Korthia lags

All I did was leave Keeper’s Respite

Chamber of Aspects here, there is definitely something wrong with this realm. I always get lag in maw/korthia by default - only escape is to change shard by joining group from other realm.

This is with:

• different characters
  • different factions
  • different PCs
  • different addons
  • even different cities and ISPs (I got on holiday)

All other zones are OK, and forcing shard change always put me in lag-free shard no matter how many people are there.

5 Likes

I am also on Chamber of Aspects, and everyone in our guild experiences the same lag in Korthia/The Maw to the point of unplayability despite home and world latency apparently being between 10-50ms (depending on the person).

There is no lag in any other zones, and generally lag improves after midnight–but waiting until then to do dailies isn’t practical when we have work the next day. Guildmates are spread around the UK and Scandinavia, so it’s not tied to a particular geographical location, addon or computer/ISP.

It’s demoralising because we’d all like to spend more time in the new zone but the lag makes it broadly unplayable. For example, it took a group of people over 3 minutes to kill Kroke the Tormented earlier today, purely because of the horrendous lag. Looting can take 10-20 seconds (or sometimes more!). After midnight the lag definitely diminishes, but I am an old woman who needs sleep to function so it’s a definite challenge and doesn’t make me feel positive about paying subs for this game (which I’ve been playing almost without a break since TBC).

6 Likes

As you can see from the responses gathering here it is most definitely server side, and ticketing does nothing but send us back to the forums.

I hosted a tormentors of torghast group the other day and everyone that joined instantly started slating how bad the lag was, with call backs to vanilla lag problems. Clearly other shards don’t have this problem as I can (depending if xrealm friends are on) get into another shard to do quests, and those who come into our shard aren’t used to the level of lag in their own shards.

Just log a character in korthia/the maw and go kill a rare and try to loot it, maybe try using /s, you’ll notice how long everything takes.

At least back in Vanilla when there were problems this rampant we used to get reimbursed with gametime due to unplayable server problems. These days barely even get an acknowledgment of the issue and get told it must be on our end.

1 Like

Only current ingame solution at present (beyond not entering the maw/korthia) is to jump into a random pug and hope they’re in a different shard and won’t kick you out of the group, or to ask someone on your friends list on another server to invite you.

You can get invited to a group by a friend on another realm, have them log off and you won’t get booted and you’ll stay in the shard. It’s been my current workaround but it’s dumb and it relies someone to be online and not in a key/raid/bg who can hop on an alt to group with me.

1 Like

I also have terrible lag on Chamber of Aspects for about a week. Sometimes it’s fine if I group in a different server. This is on all characters, you cannot play a fire mage as you cannot see when you crit. I have done all the trouble shooting, but just ask in chat if anyone else is lagging and see what happens.

4 Likes

Another one on Chamber of Aspects and seeing diabolical lag only in Maw/Korthia this is definitely server side and has been going on since 9.1 launched it really needs fixing asap.

4 Likes

Oh just checking in on this post and yes I am on Chamber of Aspects as well…

4 Likes

Just to confirm, yes, it is only Korthia/Maw, switching to other groups in groupfinder fixes it temporary, people joining a group I made, immediately start complaining about loot/abilities lag, going on for a week or more. Wasn’t CoA server located in a serverpark in Germany ?

2 Likes

Confirming Chamber of Aspects , if you loot the just killed mob it respawns before you get the loot
Very anoying

4 Likes

Played on my horde char om CoA

2 Likes

From Chambers, lag in Korthia is unbearable this week.

Hey Blizz, have you tried turning it off and on again?

3 Likes

Maybe this isn’t the correct place to be asking this question but I can’t imagine anywhere more appropriate as a customer being denied access to a paid service.

What is being done about the lag in Korthia that makes it basically unplayable?

7 Likes

Yep, i wonder the same thing. Blizzard is only such a small indiecompany that can’t afford a decent server ofcourse…

3 Likes

we pay good money for what seems like a very poor service, sadly today ive cancelled my subscription as game is unplayable due to constant lag issues, all my fellow guildies are also suffering plus everyone on our server–simply not on

2 Likes

Seems to be confined to Chamber of Aspects as far as I can tell, but there might be others.
Joining a group for the World Boss with the group finder put me in a shard without lag earlier today.

People have also noted that characters on other realms do not notice the same lag, only characters on Chamber of Aspects.

2 Likes

Feels like servers are under powered heavily.

1 Like

im on ragnaros and korthia is currently unplayable, 5/10 delay to loot things and has been like this for most of the patch. we had the same problem with world bosses since bfa so why keep adding them?

2 Likes

My thread title got renamed … it is no longer “Korthia Garbage Lag” :frowning:

Solution would be very simple. Make instanced World Bosses for Zones like this, just as they did on Argus. The lag is 100% tied to the World Boss. This has been the case for every other Shadowlands Zone at the start of the xpac. As soon as a World Boss was in a certain zone, it became unplayable, especially on Wednesdays.

Of course, they will not admit that and rather tell us that it’s a player problem.

1 Like