Let's make it an interview #3

(Not my country or my question, but I kinda wanna see Malfurion in charge of Brazil. Just because Amazon.)

Question: How would you solve the problems of the Horde?

"Killing Sylvanas is part of it, but that won’t solve the problem. The war is too popular, the propaganda too pervasive, and if we get it wrong she’ll just become a martyr. Before she dies, she has to be discredited. We need to wage campaigns of information, stoke the flames of rebellion, make the Horde hate her before she dies her final death.

"The new allies are likely the easiest to turn. The Nightborne just got out from under one tyrant, it won’t be hard to get them lined up against another. Mayla Highmountain already has her doubts, according to our intel. And Princess Talanji might still be mad about her father’s death, but she’s no fool. She knows what the Banshee Queen is. We, uh, still have to deal with that father’s death thing, though.

"Rumor has it Lor’themar isn’t any happier about this war or the maniac running it, but it enjoys more support from the Silvermoon populace. I know my people; we can change their minds.

"The Forsaken have been conditioned to worship the Banshee Queen from day one. The more recent ones especially so; they used to at least offer a choice and espouse the ‘free will’ element, but they’ve abandoned all subtlety the past few years. There are some dissenters, but their reach isn’t great. It might still be possible to turn the Undercity against Sylvanas, but it won’t be easy.

"The Tauren are fed up already. Baine Bloodhoof arrested for an act of honor and morality? Pending his probable execution? I’ve heard some Tauren calling for a withdrawal from the Horde, or at least the threat of it, and we haven’t even started our propaganda campaign.

"The Darkspear Trolls are glad to be reunited with the Zandalari, but they remember the Darkspear Rebellion, and the tyrant it was against, and it’s hard to convince them that this is what Vol’jin wanted. Shouldn’t be hard to scare up some support.

"The Orcs are harder to work with. They’ve been a divided people for a long time, and some still think Garrosh should’ve never been cast down. Needless to say, Sylvanas has a lot of support in Orgrimmar. The newly-arrived Mag’har are much the same, some see echoes of the Iron Horde and the pain it brought, some see echoes of the Iron Horde and the glory it nearly achieved. Go figure. Turning Orc against Orc isn’t hard on principle, but we will need to make them forget about the Alliance first.

"I’ve never met a Pandaren who loved carnage and atrocity for its own sake, and the Huojin are no exception. They’re few, scattered, and only nominally have anything resembling a leader, but their support may be vital to the rebellion once it gets off the ground. They definitely remember Garrosh.

"As for the Goblins… This might be even harder than with the Forsaken. They might joke about their ‘glorious leader’ and his many chins, but this war has everything they love: Destruction, exploitation, and lots of profit, and in that regard he represents them perfectly. Winning the support of the Steamwheedle Cartel might not be possible. Not unless some mogul shows up on the scene who can really challenge Gallywix, and who sees the long-term damage being done. Then we could support that one covertly and get some regime change going.

“It’s not a pretty picture, but we might be able to turn the Horde on itself. Better still if they’re the ones who kill Sylvanas, it would only galvanize her supporters to turn their attentions away from the Alliance. I’ll be frank: This civil war could end with much of the Horde dead and the remainder severely depleted. I’d rather avoid that, personally. A reformed Horde is better than a dead one. But it’s the most effective way to remove the worst elements from play.”

Question: What problems would you say the Alliance has, and how would you solve them? (Note: Answers like “It exists” and “It isn’t the Horde” are not acceptable.)

1 Like

I first and foremost believe in the prosperity of my own race, the humans, above all else. That being said, I think that humans in general are at the core at some of the problems that the Alliance have right now. I’ve already exposed the Wyrnn lineage in recent years as being weak in terms of leadership, and quite frankly, I wish Jaina would run the Alliance, or Greymane if I had to go for a non-human. There is, however, another issue I have.

The historical head honchos of the Horde, the orcs, are starting to use more and more firearms, though these was likely mooched of the goblins. The orcs in the Iron Horde were able to industrialise very well, and I think it’s rather disgraceful that we’re being out-industrialised by those savages. We send our men and women to charge at them with the same old military tactics and technology since I was born, in spite of the fact that they are larger than us in size and may soon have better military technology.

The gnomes and the dwarves are doing very well in this front. A mighty tauren can be taken down by a tiny gnome if the gnome has the right equipment. I believe that the other races need to invest and start pulling our weight before we lose our technological edge to the Horde.

