Join bg to heal met with negativity

Ion said gear ain’t issue it’s skill.

Yet I get met with gtfo or get mass reported because I’m 171 ilvl in a random bg.

Wtf is this? I’m there to grind honour to gear up.

6 Likes

honestly at this point of the season entering a bg without 200 gear is a literal suicide, expecially as healer.

1 Like

its easier to surv w low gear in epic bgs… you’re less targeted there…You can also do some pve to get higher itemlvl gear (m+) some drops versatility gear…which will be better than low ilvl honor gear

It’s easier to play epics for honor yes. But OP is complaining (I assume) at the toxic hate some kids spout in random BGs because their healer is low geared.

I entered a BG when I dinged 60 on my shaman. At about ilvl 160 or so.

I got killed so many times and did so little healing I just farmed all the necrolord covenant gear to 197 (it’s all vers gear) then rejoined to farm honor.

It made such a difference and was 100x more fun.

I can’t imagine trying to gear say a warrior or front line melee dps at this stage.

The ex-honour bonus this weekend has been great. Slowly upgrading gear on my priest and can see small difference. I can survive two hits now instead of one.

It’s ok. Fully geared priests are like raid bosses. Then you can /dance with nearly everyone who try’s to attack you.

1 Like

In PvE. 1 average ilvl should increase your performance with 1%. So if a 220 player does 30% more dps than a 210 player it is not just gear.

But this balloon doesn’t fly in PvP for several reasons. And bringing this up is not really useful.

But yes, as 170 ilvl player you are pretty much useless in a bg. You are even better off joining RBGs. Most teams at low ratings are so incompetent that they don’t even attack healers.

1 Like

Just do the freaking coven questline and get 200+ item level.

Christ.

1 Like

I think the general opinion is that low gear isn’t “farming honor” at this stage in the game. They are being carried.

I can’t think of any situation when someone with 22k HP would be helpful / threatening.

Maybe a rogue as they can cap bases with sap/blind regardless of hp.

And maybe pala with BoP / Sac.

However you are generally useless at low gear right now. Sadly.

1 Like

Sorry to nitpick, but there’s a bit of a logic mistake here. If you can survive two hits INSTEAD of one, it means you CAN’T survive one hit anymore. Which makes no sense, if you can survive two…

You probably meant something like “Instead of it taking only one hit to kill me, now it takes two”, I presume.

yes, well spotted

Am I moaning about my ilvl?

I simply put I’m getting abuse for joining as a lower geared person in a random bg.

Abuse for content that has no requirements.

As if 200 ilvl isn’t trash level rn xD

It’s better than showing up as a 170 leech tho.

I hate PvE. I also hate being farmed on GY and oneshotted. But if I have to choose between the two I take being farmed on gy rather than farm anima or any kind of PvE from daily Q to raid. Quit BfA because of it. They promissed vendors, I was baited back. They delivered flawed system with insane gear gaps, slowest grind possible and strict rating locks. Honor gear starts at 158, if I want to start BGs at 158 I could not care less what players think. This situation is not my problem, it is developer problem. Go cry to them…

3 Likes

Do the covenant quest etc and get atleast 197 quickly. Your wasting your own and my time if you enter with 171. GL

Damn straight.

People shouldn’t get shamed for being in unrated gear in unrated bg’s.

2 Likes

You shouldnt be joining a normal bg in anything below 200ilvl. Your legit useless and are expecting your team to carry you.
The amount of normal bgs i go into and half my team are <26k hp and you just lose before the gates open is unreal.

Not only are you useless but farming honor in normal bgs is literall the WORST and most time consuming/frustrating way to gear.
go necro covenenant till full geared 197 pieces > epics bgs for trinkets off pieces (you can be semi useful in epics) > RBG yolo groups to fill out gear and farm honor.

Joining a normal bg in bad gear your just trolling your team and yourself.

1 Like

So let’s see, someone has to:

1. Go necro for the versatility Cov set
  2. Do EBGs which are…boring as hell
  3. Then do some RBGs

Just to be able to queue for RANDOM battlegrounds?

Thanks for showing how idiotic this gearing system is.

4 Likes

People shouldn’t join unrated bg’s until they’ve surpassed the max gear awarded from unrated bg’s?

Agree you’re pretty useless in <200 gear, but that’s the fault of the system, not the player. I’ve been spamming bg’s for years & would continue to.

As for ‘leeching’ or ‘expecting to be carried’ …gtfo.
That absolutely wreaks of inflated self importance. I’m here to play, like I have done for the past 5+yrs. if the gear disparity in SL makes my abilities laughable, the gear disparity is the problem, not my ability to use spells.

Bring back templates / bring back scaling / Introduce brackets so I can play with ppl of my ilvl / Merge xp-off with normal queue so I can bg somewhere else (somewhere faaar away from people who lather themselves up in the tippy-top gear & strut around unrated bg’s like ‘pshh guess I have to carry you all’ :muscle:t3::sunglasses:) / introduce a templated queue / Introduce a 200 cap…
^ any of these options & I’ll spam them with my mouth shut. But if people are crying for ‘gear to matter again’ -don’t be surprised when ‘half my team are <26k hp’
-& dont blame players for wanting to bg, at any ilvl.

2 Likes