Just getting into PvP

So ive been a PvE player pretty much the entire time i’ve been subbed to wow.

Just getting into PvP and i just don’t understand the gearing system at all, why is it that the best way to gear my character for PvP is by doing PvE? Every PvP content is 100% rng in terms of loot drop. Atleast in PvE you know what you might get from the content you’re doing and you can target a certain piece of gear.

The gear that you get from the conquest cap isnt even for your spec sometimes, the weekly cache is obviously 100% rng too, what’s the idea behind this?

Because bliz removed pvp resilience rating and invited pve players to arena and rated bgs.

Back then I was 4-5 shotting pve player because he had raid gear. And no pvp resilience rating on his gear.

Right now players who cant get from pvp , makes harcore pve stuff to get gear since they removed pvp resilience rating. And they go rated stuff when they are done with key gearing.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/auchindoun/cund

This is one of my 16 alt. I have 16 characters more than 400 ilvl.
I only que rated bg with this character. 0 mythic key and raiding gear.

How long did it take to get the gear you wanted? Was it just luck getting the pieces or can you actually target one and work towards getting it?

Every 3-5 rated win you get +400 gear piece , with luck you can get every 2 rated win too.

I have 16 alts at 400-410 ilvl range.

There is no PvP gearing system. All I get from all my casual BGs is a chest sometimes that may or may not contain a useful gear item. There’s also some quest sometimes that gives gear, but it’s all pretty rare and long-winded. In PvE, you probably get 5 gear items per day, but I am used to just doing casual BGs and nothing else, so I don’t really get much gear.

Then horde has superhigh PvE gear and they wipe the floor with me. PvE insects killing PvP players easily… that’s current WoW.

Gnome is talking about epic bg and random bg.

If you make rated bg or arena , you can get as high gear as minimum 415

1 Like

Also conquest reward gives you a choice when you hand in the quest

You can choose one of 4 items for cap. Outside of that its pure rng.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.