Level 60 blue gear on AH

Just come back from Classic to retail, and I’m seeing gear like “Shadowlace Cuffs” and “Shadowlace Cowl” on the AH. Can I use it? How do I know what the stats are when it says “Random Stat”? Can my Warlock even use this? Do I need to be a tailor or meet some other requirement? Can I use a full set of it on my character or is it limited to 1 piece or 2 pieces or whatever?

I did search WoWhead and youtube but couldn’t find an explanation on how this gear works and I don’t want to waste thousands of gold buying any of this stuff only to find some cheesy restriction that means I can’t use it.

So any answers on how this works would be great. Thanks.

Welcome back!

The first thing I’d say is: compare the Blue 233 gear to the Green 229 gear. The Green 229s are generally much cheaper, and, depending on the stats they have compared to what you want, may be just as good or better!

There are two cases:

1. You want to play this alt and progress it in instances. In that case, saving gold buy buying 229s that will quickly be replaced makes sense
  2. You are just going to farm or quest in this character. In that case, compare the expected power difference between the 229 and the 233 and see if the extra gold is worth it.

The addon Pawn sill show you an estimate of the upgrade value for each piece based on the stats for your generic spec. If you want a more targeted evaluation of your stats, you can get that from raidbods.com and plug those values into Pawn.

The Shadowlace gear is crafted, and comes in various item levels and stats.

CAREFUL: There is also ilevel 262 Shadowlace gear. It comes with the tag “Unique-Equipped: Shadowlands Crafted (1)”

YOU CAN EQUIP ONLY 1 PIECE of the ilevel 262 crafted gear! (BTW I thing the devs screwed up badly doing this.)

So if you think you have spotted some bargain 262 items, be aware that you can equip only one of them.

OK, back to the 233 Shadowlace Blues in the AH.

Click on the “Shadowlace Whatever” line you see in the AH, and a new screen will open up listing all the individual items for sale. You can then look at the price and stats for each.

There are no special requirements to wear either the 233 or the 262 items, except that you can equip only one 262. You don’t need Tailoring, or to unlock anything; just your :moneybag: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help. Just what I was looking for. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.