Let PvPers play PvP in Shadowlands

If you play only PvP then why do you even play this game? There are plenty of other multiplayer pvp oriented games so if you only wanna compete with others there are options. Don’t get me wrong, I love and enjoy in PvP, but let’s be real… PvP is less than 5% of all content in this game. So no matter how much I respect those who only loves to PvP and those who PvE, I personally wouldn’t like to see “WoD” again, as well as this system now. The only solution to satisfy PvPers to absolutely and only play PvP is to make separate game where you can only play arenas and RBGs, but that’s just stupid.

And you post me a link of discussion that merely stopped after the announce of the PvP vendor.

I expected you posted Fact and not Discussion from you.

That is the post you have written. You posted like OP does : you are based on BFA system when you speak about shadowland.

I gonna post 2 link :

1 is about the PvP vendor article in the shadowland alpha :

and the other one is the encounter journal that show what item drop in the dungeon of shadowlands that show what PvE gear will drop :

So what is showing the encounter journal that show PvE item :

• Seems that Normal difficulty is at 110 ilevel.
  • For a heroic dungeon like “De Other Side” drop item like 155 ilevel items.

Now let’s have a look on PvP vendor what does he have to offer :

• The unranked Gear is ilevel 175 and is upgradable
  • The ranked Gear is ilevel 195 and is upgradable too.

So that mean that if “De Other Side” is a heroic dungeon and is 155 ilevel. We know that for Mythic Difficulty it will be 175 ilevel on M+0.

And so the unranked gear (rank 1) will be equal to M+0.

Now they can add any rank to make it equal to M+ systems, like for example :

If each M+ level give +5 ilevel,

Then for each rank of item level it give +5 ilevel.

That how it may be balance

This arguments spoke about Shadowland with Shadowlands fact on the Alpha.

This is what i asked about source and why i saw the OP was based on BFA gearing systems and not Shadowlands systems.

When you make a topic, you have to show the source of what you are based on to show physically what already shown in game and then you explain your point of views.

And not to be based on BFA gearing and complain that in the name of Shadowland when it’s BFA systems.

Was it hard ?
and

When you start a topic, you have to make thing before :

• Checking if an another topic is not already open : in fact Forums WoW ask to do not have multiple topic.
  • Make some research to confirm yourself of what you are speaking , to avoid that kind of orc : https://youtu.be/LO53UmBIxc0?t=98
1 Like

well pvp population was higher in previous expansions people just left because the game became very bad

4 Likes

A lot of ppl like to PvP I agree, but it’s less and less content each expansion. You have arenas, bg’s and good wpvp because of quest rewards, and that’s pretty much it today. They added assaults as PVP, but actually, they are PvE. So lack of content and lack of non-instanced PVP events gives PVP less and less importance in future.

I dont know what that is if it exists, or not lol

The blues, you can get the full blue set now in skirmishes.
The vendor worded differently though past from blues.

I am, they whine now for the things the had back then and they still whined for.

Pvp players no matter what will always whine.

1 Like

Even humans ran 2pvp trinkets for the bonus, obviously they didn’t wear medallions but the on-use one and the proc one.

This is what OP and a lot of pvp players would like to avoid :slight_smile: we would like to have a choice.

Sorry, my english is limited as it is my second language and even though I use it daily I use it for work.
I was talking about the first half year of Wod where pvp bots were ruining arena games from low cr to the very top and the further it was ignored by Blizzard the more bots appeared in the game.
After a while Blizzard lost a lawsuit against the founder of this bot if I remember correctly and the next day a banwave happened.
What I wanted to say with this is you as a pve player might not notice problems, it does not mean the game is flawless and calling out on a problem like that doesnt automatically make pvp players crybabies, now it depends on you if you’re able to understand it or not.

1 Like

Its ok, same thing goes for me!

Makes sense then, i started WoW during BRF so i missed it.

I started playing PVE in HFC, then i remain to it.
It took me a few months to realize how RM-X works in this game so there was no point for me to even bother further with pvp :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But that’s just how this game works. As I said, the only way to change is to make a separate game/game mode for just PvP, but no, it’s not possible and it would be wrong. Only thing I could think of is to make PvP gear usable only in arenas and battlegrounds because they are instanced (could be good for people who are very competitive and don’t wanna waste time doing PvE and other content whatsoever). If you wanna be part of the world, and anything related outside of arenas, bgs, you’ll have to relly on PvE gear (because… you know… you are in the world, no ratings, just killing for fun, quests etc so you don’t need PvP gear… And that only would be fair.

