It was the 18th of July 2016

Where i was doing my thing on beloved hunter, kiting with impunity and sass. making my opponents want to eat the dirt I left behind in my wake. I was the kiting demon! Me and my SV hunter could control 3 melee classes at once, making light work of a warrior, rogue and DK. I was the ultimate savage with well timed korean knock back traps, frustrating burst of speed rogues with my exotic munitions. I was the king of kite…

The catsers used to fear my DoTs, as I would DoT up and max range, control, DoT and max range. I was the actual sh*t.

No one could touch me with my awesome kiting, all while my pet stands there having nothing to do unless i needed sac or freedom, or simply wanted to chase someone down and be a nag. I didn’t need its damage, just its utility, so my pet was my very best friend, near to me most of the time. How I miss you so, as you now go off to nibble on peoples ankles every f’ing gcd. I miss you dear fckboi, you had more health than I did, and were so resilient. However now you are weak and that hospital trip is like twice as long :frowning:

I want to feel the wind in my diamond back, I WANT TO KITE! I miss surviving as a survival and making people want to gouge their eyes out in frustration. Why no gief old school SV bleezard, why o why u keep SV as melee number 23481736982735946786108273491726359178575… Is it not enough?

1 Like

Probably cause most of what SV was is now either baseline, backed in or tossed over to MM and BM. Also sv hunter as “melee” is allot of fun too play.

2 Likes

If demon hunter’s throw glaive did the same damage as wildfire bomb, it would literally be a MUCH better version of SV hunter. I kid you not.
SV isn’t actually that much fun when you take into consideration all the hassle you have to put up with having a buggy pet with less HP than you and a 4 sec rez. Add to the fact you are a melee with one melee ability (that you will actually use).

SV is waste of spec, they may as well just remove it at this point and make hunter 2 specs.

Melee SV huntard is the best thing happened in this game in years. L2P

2 Likes

Is the issue being a melee class or being a neglected class?

What about when SV scored the highest in first patch of bfa.
What about the fact they boost everything and nothing to current SV.
Even 9.1 they managed to boost 3 things where you have to pick only one of them.

If you wanna be fair with your claim, you better look at all the factors, internal and external.
Let’s put all specs and classes at the same level and then let’s judge them. When MM and BM will struggle, SV would not, and vice versa.

I get that you are still upset they removed the ranged SV you loved and enjoyed and that was a very stupid move from Blizz, but that doesn’t mean you can now say the current one is bad. Well it is bad but not cause it’s “Melee” … not magically it has a melee weapon and damage out of nowhere suddenly dropped. Let’s get real

That is literally false for raiding it being melee and the other specs being ranged is literally a good part of what makes it bad.
For raiding there is just way better choices and they bring unique utility comparatively over what survival brings, why would you bring survival over mm or bm on hard fights.

I am not saying you should not play survival if you want to i am saying that for the raid if you do play survival you are potentially pushing out another melee player that could bring something that would make that hard boss become easier to deal with.
Now on top of that it is a neglected spec.

Also remember hunters used to have melee weapons being able to do both is not a new idea in anyway.

This highly depends on bosses, though I would agree with you generally, but yet it depends. I have said that in beginning of bfa SV was the top in dps meter.
Utility wise, why not? even now with crit and haste you can do good dps and tools can be also good. This remain more of an opinion thing, though I wouldn’t ask the question “Why SV over MM or BM” as one is more of a melee and others are ranged

Indeed, and I hope they will bring that back, especially with the current SV. Since we have few ranged spells and can use a bow, why not bring back this option and work on it.

I definitely see the neglected part as the main cause of all this trouble. If SV is an issue in raiding as a melee, if it wasn’t this neglected we could surpass many of not most other melee (Already our AOE put is among best melee in M+) But the current 9.1 single target boost is such a bad move, Devs killing SV again and again…

SV is one of the best spec to Kite. You have all tools you need for every situation. It’s a more trading game cd /windows than before cause pure melee have many tools now for connect. And Msv have many tools to connect and slow casters/distance. With Msv you have two games in one. You don’t like this gameplay style. I’m ok with this but the time of woltk & co is over. Now you can’t kite all the time or maybe sometimes with a perfect cd rotation in 1v1. But it’s not design to be balance for this.

you think all your problems come from the swtich to MSV but many class / specs have changed and their toolkit too. If they bring back the old SV that you love so much (don’t exept one second OP talent readiness come back) you will have the same issues against melee, cc fiesta, stun, slow than Modern Bm, MM and Msv.

Open your eyes and your spellbook / pvp talent. Play with it.

2 Likes

HaHa you guys know nothing about kiting, till you tried Glyph of Black Ice and Ice Trap.

The Glyph increased your speed whilst in the effect of your Ice Trap, it would look like you were skating around the ice :smiley:

With Classic Survival Spec and the trap buff talents, You can run in circles around melee putting holes in them, and they could not touch you.

Over the years traps suffered from classic Blizz neglect and the line of sight issue lasted 2 expansions. Basically, if the Ice trap got activated on a slope, the effect would go through the slope instead of covering it.

I must have sent 10mill bug reports, it did not get fixed and Glyph of Black Ice and trap got removed from the game. Replaced with what is now tar trap.

It would seem my old youtube vid taken down/expired

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.