Let us be honest, the PvP is abysmal; A rant

It seems like you’re getting butt-mad, since your post is incomprehensible.

I would believe the ‘profgession’ BS if wasn’t for the fact that the vast majority of players don’t seem to wish to progress themselves, instead they roll 10 man premades and still linger in random BG’s, surely progression from random, entry level BG’s, would be to move to rated and not look back.

2 Likes

Most people disliked not being able to tune secondary stats…outside of that it wasnt completely wrong. 1% per 10ilvl and conduits/soulbinds seems like healthy power difference. But poeple want to smash noobs in bgs thats signature wow feature so …

3 Likes

Gearing is kinda hard, and gear seems to make a huge difference now,
I just started this monk, lvled it to 60 last week, tried to gear it a bit through bg’s, tried arena at like ilvl 190, and it was not fun, I had trouble reaching 1400, in past expansions, no matter what class I played, I’m not amazing, but always around 1.8k to 2k atleast,
now I just get blown up by ppl in literally 1 second by some classes, seems impossible to counter with no gear, yet to get gear I need rating, and that rating seems pretty hard to get since almost everyone I play against at this low rating has like 35k to almost 40k hp, so theyre pretty geared, and mythic+ seems like a huge waste of time, I didnt get any loot for like 10 runs, got a belt traded to me, but that’s it.

So for players that just started and want to gear up, bg’s then arena, seems pretty hard, since gear seems to make such a big difference, or maybe it has nothing to do with that and I’m just pretty bad and a 1400 player all of a sudden.

2 Likes

It really is time to separate the 2, PvE should not be viable in PvP and vice versa. I am getting tired of being rofflestomped by PvE geared "hero’s " that only come to PvP, because of gear, not because of skill.

Templates weren’t all that, but right now, i would kill for templates back. So we have equality, not this PvE fest.

3 Likes

it tells you all you need to know about the type of player when they need to be massively outgear you, you know they types, the ones that will enable god mode or infinite lives in other games, then brag to their mates about how they owned the game.

2 Likes

Compared to mop or cata it is terrible. Being better than bfa and legion is no achievement. I´m not even sure it´s better than legion though.

1 Like

The solution would be something akin to an MMR scaling. So if you’re really high ilvl gear and is faffing about in MMR 1400-1599 then instead of whatever high ilvl on your gear it’ll be scaled down to 207.

Just had one Paladin solo three people who could do nothing to stop him as he came in with insane gear. This has to stop. If gear scaled down to the MMR PvP would be more about skill, it would mean less if people got high gear from other sources as that would be scaled down as well, and they’d still be able to do things out in the open world since there their gear would still be of the ilvl for sure. It would just be curbed in rated PvP, as it should.

2 Likes

Please no templates, if anything was to change I’d want to remove versatility and return resistance to pvp gear, why ? Because I personally felt it was more fun and flexible during wod (I know … I’m dying inside putting wod and fun in the same sentence too) to be able to change my stats based on talent builds or kinda pvp I was doing, I’m doing double dps warlock 2s as demo ? Okay well I need better survival I’ll drop the mastery crit gear for haste crit so my drain life ticks are faster, doing 3v3 demo/frostmage/heal, I’ll go mastery/crit for bigger meta nukes, I genuinely loved the fact I had two stats I could pick for pvp because now - really you just have one since versa is just “pvp stat” that isn’t really a choice

Templates were never good though, because a number of builds different specs can run (off meta included) get more value from one stat to the other so being creative with your builds was really hindered by templates. They just sucked , legion However had other things that were amazing so its forgivable expansion due to just being really immersive

ahaha, funy, yeah.

I think the best solution to fix PvP is a -90% nerf to all damage. MMR scaling in BGs is just going to create endless queues.

They can work if properly tweaked and allowing people to choose their own stats.

You mean “endless queues” for Horde. And I’m okay with that. That’s a consequence of people overwhelmingly congregating in that faction in part to get the benefits of being Horde. When everything is equal the racials make the difference.

Actions have consequences and this should just be seen as one. Ian Kompetentoss will most likely see it differently and make it so that there are no consequences for being fair-weather.

Wod was great for pvpers. 0 pve needed.No content? Yeah great no need to farm crap pve systems like ap, artifact, essences,cloak, corruption, covenant story, soulbinds,.

3 Likes

Same.
I’d spam bg’s consistently.

Now I log on for a few bg’s, get pulverised with no way of hitting back, then log-off & wonder why I still sub.

3 Likes

Have played maybe 5 BG’s now in a week and a bit, didn’t bother with trying to cap last week as pretty much every game was premades. Same again this week, just logged on there, 1st game 9/10 Archimonde premade full of very highly geared FOTMs… instant /AFK, may log tomorrow, may not… beyond really caring any more, game is crap and has been for years, just reached the pinnacle of crapness lately.

2 Likes

Try low lvl bracket its okayish. Party sync is still problem but as alliance you dont care since abusers of party sync ussually playing mercenary. Also you will get like 3% xp for win so plenty of time …also you will be honor capped as you dinged. Ques are 2mins for alliance and like 5-8 for horde.

You can play as merc even as lvl 50.

2 Likes

Thanks. Yeh I’m taking a few alts through 50-59 & enjoying it. It’s not as psychologically punishing, because I’m still getting to grips with different specs & spells, so I don’t expect to have the same impact as I would (should) on my main.
Gonna suck to ding 60 though, but atleast I can get a PvP fix for now :+1:t3:

3 Likes

I have like 20 days of sub going(forget to unsub for 2 months haha) so im exping alt shaman and its so nice to just que for bgs and not having to do all this crap going on max lvl.

When I gear up my alts in PvP, I usually just queue epic battlegrounds. Why? Because my low gear level matters less. Sure, you will still be a detriment when it comes to team fights, but at least there’s a chance that some of your teammates higher gear level or skill level will carry the day.

And outside of the teamfights, you can still contribute greatly by playing the objectives. The glaives, tanks, cannons, etc. all does the same damage no matter who drives them after all.
Remember… The tank is your friend. The tank doesn’t care about your ilvl. The tank doesn’t judge your skill. All the tank wants, is for you to step on the gas pedal and it will take care of the rest.

In any case, that’s how I keep my mood up, as I gear up my low geared toons. :slight_smile:

Lol

Most idiotic response I’ve ever read.

Just imagine playing a GAME for fun to join a BG and just be farmed by someone who is capable of spending days playing to get the best gear. Just imagine you’ve only got an hour or two a night to spend and you’re up against someone who plays for days in a row.

Imagine you’re a low league footballer and you’re put against high league football players every game. I’m sure you’d soon want to give up because it’s not fun LOSING ALL THE TIME. Screw elitism and bring on inclusion.