Legion Killed WOW

It only was that big because they literally ditched WoD in favor of legion. Legion had some good things like class halls but the rest of the expansion was really meh

legion was probably the last time i had fun in the open world of wow.

2 Likes

Many xpacs started down that road. Cata with forcing you more into one talent spec first, MoP with making it rows of 3 choices, WoD with the pruning

Some for the better, some for worse yes.

I guess? though Legion was templates for PvP which was bad because they didn’t even give people the choice of secondary stats and made the templates bad for some specs.

Legion with more ‘borrowed power’ and M+ imo where Legion went wrong the most yet it did both better than any iteration of it afterwards as well. The type of Borrowed Power that came from Legion to play during Legion was imo pretty great in a lot of ways but you feel the loss afterwards which makes Borrowed Power forever have a bad taste in for many.

MoP is where things for me, including PvP started going downhill gameplay wise. But, part of what makes so few things enjoyable now is also how the players started playing the game. I wasn’t able to enjoy group content in Classic iterations nearly as much as I used to as a result of that.

Legion’s open world stuff was pretty great. For non-raiders, non-pvpers
 imo was pretty great.

2 Likes

they are bringing it back

you will get

WOLK in 2023

Cata in 2025

MoP in 2027

WoD in 2029

and so on :slight_smile:

you will have plenty of choice then which expansion is you favourite

Kinda turned into a “yes / no” thread but personally I loved Legion and look back on it fondly and not just because WoD had “no content”, I look back on WoD quite fondly too.

The only expansion(s) I dislike are Cata and SL (so far).

2 Likes

Legion I hate with a passion.
Titanforging, nonsensical systems, artificial content locks, intentional broken design with fixes that should’ve been on launch for X.2 / X.3 Patch and classes being reliant on an expansion gimmick to function all which became worse as years progressed.

3 Likes

For me it was WoD. Sure WoD might have had alot of issues but its worldbuilding was pretty good. Legion just felt like alot of zones and retcons stacked onto eachother to make new zones. But all the zones felt so disconnected from eachother to me. And the biggest legion invasion ever only happening on a single isle was kind of weird to me as well

1 Like

I would agree with you even tho i would say that WOD is responsible for killing old wow too
because they scraped stats reforging gems from items introduce speed leech and all these boring stats to the game
yes WOD class design was good and gameplay too
but butchering started there
so everyone who loves the PRE-LEGION/WOD wow is going to have blast in wotlk including me

I really like LEGION
but everything after WOD should be called wow 2 because it has nothing to do with the OLDschool wow

2 Likes

First of all, I think most people use a mop as their TO Go expansion. witch by far had the best class design.

Mages spec was a lot more fun before. deep freeze and Icelans hitting harder than ever. alter time keeping thebuffs.

The core game design is so different now. and one-shotting in arenas faster then 1sec

1 Like
1 Like

Don’t give me HOPE

1 Like

he is correct
did you ever played the OLD rogue?
when you were using backstab and ambush? the sound of that ability was Just so COOL
nowdays it sound horrible :smiley:

2 Likes

I did play the old animations back in mop days but I did not pay attention to it, I prefer innovation and move on with the future rather than being stuck with the past with the old animations. And now I honestly prefer more animations than ever before seeing what our competitors have. Wow is a laughing stock at this point.

2 Likes

Yet it’s funny that wow is going down because of this INNOVATION they are trying to force on people :smiley:
but ye we need more because our COMPETITORS.

Why would you link that trash player? Yes i owned him everytime when he tried to gank me at isle.

legion was actually the best expansion you dummy

thew problem here is Blizzard being lazy company and sitting on laures, they did worst mistake by copy bfa and sl expansions

same systems same patterns
nothing new nothing creative other than zones

your topic is invalid on so many levels mister pos wotlk fanboy

1 Like

Lol, I guess you never played pre-legion. Legions changes so much it is crazy. they introduced everything that is bad in the game right now. and that is super sad I think because then you never got to experience the good days of wow. PS my fav expansion is MOP not WOTLK

2 Likes

Thats your personal opinion. I personally see legion as one of my least favorite expansions. WoD had for more potential to be great if it wasnt ditched for the sake of legion. And despite that legion did not even feel that great. Excluding suramar, suramar was well designed and fun to be in

3 Likes

I believe a fair few Acti-Blizz developers left shortly after Legion, It was kind of a farewell present to the community after the failure of WoD.

Most players look at Legion in a positive light, looks like the real talent left and we got BFA and SL which smacks of mobile gaming lite.

1 Like

yes legion made every spec the same, build X with zero dmg abilities, use X for big dmg ability. But game was trash before too