Just make the world buffs undispellable

I don’t mind losing them due to getting ganked. But being dispelled by a naked dwarf priest in orgrimmar that just lies dead until ppl run past him, then ress, dispell and repeat. That’s not PVP, that’s griefing and just terrible gameplay.

Your inability to adress issues in the game is conserning.

8 Likes

Pvp is pvp. #Nochanges

#Ifchanges: just remove wb from Classic imo. Problem solved. Raids become more challenging and it expands Classic lifetime.

15 Likes

There is more than one easy in game solution to the problem. No need for blizzard to implement your suggestion.

And after they would’ve dealt with that, people will demand the world buffs stays even after you die. Because rogues will be hiding in city dead spots, where guards won’t kill them even if they pop out to gank someone tagged for PvP after having been ported back with a mage’s portal.

It’ll never be enough.

Easier to just disable world buffs in raid instances. While people are having fun with the performance increase, at the same time they’re also complaining about boss difficulties, while also complaining about the coordination required just to get the world buffs to begin with.

The root of it all is the world buffs. Disabling them removes the need to get them.

10 Likes

Agree with the above post. World buffs are the problem. Not the dispellers.

Look forward to TBC. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Yes, i agree with you there. But as i said, i don’t mind that scenario. That’s real pvp. not what that “nochanges” guy said previously.

I see bots moving from the AH to a vendor in Orgrimmar all day. Blizzard doesnt care about anything classic related.

you’re right about that. Guess i won’t play tbc for that reason, sad.

It is pvp. And it is griefing. One does not exclude the other.

Pvp happened on a pvp server.

5 Likes

Of coures it does, that’s why i rolled on a pvp server. But this i not pvp, it’s griefing. It also has an easy solution, and reduce the amount of ways ppl can greif in the game. Why not do it?

I’ve literally never had my world buffs dispelled.

Just be smart about it and you can avoid losing them pretty much every time.

It’s pvp, even if you don’t like it.

Fine, it’s pvp. But why allow this type of PVP-griefing in the game?

Why allow corpse camping level 30’s in STV?

It’s part of the game, pve servers exist for a reason if you don’t like it.

3 Likes

Why would you not allow it?

1 Like

Pvp and griefing are not mutually exclusive. Quite the contrary! Usually they’re very tightly linked.

Usually it’s a pack of 60s ganking a lvl 35 in STV for no reason other than just to grief that player. Or a bunch of rogues camping areas where lowbies are likely to go to do their quests. Or a hunter ganking a group that is doing a group quest (say Ring of Blood in TBC). You get the idea.

Dispelling is no different. They dispel someone’s buffs, because they know it pisses them off. So much so that within a day there is a new thread on forums complaining about this.

You’ve made the informed decision to pick a pvp server, so you’re gonna have to deal with all the consequences.

It’s exactly like the fine print on any licence or agreement text: you might not have noticed it, but it was there all along.

1 Like

While that sucks, i have personally never felt like that’s been close to my topic.

If you think this is fun gameplay and don’t want them follow my topic, fine. Agree to disagree.

I know i might be wrong about this. If you think this is fun and should stay in the game, alright.

I think it’s pretty funny when some of my guildmates start raging in voicechat because their buffs got removed. Damn pve bobs, the content is easy enough.
Their anger/grief about the lost buff is delicious content for me, even if i wasn’t the one who did it.
Personally i would not really enjoy being the dispeller myself… it seems time consuming and boring but i am really impressed by the commitment of some people who are doing it so excessive…

People dispelling world buffs is annoying and having to hide to avoid being dispelled in Orgrimmar sucks. (On Bloodfang we have priests dispelling in Orgrimmar every Wednesday. It’s sad, but at the same time you’ve got to admire their dedication)

But should Blizzard do anything about it? No. If dispellers bothered me so much that I’d want the game to change to stop them, then I’d roll on a PVE server. As should everybody else that hates dispellers.

2 Likes

Alternative idea: git gut.

1 Like