Teaching people to be mages or priests can take a very long time, to which I can personally attest to, but a good technological device that can be designed to be user friendly can make someone a deadly force on the battlefield with mere weeks of training.

It is clear that the humans and elves can no longer just solely rely on the gnomes and dwarves to do all the work here. It’s not fair on them either, so we need to all pull together on this front to ensure that we keep and widen our technological edge on the battlefield. It’s a tragedy that many good soldiers have been lost due to being poorly equipped!

Question: I heard this N’zoth fellow is making moves. Over time, I’d say the Alliance has suffered more at the hands of the Horde than even the Burning Legion. Look at the ground we’ve lost! The Burning Legion wasn’t able to pull that off! Do you really think it’s worth a ceasefire for our Battle for Azeroth wink to deal with them and the Naga, who haven’t proven to be a major threat yet?

Do i believe we shoud pretend we won and forgive the horde like we did at the siege of ogrimar to prevent the horde from wiping us out? We have never defeated the horde. They always fell to infighting. I fear we have no choice if we want to survive for a few more years then to get a cease fire againt a none existing thread. The old gods are just a story to scare the kids to bed after all.

question What must the alliance do the ensure the horde can never threaten it again without wiping out the horde race’s.

"The Horde needs a change in leadership at least. I think the current leadership of the Horde stands in the way of a lasting peace. The differences between the peoples of the Horde and us shouldn’t be impossible to overcome, except maybe those with the Forsaken. I’m not sure about them.

My people, the Dark Iron, have been at odds with our cousins of Ironforge for the longest time and now we work together towards a common goal. It shouldn’t be impossible to achieve the same with, say, the Tauren or the Orcs."

Question: When was the last time you feared for your life?

“So right I’m on a boat, which is already like not a great start on account of I can’t swim, and anyway I’m trying to read my romance novel and eat a bag of candied nuts I’ve got and ignore the horrifying truth that I’m on a boat and this dwarf guy comes up to me and starts telling me this like very dumb shaggy dog story about the time he lost his ram.
I don’t really remember the story because honestly I was just nodding along to be polite but what I reckon what woulda been halfway through the dumb ram story the dwarf starts honking like he’s in some serious pain and it gives me a right start so I inhale one of the candied nuts and I start choking. Dwarf pays no heed to my obvious distress for what felt like a thousand years and only helps me once I’ve turned a startling shade of purple. Jerk.”

Q: If you could kill one person and completely take over their life who would it be?

1 Like

Anduin.
It is a great price to pay but if i have to be human(or atleast pretend to be, depending on how i take over there lives) in order to lead the alliance to victory over the horde then i will do it.
As much as i despise our “allies” they can still be of use.
But aslong anduin is in charge they will not unleash there full might.

Question Lets say that by some unholy miracle the horde manage to conquer the alliance and enslaved them.

What would you do?

Question: If the Horde managed to conquer and enslave the Alliance, what would you do?

"Begin the infiltration, of course. ‘Conquest’ is never as one-and-done as some people like to think. A population that was defeated militarily and overrun could be in active rebellion for a very, very long time - even for generations. Insurrection, negotiation, the constant back-and-forth, it’s all very murky and nuanced, there’s a lot of shadows, and I thrive in those shadows.

“Since the circumstances are too vague right now to form a real plan, I’ll spare you my usual long-winded strategic breakdown. The short version is that the Alliance will not be held for long, and I can make sure the people holding the chains find their wrists suddenly slit at the worst possible time.”

Question: So the enemy is beaten and your faction has won the war. Now what? How do you deal with the defeated population? Their civilians number in the hundreds of thousands. How will you enforce your edicts?

1 Like

“Burn them. Burn them all.”

She chuckles:

“Or at least, that was the policy of dealing with the Amani trolls back in the good old days when I did some community service on the border patrol in-between my magical studies. But that would of course be unreasonable in every instance, I concur. Suramar, and my brothers and sisters in Silvermoon; despite their foolishness; deserve a second chance I think. Perhaps even the tauren.”

She pauses and thinks for a moment.

" … but when it comes to the Orcs, the Trolls or even the undead; I would give them to the fire. History has taught us that there are some races that will just never mesh together. It would be nothing personal, of course; just good peace making policy."

