Late start warrior leveling

Hi!
Just started classic again after 12 years.
Started abit late couse i got a baby when classic came out!

Just made a warrior that im going to play a couple hours a day
Is it faster to just grind or should i quest to like 30 then spam SM to 40 and get some gear.

Any tips on leveling warrior solo?

I made a mix of grinding, questing and dungeons.

My advise is to talent into arms and use dual wield from lvl 20 on forward.
I’ve respeced so many times now that the cost of next respec is 30g now, just to try out different builds (2h arms w/o MS, 2h fury, dw fury w/o BT) and DW arms seems to be optimal. At lvl 40 its worth trying out 2h arms with MS and a strong 2h weapon but seems to do lesser dps singletarget than DW arms with HS spam though cleave dps is insane with 2h arms so you can take down 2 enemies at once.

Overwhelm is your friend with +50% crit chance and it proccs quite often with DW. Get the 5/5 axe crit chance talent if you like and continue with fury talents. It will eventually lead to the standard DW fury build.

So i use 2 one handed axes as orc for warrior?

Yes, from level 20 to at least Level 30. At level 30 you get Slam + class quest for a very powerful 2h Axe (if you have a friend or guildie or some “mercenary” helping you killing that lvl 40 elite and farm the mats from lvl 38 elementars).
It’s kinda OK but Slam gets prolonged cast time when you are taking damage which becomes annoying :slight_smile:

At level 40 you should respec for 1g into 2H arms with MS and give it a try, maybe you like it. I don’t because fury generation is rather low at that level with 2h weapons. However, for Dungeons this is superior.

I can confirm every thing Protogermane said. I did same the testing as he and was actually suprised to how dual wield felt better compared to 2h, even with increased misschance. I will like to add that if you do end up with grinding mobs, stick with “green” mobs. They will die so fast and combined with some spirit on gear, you will have no downtime, no bandages (almost) and no need to eat (definitly).

Mh idk if spirit is a good stat for grinding at all. Ideally you won’t be out of combat that much so there is almost no life reg through spirit.
Agility on the other hand is really nice for crits and fury generation.

Depends on how you want to level your char. One of my alts is a warr and I want to do only dungeons with him. Thus, I have chosen a 1h weapon and a shield, but with Fury spec. I leveled my priest only in dungeons and I never had problems finding a group, so that will not be an issue with the tank, too.

Grats with you’re new guild member.
Let it roll a healer, and you golden.

Hi there.
I would definitely not recommend two one-handed weapons due to the high miss chance of the offhand weapon. My recommendation is to level as fury until level 30, then swap to arms for the sweeping strikes talent.
I would only recommend two-handed weapons with slow speed and highest damage. There is a good two handed staff from a quest in the wailing caverns dungeon. The quest is called “Leaders of the Fang”

Crescent Staff
Binds when picked up

Two-Hand Staff

47 - 71 Damage Speed 2.90

(20.34 damage per second)
+7 Intellect
+7 Stamina
+7 Spirit

Sure the stats are not too interesting but the speed and damage is really good at this level.

The dual-wield hit penalty affects autoattacks from both weapons, not just the off-hand; it’s just the penalty does not apply to special attacks. It’s an important distinction because off-hand weapons deal 50% damage, so it wouldn’t make such a difference.

1 Like

Thanks for the info :smile:

2h is really bad for leveling and only becomes competetive at lvl 30+ with class quest 2h axe reward and the first attack that deals weapon damage + x (Slam). Before that you are literally just autoattacking and HS’ing and this favors dual wield in so many ways.

However, dw arms or dw fury is the question that remains. But in my opinion and also due to testings I’d say early arms the better choice. HS cost reduced, 2 dots that can be applied and almost a guaranteed crit on overwhelm (which proccs quite often with DW) and stance dance is possible.

Just a side note:

In classic fury generation isn’t completely normalized with weapon speed. A hit with a fast 1h wep produces about the same fury as a hit with a slow 2h wep.
My 2h wep has 3.8 speed, 190 max. damage and a normal hit doesn’t even generate enough fury to use the ap shout.

I just hit 60 on my Warrior today. I did every single quest in every zone as well as doing dungeons once. Get herb/mine + skinning and you can get your mount at 40.

Absolutely not my opinion. I can not suggest dual wield at any time while leveling.

Edit: also check Kargoz leveling guide. He also recommends two handed weapons for leveling and this guy made his homework.

1-60-warrior-leveling-guide-by-kargoz
Found on the classic wow live website

There is also a video guide from him on YouTube

Im lvl 21 now and using 2h axe. Mabybe i should tank sfk grind to övl 26 then go quest at hillsbrand?

Done with Barrens already? Also Stonetalon Mountains with another level or two.

Hillsbrad with 25 - 26

There is a very good website called classicwow.live which is really useful and preps you for dungeon quests and your class quests, quick death points where you can res to closer locations and flightpaths… I’ve used it from level 1 and its been a huge help and made my Levelingexperience really fun.

plus its completely free which is always a bonus. I highly recommend it especially if your a Warrior as it encourages you to visit zones and quests which are a couple of levels lower then you and rarely pits you against orange or red quests unless they are simple hand ins along the way.

One tip… trust the guide if you use it haha quite a few times I’ve questioned it and handed stuff in early or not done one and it has come back around to bite me in the a**e.

Happy Leveling :slight_smile:

HI graz with a baby! I don’t had time like you when I’m played on warrior. Try to make a quest which are lower by 1- 2 lvl when you. When your lvl let you going to the SM, don’t waste your time to finding a group. People are lazy, try to make your group and you can select any DPS who don’t claim for your gear.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.