Just random: I want to see the ogre empire

I just had a little chat about ogres… and how they are damn near everywhere. No wonder they ruled Draenor with that reproductive rate - all while having kind of indistigushable females.

But more than that, I really like the roman theme. I wouldn’t have given it to ogres, but well, that’s where the empire is. And I would like to see more of the ogre parody version of it. Give it some funny religion, give us slave peoples with quite a lot of institutional power in the empire, give us a marching roman legion!

How we do it in lore? I really don’t care. But I guess the obvious choice would be to meet them fending off Yrel and her radiant super friends. Maybe players can even choose teams there, that would be fun. But really… Lore doesn’t matter anymore, so make it happen, Blizz!

4 Likes

the ogre empire fell before we even entered wod from what i understood and azeroth’s ogres are to stupid to form a empire

Draenor certainly has more than one land mass, so there can always be much more. And didn’t I already say that I don’t care how it’s justified in lore as long as they do it?

I’ll probably die on this hill, but i think Ogres should’ve been introduced as an allied race long before most of the current ones.

1 Like

Really, we have great big, powerful killing machines that can (at least to a relevant part) be outsmarted and directed by a clever child, and at least in some tribes follow whoever defeats their leader… And they haven’t been big players in the last wars on either side? That’s kind of stupid. And the Horde already had them, so they should have been there from the start, really.

But I personally am more interested in the parody of a roman style empire than the ogres themselves.

it was kinda clear from highmaul that any such empire would self destruct the ogres had many problems including rogue members like cho’gal

Nah, that’s just your impression. It worked out fine until the orcs went berserk.

Imagine trying to defend slavery and sensless agression. Ogres and Botani were by far the most agressive forces on Draenor for a damm long time until the demons corrupted the Orcs.

you mean like your beloved Zanadalari didn’t have slaves Jabjan because i clearly remember that questline with zul and his apprentice not to mention they are treating the fallen tribes like less then dirt

heck i remember the guard telling me to kill those poor innocent Armani trolls for the crime of simply existing such a racist empire

Note. AU Ogres Empire and the MU one are both gone and dismantled. It was always a path downwards for them ever sicne. I don’ think Blizzard will focus on that again, now that we are going full cosmology with the main story.

And who do you think did that here? Really, sometimes it would be nice if you actually explained what the heck you were talking about…

Hrm? You said what now?

Yeah. Read again what you quoted and what you wrote. And really read it. Maybe you’ll get how they are entirely disconnected after a few years of contemplation…

“IF those damm Orcs didn’t try to get their freedom from slavery and hadn’t objected to constant attacks from the Ogres, that empire would totally still be around!”

Like, why are you making this sound like a bad thing? It is not like Azeroth would deal differently with their problems if any race gets to expansive.

Yes. That’s true. And not a moral judgement on anything regarding it.

If you get too agressive you get wrecked. The Draenei did the very same thing with the Ogres btw.

And that’s a universal truth? When you’re a 4+ meter high sorcerer? I think I disagree with you on the inevitability there…

But at least you stopped trying to make it about morality when it never was, that’s something learned… for the moment…

1 Like

That was kinda tweaked after WoD and Chronicles.
Ogres were in fact rather intelligent and resourceful.

I’ve said it already, but once you look beyond the awful story handling WoD had, the expansion remains as one of the best and first ones to introduce a more dynamic and immersive world.
And the narrative assets it had, amongst which we had the Ogre nation, are still rather good.

Going back on topic, yeah the societal structure ogres Gad there was great.

And must admit, that I still wonder if those ogres wouldve been a better addition than the Maghar, which could’ve still come lorewise as part of the orc customisation options.

About this part, naga had a similar structure if I’m not mistaken.
And if we were to apply it to any of the playable races, I’d say that the ones that would fit with it most would probably be the Zandalari (even if theirs is still a mix between Roman and mesoamerican cultures).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.