Just returned and would like to switch a class

Been playing DK for a while now, really enjoy the class, but it’s just bad. Frost DK is just dead to me, i don’t even try and play it anymore. I’ve been playing as UH DK but the rotation basically looks like ‘you’re’ playing a piano and the damage output is absolute trash. The average i could pull off was somewhere around 40-50k damage, which is barely anything comparing to other classes. I’ve seen a 350 ilvl DH doing more damage than me, when i had 403 ilvl.

PVP’ing with this class is just not fun at all. The only reason i chose to play this class is because ‘you’ can solo almost anything with it.

But now i came to a realisation that it’s just bad and i would like to switch to something different. I leveled a druid and it turned out to be very boring for me.

What class should i switch to? The most important thing for me is being self-sufficient, because i usually play solo. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

How are you averaging 40K-50K DPS on a 405 anything when Heroic DPS looks like this:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/23/#bracket=2&aggregate=amount&region=2&difficulty=4

and a sim of your character says 18K max:

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/uDP5XvphsdJsTS9Lqt6LGL

Not to mention that FDK is leading the standings and UH is well up there too? OK, UH drops down a lot at higher ilevels

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/23/#bracket=16&aggregate=amount&region=2

But if you want another class, you want another class.

You want to have a tank spec available, because you mostly solo, and want to be self-sufficient, so Rogue is out.

With those criteria, DH is the #1 pick that comes to mind, with Warrior right behind it.

Just an FYI both Frost and UH are good atm.

Unholy especially so in arena.

If you’re averaging that DPS on both Frost/Uh you’re doing something terribly wrong especially during UH burst.

But alas;

Warrior - self sufficient, decent movement - especially compared to a DK. Prot is crazy fun to play and a very fluid tank spec.

Fury has a simple enough play style and offers copious amounts of fun and not to mention dual wielding two 2 handers!

Arms warrior is also fun and setting up for those big executes is extremely satisfying! Though the spec needs some work.

Paladin is possibly the most self sufficient class after Druid. Healer/Tank/DPS.

All three are in ‘okay to great’ spots, with Holy being great in certain PvE environments and good in PvP.

Ret is good in PvP but not the cakewalk most people expect. Still extremely sufficient as you have copious defensives and the self heals :slight_smile:

Prot - Captain America shield throws, nice heals and good defensive options. I can’t vouch for the end game potential as I haven’t really touched prot but as far as I’m aware it’s one of the better options out of tanks.

Lastly Monk.
Same as paladin with trio spec. Excellent mobility and Brewmaster is a fun tank and very unique, MW is also some great fun as a healer and WW makes you feel like the offspring of the flash and Bruce Lee combined into one!

How about Druid ?

Depends which spec.
I never found Feral boring, it was pretty engaging spec while moonkin was awfully boring to me, like most casters are.
Resto druid is doing great and afaik bear is doing fine too.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.