Question: The Night Elves have suffered a near constant string of humiliating military fiascoes since the third war. You have been brought in as a military adviser to help the Keldorei fix their war machine. Explain how you would turn them into a competent military force.

1 Like

For starters i would tell them to stop relying on malfurion and tyranda to carry them.
Then i would suggest they play oo there strenghts.
Stealth, Moblite and ruthlessness.

Stealth: Ambushing and sneaking is what night elves have been mastering for thousents of years.
Forsake the idea of face to face warfare like the humans would have you do.
If your enemy can see you, you are dead.
If they cant, Then there dead.

Mobility:
Night elves are fast.
We have many druids that can double as mounts aswhile as heal our wounded and have the land feed us.
We are a very moble force that can live of whatever land we are attacking.
We shoud be able to keep outmanuevering the horde with relative ease.

Ruthlessness.
We arent light worshiping humans who believe our enemies need saving.
We are keldorai.
Enemies shoud hear our name and tremble is fear.
For too long we have shown mercy and all it did was cost us.
We need to return to our elune given roots.

Our strenghts will allow us to sneak into horde lands and destroy there towns and villiage’s.
We lost our home.
We will make the horde lose there’s.
And when the horde is tired of chasing us, Starved because we destroyed there infastructure, including farms and ore mine’s needed for weapons and unable to put up a fight?
We will hit them like lighting from a cloudless sky.
And we will put every last one of them to the arrow, claw or glade.

When we are done with the horde my fellow kelorai there will be nobody left on azaroth who will want to test our wraith.
After what we will do to the horde even our “allies” will speak our name in dread.

We must return to what made us strong.
Our devotion to elune and our vengence against her foes.
We must be like elune.
Merciful and kind during peace.
And compleetly ruthless and merciless during war.

Question:
Sylvanas Challange’s Saurefang to a orc-honor-dual-thingy weapons only in front of the entire horde.
Would you still follow him if he refused?
Would you admire sylvanas for forcing him into a situation where he must accept or admit to everyone he is a hypocrit?
Or if your alliance.
How would you react if tyrande and malfurion started murdering everyone in the horde inlcuding woman and childeren.

Dear Elune, no!
I never followed that murderous undead filth!
Our membership is the result of a moment of temporary insanity of the First Arcanist. We are withdrawing quietly, trust me, of the maters of this ragtag band of misfits and murderers. And Trolls.
Nor we following some blood-soaked war veteran and interstellar refugee of a dead world, thank you. As I said, fewer and fewer Shal’Dorei are on the fields risking their life. Just look around, we are not going to die for some strange sense of “honor” of an invading monster nor to fuel the undead army of the Lich Queen
Don’t be surprised if the Sin’Dorei will come with us… and the Taurens.
I don’t really care about the greenskin invaders’ so-called honor and rituals…
Not to mention, that corpse-thing would cheat anyway, and/or her lapdog I’m sure just shoot Saurfang in the back to save his beloved leader, removing the problem entirely

Now, I know I’m not an Aliance member, but I will answer anyway
I would say: who would have guessed, they find their inner Highborne and finally done something for their race and Azeroth.
We would immediately rise the shield of Suramar and watch the bloodbath from safety and mourn the Sin’Dorei. And maybe the Tauren. But all and all, Azeroth would be better without the Horde’s filth
Oh, and I would hope the Kaldorei, after finding their spine and balls and destroyed the Horde, would continnue with the humans, gnomes and everyone who is not Us…
Come now,; don’t tell me you’d object to a little genocide in the name of self-defense!

Question: would you help to create a New Well of Eternity? Be it gathered liquid Azerite or from a vial of water from the original, would you help the Shal/Kal/Ren/Sin/Fal/Quel’Dorei (choose one or more if you would help) to re-create the Well to use it… for noble things. Like saving the World. Yes or no, tell us, why? And wich one?

"Most definitely no. Even without the threat of the Legion using it against us, we have azerite already, we don’t need something else for our rulers to argue and fight over. "

“I’m sure the next world ending threat will arrive soon, as it always does, then we’ll have a break from the war, defeat it, then go back to killing each other. Another Well of Eternity would be nothing more than a second Azerite. An excuse to kill each other.”

Question:
If you could ask three things from your faction leader that they would have to, without a fail grant you, what would you ask?
Anwsers such as “their throne” or “all their gold” do not qualify.

