Large FPS drop when changing forms - any help?

Hi guys,

Per the title, all of a sudden when I switch between forms (or use my /cancelform macro) my fps is dropping from 120 down to 100. It’s only for a split second but it’s a massive stutter which I’m almost certain wasn’t there before.

I have a pretty high end rig and play at 4k.

Have any other druis had this issue and found a way to resolve it? It’s doing my head in and nothing I’m trying will work! =)

Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Seifer

are u using bigdebuffs?

latest patch are causing cpu spikeing and freezing

h ttps://github.com/jordonwow/bigdebuffs/issues

seem similar to these?

I have that problem aswell and im not sure what’s causing it.

I am using big debuffs yes. Let me try disabling it and see if the issue is still there. I’ll update this thread afterwards.

1 Like

its bigdebuffs and taint on blizz ui code from the changes they did for df

its yet not finished, there is stutters and there is taint on the ui, many addons are malfunctioning and giving lua error

So I tried disabling Big Debuffs just now and the issue is still there. I could try uninstalling it altogether but I highly doubt that would make a difference.

Any other theories? A 20 fps drop every time I switch form is becoming more noticeable and even more annoying!

I had similar issues on my druid, with freezes/fps drops when using different abilities. Turns out it was Details dmg meter that was causing it for me, even if it worked fine on my other characters. I went back to Skada and no issues there

1 Like

Thanks mate. Let me try that and see if it works. It’s such a weird issue - I have a high-end rig and it seems crazy that I can suddenly drop 20 fps and get a micro stutter every time I change form…

I’m also almost positive that I never had this issue throughout all of SL (and I’m always a druid main) and this problem came along with the Dragonflight pre-patch.

P.s. great name! Lol

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.