Let characters join an extra guild! (Two in total per character)

As me and many others might be aware of, a lot of the social and more casual guilds out there that mainly focused on Karazhan as it is a 10-man and much easier to fill a regular roster with between friend groups without the need for active recruitment.

Changing the social fabric of the guild only to not be soft-locked on T4 content isn’t appealing to many in a similar situation to mine (don’t fix what isn’t broken, many guilds have developed very friendly and positive atmospheres and want to keep its culture that way.)

If I could do both, keep the social guild and join a raiding guild (possibly with lots of members from my guild) it could bring server cooperation and some sense of getting to keep the cake and eating it too.

I play TBCC for the social aspect, but what is one to do when I found a perfect match guild-wise but is for the moment soft-locked from content beyond T4? Playing Karazhan for the n-th time or standing in Shattrath and just hanging out won’t last for very long.

1 Like

Just join the raid guild and make an in-game channel and a Discord server for your social guild?

6 Likes

That doesn’t seem right to me. I see more smaller guilds struggling, I’m sure that if it was as easy as creating an in-game channel more would have done it already.

My playstyle has always been social first, raiding second. For smaller guilds pugs bring a lot of drawbacks, and allowing smaller guilds to cooperate here and there I think could benefit the game over all because of fewer and fewer people bother with the world in general or even dungeons.

It’s not that it’s not technically possible to “just” create a new chat channel, but that the mechanics surrounding how guilds function inside the game creates specific cultures in different guilds. Cultivating a social group is in a way also a challenge as people need to be on a similar wavelength, and there being a barrier to entry or the risk of punishment of being gkicked carries with it a different dimension of responsibility and expectations towards others within the guild.

On some servers pugs exists. Not regular pugs, more like those who drive you to a discord and actually raid seriously and you sign up for it. It’s no different than a guild progression raid with the same people over and over. If your server has that then you should make use of that as you don’t need a new guild for it.

Id say disband all guilds and just create a single mega guild for each server, problems solved.
But ppl are power hungry, greedy and want to exerct influence and control over raiding, loot and other such things so this will never hapen sadly.

Yes, basically that in a guild format. As I’ve already argued in this thread, there is a reason that people tend to go for guild exclusive raids whenever possible, and being able to join two would make this process easier.

i have no guild now so i will have -2 guilds?

I’m pretty sure thats a thing blizzard will never consider, esp with tools like discord out there.

So, you want to progress in t5, but at the same time keep social connection with more casual players, that do not want to raid in t5, right? You know the most players in your current guild do not qualify entery conditions that t5 guild is offering you raid spot(s) for. And at the same time you or any oficcer in you current guild lack knowledge or will to organise t5 raid from 3-4 Karazhan groups?

Well the best solution is talking to your guild leader, explaining the situation and leaving some alt in your social guild. Sometimes guild leaders are suspicious about crossreqruiting and kick alts of thouse, who has no main in guild. If your old GM sees no problem in that you can visit them time to time and focus on raiding with your new guild, while keeping contact via discord.

Play with people both in and not in your guild instead of wanting to be able to be in multiple guilds. Why do you think you cant do social stuff with mates who are not raiding?

As a raiding guild with 2x 25 teams - we are no longer running 6-8 weekly Kara group and 2x 25s for Mag and Gruul. We now run 1-2 Kara’s for mains who were unlucky and alts etc and 1x 25 Mag and gruul - again for those unlucky and alts. At the business end we run 2x 25 man teams in TK and SSC.

That means I can run Kara, Mag, Gruul and HCs all week with friends cross guild or in PUGs. I have played clasic sine launch an so have many friends in game spanning several guilds and we do non-guid-raid stuff all week! However when it comes to active raid progression - we all go off and do this in the guilds teams we have found our places.

This coexists fine without needing to be able to be in more than 1 guild!

2 guilds per char? Man… This community is getting ridiculous…

The issue is that we’d be looking at some form of guild merge or cooperation. Recruiting on Zandalar horde side is difficult as it is already. A more casual approach isn’t the same as a lack of interest.

Starting in Wrath, raids became playable in 10-man and 25-man versions which alleviated some of these issues where a lot of players in original TBC never saw all the raid content. I don’t think that a rebalancing for 10-man in TBCC makes sense, but helping bridge issues with game design could do quite a lot.

Mergin is a welcomed solution, as long as people understand that noone will boost them simply because they will be in the same guild. Yes raid members can help here and there, organise some T4 with or w/o PUGs, but actual content requires effort and if player doesn’t show any why should guild help him in the first place?

lets character join extra faction, with HvH it does not matter.

How about just giving us equal racials, eh?

All this Horde hype will die itself as long as racial balance would be solved.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.