“No more holding back, because -she- won’t. Just because we might have the moral right of it doesn’t mean we’ll win the war. If you can’t handle that, Anduin, pass the crown to someone who can.”

Dangerbeard pauses for a moment.

"Don’t even think about placing the damned thing on my head, by the way.

Question: Which rule will you never break?

“I will never let my animal companions suffer.”

Teknetia stares down at Bowser and pets his head

“My animals are more than just companions to me… they are my family. We fight together as one and if the day came that a battle meant that living would… that… meant that they would suffer…”

Teknetia places a fist over his mouth, surprised by the sudden flood of emotion flowing through him

“I just wouldn’t let it happen.”

Question: You can have any artifact weapon from any other class. Which one do you pick and why?

“Felo’melorn,” Kaeimar states, without hesitation. “That runeblade is a formidable weapon in its own right. But more than that? It is a symbol of my people. It has been borne by the King’s of the Eternal Realm since before many of the younger races were taking their first bumbling steps in the mud. And it deserves to return to its rightful home.”

The knight leans back in his chair, brow furrowed. “The fact that it may have lost its power is irrelevant. It is as much a status symbol as it is a weapon.”

Question: If - with the blessing of the Bronze Flight - you could turn back time and prevent one singular event from occurring, what would it be and why?

1 Like

The Elf soared lightly in the night sky, it was surreal to him to see Quel’thalas as it had been for most of his life, even more surreal to think the Bronze Dragonflight would have granted him this chance, this chance….

To Put Things Right.

No Scar marred it, it teemed with life, small hamlets and enclaves filled with people, he knew, all too soon, most of those people would be wailing, and fleeing as refugees…

Those that survived…

He could put it right, for just such a small price, in the scale of the misery that would ensue. Quel’thalas would remain strong, he would never lose his younger sister, Kayrissa, to becoming Wretched, he would never have lost Raycheyall, and the child in her belly, Durovante, when the Exile happened, for there would be No Exile… No Exile meant they would not have lived in Theramore, when a mad tyrant destroyed it all in an arcane blue haze, He just had to weigh it up, you see…Sparkles of light trailed Sunspear’s wings…he should, the Gold Dragonflight having sent them both back… He should…not be here any more than Brigante should, Whilst Brigante had flown in these fateful days, it had been Sunspear’s Grandsire he had flown, Time plays tricks on us all…

A Strong Quel’thalas, meant that the Alliance, and its friendly powers would stymie Arthas’s madness that was reported from Lordaeron, Kil’jaeden would have never had his foothold, there would have been no frozen madness of slaying and bludgeoning, the blood on the snow in Northrend… The Price was really so, so very small, in the greater scheme of things.

Just one Death, and the last decades of horror for the entire world could all go away…

He looked below him, as Sunspear silently banked, it was HIM. It was undoubtedly Him…Everyone knew his face…

The song, a bitter one, rattled in his ears as Sunspear angled over the path where the Hawkstrider rode, two bodyguards also mounted….A bitter pill. Three deaths then, three, balanced against all others, could he do that? Murder and know it was for the Good?

He crooned to himself as they trailed the procession as they headed south….

“Deatholm City is by the Elf-gate,

Blow the Bugle, draw the sword,

For the Traitor showed his face behind the Wall,

Wall, wall, wall wall,

Walls of Deatholm City, Walls of Deathholm City, in the dark….

The people started cheering, as the Enemy we were nearing,”

“Deatholm City’s a blasted place,

Blow the bugle, draw the sword,

But they’d made a grand mistake, when they’d sent us against the…

Walls, walls, walls walls,

Walls of Deatholm city, Walls of Deatholm City, in the Dark,

,We were shot down, in our Masses,

By the Gargoyle troops of Arthas

Across the Walls of Deatholm city, in the dark…”

“Deatholm City is Sun and Dust,

Blow the bugle, draw the sword,

I’d sooner have been shot down first,

Rather crash behind the Walls, Walls, Walls Walls

Walls of Deatholm City, Walls of Deatholm city, in the Dark

Keep your Officers beside you, and they will surely guide you,

Across the Walls of Deatholm City, in the Dark…”

“Deatholm City was a trap,

Blow the Bugle, draw the sword,

They shot us down in waves,

And they fell behind the Walls, Walls, Walls, Walls,

Walls of Deatholm City, Walls of Deatholm City, in the Dark.

Sun Help them as not had fled!

They were raised to join the Undead!

