It's just me or Warlock is no longer fun?

So, a few weeks ago I decided to go back into WoW after having stopped playing during Cata. At the time, Warlocks were a pretty fun class to play, with lots of ways of controlling the battle, with things like howl of terror, insta shadowfury, demoinc circle (which could trigger sprint), insta pet changes, etc. And although they were less mobile than mages, they still had the advantage of self healing and tankiness.

Since then, a lot has changed. Obviously, I don’t know how the class was played during WoD, Legion of Mists of Pandaria, and therefore some of this changes may not be new to you. But I am playing a class that has gone from having easily 4 or 5 different ways to defend itself, to a class that almost literally only has one way of getting distance from melees. Which basically obliges you to tank. And its not even a tanky class now, depending on your specc.

As a result, it seems to me that warlocks are not longer fun to play. Take not, I am not saying they are not viable: Even with my current trashy equipment, is obvious that both affliction and destro can deal quite a lot of damage if left alone. But playing a class that requires the opponent ignoring you to perform it’s simply not fun.

I am the only one thinking this?

4 Likes

You can sat big thanks to Legion dev team because it was they who decided that warlocks needs a rework…morons.

Welcome to the iteration of warlocks, about whom Ion Hazzikostas said that he don’t want to see ous mobile, but he would rather double down on our strenghts - our defences, and in the next patch in legion he put Demon skin and Dark Pact in the same row.

1 Like

Well… i left my lock to dust in the closet.

I loved demo, and kinda forced-changed to affli which i still dont like… i am waiting for changes.

Yeah Ive pretty much benched this guy for the remainder of the xpac unless I see some drastic warlock changes in the future.

Im sticking with my mistweaver monk, which is actually fun and viable in pve and pvp

2 Likes

If that was the case, I could understand it, but the only advantage I see between my lock and a friends mage is that I can, if I so decide, take demon armor as a pvp talent, plus 10% more stamina. My full affli lock in TBC was tanky, the SL/SL locks were tanky, this is a joke.

1 Like

Jumped ship, levelled two hunters, this rogue and a paladin and I still haven’t levelled my warlock. Although I love the way in which they reimagined demonology into a mass demon summoner, this whole ‘no mobility and high defences’ thing has ruined the class because we didn’t get the defences.

SL/SL warlocks was an abomination, let’s be honest here.
I was tanky in MoP/WoD because my core gameplay design was made so i felt and being tanky. Now, our core desing is being still and do casts…simple!..for everyone exept us.

Everything about this game is boring now, not to mention warlocks who are totally destroyed these days. Bye bye

4 Likes

Perma inferno’s gone, voidwalker can’t hold aggro. Might as well use felhunter instead.
EDIT: test didn’t work

1 Like

I feel the same way and left my warlock(s) [I actually had 3] in the dust.
Ontop of the class design not being all too exciting anymore, I feel like the new animations for chaos bolt and unstable affliction feel out of place.
(The one that’s shared with lava burst) I can’t stand it tbh.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.