Issue with the frame around display?

Hello there guys! First of all I wanna apologize for my english in case there are some mistakes.

I bought Dell G5 15 last week and I’m satisfied with it, it’s working very nice. But I’m not sure about one thing. When I’m opening t he laptop, it is not very easy and you need to use more strenght to do so. Which would be fine but the issue is with the frame around the monitor. It is only in one spot - directly above the DELL Logo on the bottom part of the frame. The plastic frame is not sticking to the monitor in that spot so there is this little gap and once I’m opening the laptop, it’s making the gap ever bigger as I need to push harder to open the laptop. Should I be concerned about this or it is not anything that should be a problem? What is the best thing to do?

it says I can’t include links to show you the photo how it looks tho :frowning:

If it’s a laptop, it’s usually where the inverter (what the GPU sends the signal to, to get the image orientation right) is. If it’s been getting too toasty, the frame may get a bit warn, but the inverter will fail before the heat generated would get to ‘frame melting’ levels; is the rest of the machine getting equally… warm?

That said, you may want question if what you’re using the machine for fits with it’s ‘intended use’ design.

I’m sorry, but this is not the issue at all. The issue is the plastic frame around monitor, it has nothing to do with heating or if I’m using the machine for it’s “intended use”… I was basically asking if I should be worried about the plastic from not completely touching the LCD display or if there is any other action that should be taken.

So; the plastic bezel around the monitor is no longer tight to the screen surface…?
Aside from the gap being a bigger ingress hazard - including moisture - then no, no problem at all.

Just that the monitor panel failing is the quickest way to write the laptop off… it’s the single most expensive component of the whole machine & usually costs more to replace than a new machine.

Back to my earlier post, though… if the gap IS on the lower edge - where the inverter is - and it’s overheating, then the easiest way to stop it getting worse is to not overwork the video system.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.