Just got recruited

I posted this in my servers forum as well, feel free to delete either/all I just want a quick answer on what to buy to continue playing

Hi, so a friend recruited me to play the game, and I just got to lvl 20, in other words, I can’t continue playing without validating my account. I’m a bit confused on how to continue though, will my account be valid if I buy playtime? Will the playtime stack with the time I got from the trial version? Do I need to buy expansions, or just BFA?

Thanks in advance<3

The “free” trial is up to level 20. You can explore to your hearts content on any characters below level 20 even if your gametime lapses afterwards. There is no time limit, but there are plenty limitations.

WoW is a subscription based game, where you need to add gametime if you want to play further beyond level 20. Everyone has Legion unlocked and can level up to 110 without buying additional expansions.

If you don’t like the game after this, you don’t need to buy any expansions and can call it quits. If you do like the game and would like to play up to current expansion content or prepare for the future expansion you can buy BfA or Shadowlands complete collection (that includes BfA).

1 Like

adding bfa to my account won’t upgrade my starter account I assume? As in do I need to buy playtime ánd bfa, or would it work if I bought bfa now, wait out the trial time, and thén buy playtime?

There is no “trial time”. The starter edition trial is indefinite with limitations.

Buying BfA alone will upgrade your license expansion level, but without gametime you can’t play it. Therefore if you want to play the rest of the game you can do this:

Add gametime, play content up to level 110 Legion.
Add gametime, buy the BfA expansion and play content up to level 120 BfA.

1 Like

Thanks, sorry for being dumb, just trying to outsmart the system and get some more bang for my buck, thanks for the info, liked and clicked solution thingie. See ya in Azeroth!

You can “outsmart” it a bit, by levelling multiple characters to 20 during your starter edition and get a minor headstart when you add gametime after that. So you can get a better feel what you’d like to play.

Have fun at Azeroth!

1 Like

I used to be one of ‘‘those’’ guys that played on a private server (years ago, rip molten) so I have a feel as to what I want to play, but I might just go ahead and do that anyway, thanks again for the quick responses!

The best thing to do is buy a month of gametime, not a subscription, it will allow you to level to 110, if you like it buy BfA or wait until Christmas and get BfA for free when Shadowlands comes out and just buy that, Only certain versions of the expansions come with gametime.