This isn’t actually true. Since when did quantity imply quality? You may have less than a tenth of the content available for PvP that you otherwise have for PvE, but what does that matter if you end up playing that part of the game far more anyway? By that logic you should also let Pet Battles carry some weight in tipping the scales against PvP and how is that even relevant? It’s not. Just because there’s such a small amount of people who cares about Pet Battles, didn’t prompt Blizzard to double down on cutting progression within Pet Battles. Why should PvP be any different?

We’ve had PvP vendors since Classic and they were made even more accessible to the masses as of TBC. This was only changed as of WoD where RNG suddenly became prevalent. Legion omitted PvP progression almost entirely and BfA is even worse, unless you’re at the top level.

You don’t actually get to objectively say whether this is a PvE, PvP or a Pet battle game for that matter: That’s a subjective stance.

2 Likes

Basic goal of every MMORPG is to kill monsters with group op people that is PvE activity. Everything else is secondary and PvP along with pet battles can be removed from this game without any bigger impact.

PvP is fun~ I am gladly participating in Epic Battlegrounds but dont overestimate its importance to game and developers themselves. Be glad thats its treated better than pet battles.

Again, you’re wrong. It’s not secondary just because you say so.
That’s fine that you think so, but to say it as though it’s objectively true is not correct. Again, fact is we have had plenty of options for progression in PvP, within PvP, but here we are, regressed and removed.

Why would you oppose this for any other reason than to be spiteful? What is taken from you if PvP players are made happy?

2 Likes

Err, what?
The base concept for an MMORPG is to have people create characters on a big server that can host a lot of clients simultaneously.

How the game treats progress and/or activity can vary wildly. Full PvP MMORPG is absolutely a thing that could exist without conflicting with the intended genre.

Also on another note, PvP and PvE gearing progress should absolutely be separated into their own things. Some intertwining between the 2 should exist, but PvP gear should never be de facto bis gear at endgame PvE, and PvE gear should never be that for PvP.

The 2 modes just work so differently progress-wise, and having it be balanced and fair for everyone is, imo, impossible.

3 Likes

It does not exist tho and WoW will never bow to players that want this.

It is secondary and you saying that I am wrong will not change it.

I am happy with current system

I don’t even want a “full pvp” game out of WoW, so that’s fine by me.

I want PvP and PvE have separated paths of gear progression because fairness is impossible to achieve in a conjoined system.
It’s been done before, and it was a good system back then, so it’s not even a radical or unprecedented thing to wish for.

4 Likes

It was a bad system and I dont want it to return~
I dont want to farm two sets to play this game and fortunately to me Ion dont want to do that as well :roll_eyes:

PvP stat to murder people for free before they will find some expertise items pff~ fun as hell

Good for me that noone listens to you

It wasn’t. It injected a degree of fairness in the game that the current system cannot accomplish.

Also, back in MoP and WoD the amount of “effort” you had to put into getting your full PvP set was really not that huge, so it’s not like you had to put ungodly amount of hours to get your “second set of gear”, and in MoP you didn’t even need PvP gear to do well in wpvp, it was only really needed for instanced pvp content.

Oh and you could even spend your pve tokens to get high-end PvP gear iirc, so there really was no real downside to it.

5 Likes

What if you are just assuming things, since pvp gear is not even implemented in the alpha?

The person I replied to was assuming that PvP vendors will fix the current PvP fiasco. I’m just showing a scenario where it would not fix anything.

Hey, posted in the same topic the link of the PvP vendor at oribos.

i relink again for you what PvP vendor at Oribos in Shadowland Alpha has to offer :

No I wont. When Im fully geared for PvP I enjoy PvP until next expansions prepatch breaks it again. Every single PvPer I used to know quit WoW when PvP gear was removed and PvE became dominant.

If I can get PvP pieces from PvP in Shadowlands thats fine. If I get to upgrade them via PvP token system that matches to current PvE Tier in equal strenght its good. But if PvE still remains stronger Im simply not going to play.

Resilience is gone from the game and damage is halved in PvP. Wether that is a good thing remains to be seen. Right now there is too much HP and auto-proc-damage-healing-shields.

5 Likes