do on retail.

It is PTW you just dont care … got it !
Now wow token is a thing in classic china now rest of the world will have PTW mount… if Bliz will add WoW token to the rest of the world will u care then ?

Are you seriously comparing the magnitude of the impact the WoW token would have on the game with a mount that (allegedly) could give players between level 30 and 60 an extra 40% speed boost? Seriously?

Talk about datamined, the lowest level of riding skill is at level 10 on wowhead beta pages.

I can easily see implementing tokens as a next step, as well as in-game store with bunch of mounts being printed. They already made tokens in Chinese classic anyway, they have an infrostructure for it.

3 Likes

Yes it is but most people cant recognize p2w unless it gives them the literal first place in every BG/Arena/Max gear.

Its kinda sad how blind most people are willing to be.

TBH i do believe this mount will scale according to the riding skill you have like how it is (or atleast was at some point) in retail. So a skill of 75 gives you 60% speed on the mount.

3 Likes