Issue with seeing party memeber

Hi, I am having issue seeing my friend in a party without level sync enabled.

me: I am player with multiple max levels now leveling another alt, I have turned on war mode, and with chromie selected WoD.
friend: after years returning player, no level 120/50 ever, war mode on.

we tried inviting each other but I always see him with blue circle over his nameplate, and impossible to see on map even outside garrison or phased areas.
We can only see each other when level sync is enabled while we can do Qs together sometimes the progress is not shared and it is in general weird that we are never in same phase/layer…

What to do to see each other withotu being in party or without level sync?

Without being in a party, there is no way to guarantee that two people will see each other. At all. Ever. Players are assigned to different coalescences according to an algorithm at the time they enter the zone. You might try leaving the zone and re-entering it, and if you are on the same realm you should have a good chance, but no guarantees.

You should, however, always see each other when in a party, and ofc whcn party-synced, except for phasing.

Usually people are assigned to a layer for a full week iirc.

So OPs best bet is to just form a party.

I’ve never heard that. Was that in any way confirmed?

If memory serves right they did it when people in classic started to abuse layer hopping.

But layers in Classic and coalescences in Retail are very different things in the first place, and there is no reason to think any mechanics of one are related to the other.

Are they? Blizzard devs use the same terminology for both, which is layering.

If it’s different then I don’t know what the issue is to be honest.

Very different. Blizzard explained when they introduced layering, because the Classic base reacted badly when they thought it would be similar to coalescence.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.