Level Squish in 9.0: Old raids and professions. [ Blizzard has to read this! ]

Hey y’all. I wanted to elaborate to you what did they mean when they said, at Blizzcon, that old raids are gonna be untouched by the level squish. I think they have to come back to this idea because of the problems that would occour.

So… when we go in 9.0, everything in game that has a level, will get that level squished by a factor of 2.4. This factor is obtained diving 120 by the equivalent level we will have in Shadowlands, which is 50.If we use that factor to calculate the levels of all the past raids, their loot and the crafting items of the professions, we obtain something like that:

Classic Raids/Loot/Profession Crafts: 25Bc : 29,1 ( of course the numbers with coma are gonna be rounded )Wotlk: 33,3Cata: 35,4Mop: 37,5Wod: 41,6Legion: 45,8Bfa: 50

All of that will create quite a bit of problems in both gameplay and coherence, here are 2 examples:

If I finish the initial zone ( 1-10 ) and pick wotlk as the xpac to level between 10-50, when I will finish it and I will be level 50, I will be able to zone in into ICC and oneshot everything. Because the quests in icc brought me to level 50, while mobs INSIDE icc ( which should be much stronger ) will be level 33. This is nonsense. It’s nonsense taking 1-2 minutes or maybe more than 1 player to kill a wanted quest mob in dragonblight, but 2-shotting the lich king himself.

Regarding the profession crafts, they will share the same kind of problematic:So I am leveling up in northred, I am almost done ( level 40-45 ), I am leveling my profession… and the items I craft are useless to wear because they are not scaling with my level, but stucked at 33.

What should happen instead, since all xpacs before shadowlands are now happening simoultaneously gameplay-wise, is that all of them get scaled to level 50 and all crafting items pop up as the same level of the character who is creating it.

If one is concerned about not being able to solo old content anymore: They can simply shorten the amount of levels you need to be higher than the content you are doing to be able to oneshot everything.At the moment you need to be 20 levels higher. So in BFA you can solo WOD raids, but not Legion Raids. Since now all levels are being reduced by a factor of 2.4, it makes sense that you now need only 10 levels ahead of the content to oneshot it, instead of 20.

Please upvote and make blizzard notice this if you agree.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.