Across the Walls of Deatholm CIty, in the Dark…

“Turn your Hawk from Deathholm’s towns,

Blue the Bugle, draw the sword,

Nine tenths of us are down,

And they fell behind the Walls, Walls, Walls, Walls,

Walls of Deatholm City, Walls of Deatholm City in the Dark.

The People cheered to see us Flying!

Never knew we’d all be Dying!

Across the Walls of Deatholm City, in the Dark….”

He looked down, it was almost a litany, Five Hundred Dragonhawk riders had flown against that first incursion, because of the traitor… The survivors numbered a tenth. Fifteen years later, almost half of them had taken their own lives out of alienation, rage and guilt. To this day, those Blood Elves who were still alive, were still fighting the Scourge War…

Just one Death…Just three….

Sunspear glided down silently, Brigante was not jubilant, did not make noise, Sunspear did not beat his wings, He wondered, at that moment when Dar’khan Drathir turned his head in time for Dragonhawk flame to reduce him to a greasy spot of pitch, whether the Treachery had been in his mind at that point, or had that come later.

He knew one thing….

There would be no Lament of “Walls of Deatholm City”, not now that its cause was a guttering fire behind him…No Invasion by Arthas, without a traitor to open the way….

Surely now, it was possible, for Peace in Our Time, The Sin’dorei wheeled his Dragonhawk into the skies, he was not afraid of being recognised, he was wearing red and gold, and no one wore that….

Yet.

And perhaps never would…

So the question is…A Follow on from that…

The Bronze Dragonflight give your character the ability to travel -Forwards- in Time. What change would you try to effect?

That is… quite an interesting question
I’m not quite sure, traveling forward in time and doing anything in that present would solve the problems of the the past, our curent present, and we have our hands full at the moment :hourglass_flowing_sand:
But depending of the Future - I’m sure the Bronze Flight have some trick to see that future, and have their reason to send me forward - I would try to complete my mission they gave me.
Or if its free to do anything, I would continue what I do in the present and done in the past, securing the future for the Worgens :hourglass:
And if I have time - sorry for the pun - I would try to convince an Infinite Dragon to go back in time, and join me during one of my Time Walking adventures…
I think such a creature and me would be best friends forever - bonus points if the Inifinite is a she and have 0 problem of taking Worgen form for… reasons. Nothing particular. Just… reasons. *cough
:wolf:

Question: If Queen Azshara would offer you to join her and be her servant - not an equal, face it, she would never accept anything less than a Titan as her equal - but a trusted one, right hand man, basically second in comand in her Empire… would you accept it? Neturally, in this scenario (and lets be honest, all…) she double crossed N’Zoth and destroyed the Horde and Alliance to the point the survivors were forced together to from a pathetic little resistance, and you are at the moment, when she offers you the position, either a member of it or independent (as much as it possible) - but you can bet, your first test of loyalty would be to exterminate the Restistance
Soooo… would you accept her offer? Why? (if not, why?)

“Piss on your offer, Serpent Queen. My people made that mistake with the Firelord already.”

Dangerbeard walks away from the interviewer, leaving him speechless.

Question: What is the worst act you’ve committed? Do you regret it at all?

“…I helped, in the creation of what is now named the Blight. Not a day goes by in which I do not regret this, nor put forth efforts to atone for it. An act I will never live down.”

Question: Do you remember, your first crush?

Anwser:
Thion nods once, glancing at his feet for the briefest of moments. If one could read his features during that brief moment, they would find sorrow, regret and shame, instead of embarassment.

“Yes, I do quite remember her and I very highly doubt I’ll ever forget her. She had large azure eyes, long, lush blonde hair and a friendly kind of wit I envy her for to this day. She did not return my feelings of course, but I got over it after some time. And then she became the best friend I ever could, or ever will have.”

Question: Have you ever had to kill a friend? Either a mercy kill, or an enemy that used to be your friend also counts.
Describe how and why it happened, if the anwser is yes!

In a hushed tone, she looks down at her hands, fingers curling with tension.

“Gilded cage aflame; years to shape and guide the wall to hold against the tide. Stream of souls washed along, a net cast wide to choke and wake, lingers still their broken song; scars we hide for future’s sake. Aching bones seal in the shame; wasting woe too harsh to hide.”

Question:

The world is full of people with wondrous powers. If you could learn a new ability from any of them, who would it be and what new ability would you pick to learn?