Jailer's Gauntlet

How are people supposed to complete layers 6-8? Just tried a run on L6 with a friend after repeatedly failing it solo, we rng’d really good powers, know our classes and synergies well, both of us are near bis geared and discussed tactics before pulls when we could, and it was smooth sailing up to floor 5 or so, when abilities randomly started hitting us for 2 million damage on 200k hp pools. Mind you, that was not some aoe ability we were supposed to dodge but failed, those go for upwards of 4 million damage anyway. It was a single cast that went off cause we ran out of kicks, and oneshot one of us over and over till the death counter expired. Any thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions or tips? Are the higher gauntlet layers designed exclusively for 5 man groups? Even then I don’t think a tank can soak and mitigate a 2 million hit effectively, let alone repeatedly.

I soloed it on a prot paladin. I also have a friend that soloed it on a hunter (but they are busted with feign death powers)

Honestly if you got to floor 5 the hard part should be over. But if you do happen to die later its normally kinda snowballed out of control because extra mobs have inevitably spawned making it a little too much to handle.

I’m honestly not sure what hits for 2mill there unless its avoidable. The only advice I can think of is keep banging your head against it if you want to. It’s not meant to be balanced, its not meant to be fair, its a challenge with a hefty chunk or rng / luck / frustration.

Ye its pretty chaotic. I soloed it till last lvl on my brewmaster monk, but i cant do the same on blood dk.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.