It surely must be a vocal minority? Right?

I barely use the forums but sometimes I like to have a browse and I am seeing a lot of people complaining about a failed opening to this expansion.

On the servers I play I have had nothing but goodness from the servers. No lag and no wait times. Of course, I would never pick a full server but if I did, I would expect that on the opening days a full server would be… well, full… but maybe I am just crazy?

Am I the only one who sees these first few days as amazing? Maybe amazing is too much, but I got what I wished for. Great opening hours from the community and no wait times. No lag and apart from the sharding making it seem empty for the most part… a great time. 9/10 for me!

I know gamers are miserable bunch of whiners, but surely I am not the only one who thinks its been a great job on Blizzards part?

24 Likes

Everyone has a different opinion, I thought the launch itself was great at least on stormrage, the server is pretty big but not drenor levels. I did think the intro and bastion was a bit boring overall but it had it’s moments but it really picks up in maldraxxus.

Overall, get over it. Some people were into it, others weren’t.

4 Likes

I guess forums are not for discussion. I was not aware different opinions existed.
Yes I shall get over it and use this forum for others opinions and never state my own.

Thank you

4 Likes

Glad you understand.

4 Likes

From what I gathered so far in both US and EU forums:

• Players that managed to logg in (usually not in busy servers like Draenor):
    “Well done Blizzard, smooth launch.”
    “Having fun, the new zones are wonderful.”

• Players that didn’t managed to get in (busy servers or server down like Kazzak)
    “Been staring at a black screen.”
    “I pay to play, not to wait.”
    “It’s my day off and I am having a queue for hours now.”

I can empathize with them.
I lost account on how many times I cursed, when a rare was up during the event and I was looking at a login screen that never finished logging in the character I picked specifically for that rare (loot drop).
The solution I found was hitting alt+f4 multiple times till I got logged in Properly.

Also I found out that WoWhead had all the rares, listed by order so I didn’t need to wait till the last minute to see which rare was going to show up and pick a character according to what I wanted from him.

Don’t take it too harsh.

Some people are pissed off because they can’t play, or didn’t like the introduction.

But so far, from what I read, there’s also many people praising it.

Edit: typing.

Cheers.

5 Likes

Now that is a reply. Yes I think I agree with you. If I was on a full server I would be down… though this is why I do not pick full servers as this is what happens when anything is full.

Nice reply and Yes, I think you did hit the nail on the head.

Thanks!

1 Like

When your servers are overrun by paid transferees and their alts, and is thus unplayable to you, yes you become frustrated. Blizz made so much money off transfers TO draenor a FULL REALM since 2009 that it can afford a mini-supercomputer and premium servers just for that realm

1 Like

One simple “rule” when it comes to forums; mostly whiners and overall dissatisfied people are more often than not venting out here, while players who have things peachy and good, are busy in-game playing… not typing on forums.

7 Likes

That is odd to me. So people pay to join a full server? Then they wonder why it has issues with being full?

1 Like

I can testify.
During Legion expansion I was never here.

Cheers.

2 Likes

I am on that server and many others since the start, others later since tbc/wotlk. From cata onwards paid transfers still allowed on that realm despite being FULL. I cant play on MY original realm that i play from 2005 because of blizzard greed and horde scum.

1 Like

Yes, maybe this is why I am not here much. I like to log in and read mostly while I play. I also think I barely post because it is full of people that remind me of how I once was when I was a very young gamer… I get embarrassed easily I think.

This was one of best launches in decade for me. No lags no problems even with my quite old pc.

1 Like

yeah, i play on AD and had a smooth launch. and AD is pretty darn populated.
i think certain servers in the blizz offices are just old and busted or something.

2 Likes

Your hardware is irrelevant for server performance. as long as you have wifi and a potato pc that ran BFA you can play. LAG IS from SERVER.

1 Like

I wonder if there is a way to find out if your server is new, old or whatever else exists. I bet the US ones are better… I would expect anyway.

I play on Silvermoon I had some lag yesterday and that was it, I’ve never even waited que.

1 Like

My main characters are on Kazzak (Horde), but I have Alliance characters on Silvermoon and backup Horde on Stormreaver because Kazzak was already behaving weird before the launch and I expected this. Silvermoon’s had a little loot lag/quest lag but no combat lag to speak of and I can’t really find anything to complain about. I haven’t even tried to sign into Kazzak because I keep hearing it’s still having problems.

So it doesn’t affect me personally, but it does affect my partner who plays exclusively on Kazzak, and he hasn’t even got to try the new stuff yet because he just simply can’t get in, so I can see it from both sides.

As far as launches go though, Kazzak and Draenor seem to be the only accidents. Everything else looks good.

1 Like

Of course it’s the minority. There’s at least a few million playing and there might be, what? 10-20 people complaining about it on the forums?

People are more likely to go out of their way to complain than to praise. Rule of life.

More chances to get a decent guild, I guess.
Also more people posting in the AH.
From what I read a 30 slot bag is around 75 gold in Kazzak, on my server is around 500 gold.

I believe most of the time those servers are fine especially in periods most players got bored and quit.

But there’s also the expansion launch time, which is when most players come back and check the new features, like now.
When that happens, people get mad because they can’t play.

Cheers.

1 Like